C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A word about the political discussions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

A word about the political discussions Empty
PostSubject: A word about the political discussions   A word about the political discussions EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:50 pm

One sure way to lose friends is to discuss politics or religion with them.

We all feel strongly about some things and if others don't agree with you please try not to take that personally. So what if some of us don't agree with the politics of Obama, McCain. Palin, or that other guy

( lol wheres Biden in the bashing ? poor guys getting ignored)

I don't understand why people get so upset when someone goes after your political interest - its what politics is all about. some think one way, some another. Some find things politicians say outrageous and others defend it.

So what - really - unless Obama is your boyfriend or Palin is your sister or that other invisible guy is your neighbor ( sorry Biden ) than so what ! Its not a personal attack against you.

Come on now

If you guys want to keep a political forum then you're going to have to grow a thicker skin. We have precious few members now and we've all been through the wringer lately so if you can't deal with your guy ( or girl ) being evaluated by another in not always such glorious terms than maybe you need to get out of the heat of the kitchen.

If the problems continue, the Kitchen will have to be closed.
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A word about the political discussions   A word about the political discussions EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:06 pm

ONE of these teams is going to LEAD OUR COUNTRY!!!!

It excites me to see so many people embracing their candidates and beliefs. I havent' seen that in a long, long time.

It scares me to see people - on both sides- so defensive and downright angry and spiteful - yikes - we WILL be living with one of these leaders and are going to have to learn to deal AND support to a certain degree. I truly fear for the candidates.

It's very hard not to make comments personal. It's very hard to sort through the media/articles/statements we hear and see to know what is true. Really, there is so much we just have to TRUST. So much we can't control.

snk
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A word about the political discussions   A word about the political discussions EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Morgan is also right that this type of talk among friends especially can be very, very difficult - with no clear right or wrong, but hurt feelings almost assured.

That of course, would not be the goal of having these threads - to develop angst.

The last thing ANY of us (I hope) want is to have anyone so angry that they want to not participate - BUT - if these threads make you overly upset - just like a few of you have been so mature to do - please walk away brieflly and come back if you can.

I am very impressed by the knowledge and heartful feelings of so many here - you are really good people. ht
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: A word about the political discussions   A word about the political discussions EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 2:25 pm

I do my best to stay out of the political discussions.

I'm also "undecided" at this point because I'm not too thrilled with the candidates at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A word about the political discussions   A word about the political discussions Empty

Back to top Go down

A word about the political discussions
Page 1 of 1