C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion

Go down 
+4
amainachen
Susan
coocooitstrue
abasketclayse
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion Empty
PostSubject: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:16 am

Just wondering who watched the debates last night - let's keep it friendly... ROTFL

I watched and read a live blog at the same time - very cool!!!

I watched via CNN - who had a "excite-o-meter" (that's what I call it) that measured a group of men and women who were watching a debate - the group were OHIO UNDECIDED VOTERS!!! (I just LOVE all the attention Ohio gets during the elections!) That was interesting and cheesy at the same time.

I'm gonna give props to both candidates - debates are, I think, a very hard thing to do - talk about pressure, on the spot!

I thought Palin seemed quite nervous at the beginning, but became more comfortable as it went along. I feel her answers were not as informative and meaty. I thought Biden, who has a history of being overly chatty at times, did a good job of using his time well and not sticking her a few times he could of.

I have to say, I love the excitement I feel this election is creating - even walking through my neighborhood it is great to see people with yard signs out supporting their candidate. hidee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:29 am

i was working and couldnt really focus because all I can do is listen to the t.v from the other office...but i could hear the residents talking some, most of them were very hard on Palin, Im just not like that, even if I dont like someone, why bother being catty about it ya know ??

I will continue to watch the presedential candidates speak, and continue to read up on them....right now Im heading most towards Obama....from the issues he supports (I must admit Mccain does support things I support too) to the way he speaks, and the inspiration I feel from him....I feel at this time Obama will be a fresh start with new ways of change for our country.....Its just my opinion, Im not here to put down Mccain or imply he is a bad person at all.....I just want something different than what most he is offering....

I pray that no matter what I think or anyone thinks that this time God will make sure the RIGHT person gets in office and turns some things around, for all of us, here in the states and outside as well.....

its a rough time...Im not very poilitical at all...so when people ask me why and who and what ....im deer in headlights...im trying to learn as much as possible....trying to do the right thing by not blindly voting....but at times, Im more the person who goes by who inspires me, who can back up what they say.....mostly are they different from the last president,,,,,and not here to burn G.W. but....I am not a fan so much...he tried ...ill give him that, I just dont think (remember im not judging and im not very educated politically) but I just dont think he did a good job....Mccain seems to be following his lead..and that bothers me ...

anyhow I hope I dont offend anyone with anything Ive said...

may the BEST and RIGHTFUL man win....the one who will truly make a difference...and change the hell our world has been in ....

heder
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:05 pm

as objectively-independent as i can discuss last night's debate:

they both scored points along the way, but overall Biden appeared more knowledgable. i suppose viewers should expect that, with all those year spent in the Senate? he was wise in not directing any personal attacks untowards Sarah.. i can tell he was wishing he could toss out snarky retorts a few times.. but held out. Sarah came off once again as very likable and extremely connect-ible with the avg American... but she skirted 2 questions Iffle posed to her. that said, she was very impressive getting her message across, considering she has only been in politics for 5 yrs. you have to give her some credit..after just 5 weeks of hard study and preparation, her message was constant, unflinching in her admiration and support for McCain, while informing the public about her own successful record. i don't think she could have done any better, considering she was up against a long time player in the Senate who's been there/done that before many times on the Senate floor.

what gets me in these debates is how the b/s flies. those accusations about passing or not passing certain bills/regulations by McCain and even Obama? there is more to the simplified answer of Yea or Nay... and i don't know how those watching are interpreting what they hear. Biden had a segment where he relentlessly bashed G.W., and for that, i wanted to smack him upside the head. not that W hasn't made some mistakes, but b/c Biden kept trying to link McCain to similar perceived errors ACROSS THE BOARD. i suppose that is to be expected, to give the impression you are getting the same type of leadership. different man but same Party.

imo, there were no home runs. based on all factors.. presentation, demeanor, knowledge.. i have to say Biden won. Sarah does present very well, is very engaging, and she held her cool last night. the question remains to many, i think: is she or is she not able to successfully step into a VP postion?

have i changed my McCain/Palin vote as a result? no. i strongly feel Sarah Palin is good at what she takes on, has an impressive/successful record in Alaska, and is a fast learner. i see eye to eye more with McCain than i do, Obama, as my ideology is more in line with conservative thinking. in a nutshell.... the less government involvement in our lives, the better off we are. Sarah made a good point about that during this debate. it's just anyone's guess whether it resonated strongly enuf to the viewers to sway undecided voters.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I agree that Sarah seemed a bit nervous in the beginning, but she sure came into her own as the debate progressed. I love her "you betcha's" and folksy talk. She's just so warm and personable. I am not a political person at all but I can actually understand the issues when she is speaking. I have no reason to believe that she will do anything other than a fine job as VP. Lets hope she gets the chance chee

This was my first time seeing Biden. I think he wanted to bite her head off but restrained himself. Good move on his part. He seems intelligent and I know he has the experience, but so does Ms. Palin and I think this country needs her youth and warmth.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:35 pm

And can I just say....this has bothered me before, but the mom in me can't help it....

PLEASE GET THAT BABY A BED TO SLEEP IN!!!! - IT'S OK, WE KNOW YOU'RE A MOM BUT THE LITTLE ONES JUST DON'T NEED TO BE AT A DEBATE!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:31 pm

My "objective" view of the debate is that both did what they intended to do.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Number of posts : 2074
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:39 pm

Well i'm a huge Palin supporter and i thought she was fantastic. Of course Biden is more knowledgeable with his 35 years in politics but she was great last night. She showed knowledge of the questions, showed class throughout the event. I think the election is a done deal with the way the economy has taken a dive. I don't think the Republicans have a pray unless something big happens and its a shame. I think Mccain/Palin would have made a great team.

Biden was respectful and knowledgeable. I just disagree with his poltics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:47 pm

She is just amazing. I was so impressed by her performance and guts to debate a man who has 30 plus years of experience. She held her own and then some. I have no problem with her being a heartbeat away from the presidency after all she has done more than Obama ever did. He basically just talks about it.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:16 pm

paminhlwd wrote:
She is just amazing. I was so impressed by her performance and guts to debate a man who has 30 plus years of experience. She held her own and then some. I have no problem with her being a heartbeat away from the presidency after all she has done more than Obama ever did. He basically just talks about it.

exactly Pam. I am so proud of her. With all the media bias against her and the rude and crude comments directed at her for her to come out there composed and self confident and knowledgeable in the issues it was a wow for me.

Last edited by amainachen on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:28 pm

ExMenudoFan wrote:
My "objective" view of the debate is that both did what they intended to do.

I think they both did a fine job. They both did what they needed to do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:33 pm

If for some reason McCain does not win the election, I fully expect to see Palin as a Presidential candidate in 2012. She's the new face of the Republican party.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:48 pm

ExMenudoFan wrote:
If for some reason McCain does not win the election, I fully expect to see Palin as a Presidential candidate in 2012. She's the new face of the Republican party.

i expect great things for this woman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 pm

I loved how she asked him when they were greeting each other at the beginning of the debate if is was ok to call him Joe, and he said "sure".

Then after the debate both families mingled. There was something very genuine about all of it. It didn't come across as formal, or put on. I got the feeling that Biden genuinely likes and admires Palin, and that Palin felt the same way about him. I don't think Biden could have attacked her even if that was what he was told to do.

He didn't treat Hilary very nice, he was downright rude at times to her!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:14 pm

I actually thought the two of them did a better job overall in their debate than the Presidential candidates did in their first debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:30 pm

They did better than I expected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:53 pm

I didn't think she was nervous at all.

I liked the way she looked directly at the people (camera) right off the bat.

I look at it as - she was up against someone that had 35 years in and she held her own. She was a good match to him.
She did good.

I was going from one station to another to another to see the opinions of the analyst. They all agreed that she held her own.
Of course - what I don't like - you could tell that many of the stations are biased.

I didn't watch GMA this morning, but a friend of mine called and was taking about them going over who lied and were showing clips as proof of when they did.
He said Biden 6 times and Palin 1.

I wish I had seen that.

It is funny - I have never been into watching any of the political stuff until this election.
Back to top Go down
jojoincal

jojoincal

Number of posts : 2068

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Most of you have a much sunnier view of Sarah Palin than do I. In no way does she have the skills to be a heartbeat away from taking over the Presidency. She may have done OK as mayor of a very small town in Alaska and as governor of a state that may be geographically large but with their entire population of about 700,000, it is smaller than a city down the highway from me - San Jose, California, which has 974,000. The problems worldwide that the next President must deal with are way too complicated for her, based not just on this debate but on her recent interviews as well.

In the debate last night, Sarah spoke in generalities most of the time. When she was given a question that she "didn't feel like" answering, she diverted to talking yet again about the oil in Alaska - something she brags about over and over because that's one of the 'talking points' she's comfortable with. Even when she was asked again to answer the question, she gave a 'cutesy' response and still wouldn't answer.

It is very interesting how most of the analyists thought it was a good thing that Joe Biden held his tongue and didn't snark back at Sarah Palin when she was throwing jabs and accusations his way. Is this what equal rights for women has evolved into? The woman can say any darn thing she wants, but the man must not do likewise or it will be held against him? Actually, I am thankful that Joe did keep his cool and not react to her less than truthful statements about him and Barack. Joe Biden was very smart to focus his attention on John McCain rather than Sarah Palin.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:33 pm

Funny how we see different things depending on what/who our personal choices are....
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 pm

jojoincal wrote:
Most of you have a much sunnier view of Sarah Palin than do I. In no way does she have the skills to be a heartbeat away from taking over the Presidency. She may have done OK as mayor of a very small town in Alaska and as governor of a state that may be geographically large but with their entire population of about 700,000, it is smaller than a city down the highway from me - San Jose, California, which has 974,000. The problems worldwide that the next President must deal with are way too complicated for her, based not just on this debate but on her recent interviews as well.

In the debate last night, Sarah spoke in generalities most of the time. When she was given a question that she "didn't feel like" answering, she diverted to talking yet again about the oil in Alaska - something she brags about over and over because that's one of the 'talking points' she's comfortable with. Even when she was asked again to answer the question, she gave a 'cutesy' response and still wouldn't answer.

It is very interesting how most of the analyists thought it was a good thing that Joe Biden held his tongue and didn't snark back at Sarah Palin when she was throwing jabs and accusations his way. Is this what equal rights for women has evolved into? The woman can say any darn thing she wants, but the man must not do likewise or it will be held against him? Actually, I am thankful that Joe did keep his cool and not react to her less than truthful statements about him and Barack. Joe Biden was very smart to focus his attention on John McCain rather than Sarah Palin.

We evidently do have a great difference. I see a person who will make a great vice president, sure needs some experience but if we are going to be fair we have a man with as much or little (depending on your views) experience who is running for President, who if wins will be our leader. That scares me more. JMO I do believe Clinton had as little or as much experience as Palin. He was govenor of a much smaller state but according to most of the democrats he did fantastic. I just don't get the difference. Reagan was govenor and gasp an actor and he was the greatest President imo we ever had. so i believe as a govenor of Alaska she holds her own with experience to be vice president when clinton and Reagen were President's and were just govenors. i feel secure in her knowledge and her ability to grasp foreign, economic, social issues. If they win (which is doubtful at this time) she would be great.

Last edited by amainachen on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:50 pm

[quote="jojoincal"]Most of you have a much sunnier view of Sarah Palin than do I. In no way does she have the skills to be a heartbeat away from taking over the Presidency. She may have done OK as mayor of a very small town in Alaska and as governor of a state that may be geographically large but with their entire population of about 700,000, it is smaller than a city down the highway from me - San Jose, California, which has 974,000. quote]

What Town, City, State or Company has Obama run? None!

He barely had his foot in the door of the US Senate when and he turned right around after a few months and began his run for President.

What promises did he make to the voters of Illinois in order to get elected?
Did he fulfill any of those promises in the short time he actually worked there?

He doesn't have any Executive Experience, he doesn't have National Political Experience.
What's he going to do if he is elected? Quit after a couple of months, and ask around if there is something else he can run for?

Of the 4 running for the White House, he is by far the least experienced
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:52 pm

[quote="Janey"]
jojoincal wrote:
Most of you have a much sunnier view of Sarah Palin than do I. In no way does she have the skills to be a heartbeat away from taking over the Presidency. She may have done OK as mayor of a very small town in Alaska and as governor of a state that may be geographically large but with their entire population of about 700,000, it is smaller than a city down the highway from me - San Jose, California, which has 974,000. quote]

He barely had his foot in the door of the US Senate when and he turned right around after a few months and began his run for President.

Did he fulfill any of those promises in the short time he actually worked there?

He doesn't have any Executive Experience, he doesn't have National Political Experience.
What's he going to do if he is elected? Quit after a couple of months, and ask around if there is something else he can run for?

exactly what i have been saying. I just don't get how palin's experience can be criticized for vp and we ignore the experience of obama for president. it makes me go what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:27 pm

[quote="amainachen"]
Janey wrote:
jojoincal wrote:
Most of you have a much sunnier view of Sarah Palin than do I. In no way does she have the skills to be a heartbeat away from taking over the Presidency. She may have done OK as mayor of a very small town in Alaska and as governor of a state that may be geographically large but with their entire population of about 700,000, it is smaller than a city down the highway from me - San Jose, California, which has 974,000. quote]

exactly what i have been saying. I just don't get how palin's experience can be criticized for vp and we ignore the experience of obama for president. it makes me go what?

I don't understand any of it myself. I clicked on MSNBC
(my bad) a few minutes ago and there was a Journalist saying how Race was playing a part in this election. That there are a lot of White Democrats that wont vote for Obama because he is Black. Yet, no one says a word about all those Black people that are voting for Obama for that very same reason, go figure. And then we have Oprah, why do you think she, for the first time ever supports a Presidential Candidate. One Guess....I will tell you this much, it's not because his Mother was White.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:29 pm

So many people hate Bush I think they would vote for the devil himself if he was on the democratic ticket. Obama sounds intelligent, is eloquent, but really what has this man done so far, but make speeches, that makes him qualified to be president. Democrats, fill me in I'm listening.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:31 pm

Remember the title of the thread - a friendly discussion. Once we start bashing one of the candidates, it's not friendly anymore. Feel free to say why you love how your candidate or who you think did well last night, but can we avoid the controversy? At least on this thread. If Morgan wants to start a seperate thread for deep rooted, emotional threads that's her perogative. I was just trying to put up some timely things to talk about. I don't want to encourage arguing. (though I know politics encourages that... Sad )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Sorry didn't mean to bask anyone I just get so emotional about how the media has been treating Palin and never say anything negative about Obama. I am just asking for fair and balanced reporting and I don't see that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion   So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

So, who watched the political debates? A FRIENDLY discussion
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next