C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twilight and other Series books

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cherie

Cherie

Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Twilight and other Series books Empty
PostSubject: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks Morgan for starting the new Twilight section. I thought sure that I read that someone else had mentioned wanting to start a Twilight thread before me, but I can't find that post now. It must have been in a different thread, either that or I imagined it. I was just agreeing that I thought it was a good idea. I'm not sure if that many people here have read them though. But like you said we can talk about any books. I read them so long ago, in order to discuss them, I'd probably have to read them all over again. Not that I'd mind. God knows I have plenty of time and I enjoyed them.
I have all of the Harry Potter books but have only read the first one so I have a lot of reading to catch up on with that one. I started the 2nd one a long time ago but got distracted, I guess. I also have the Lord of the Rings which I also haven't read. I got this set for Nate because he loves Lord of the Rings. We have all the movies too and I told him that one day we'd sit and have a LOTR marathon but it hasn't happened yet. Josh and I did have a HP marathon one weekend.

Is anyone watching the Vampire Diaries? I think it might've been mentioned at one time. I also have the books but haven't read them yet. I do like the show though. Which reminds me, I haven't even watched last night's show yet.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:40 pm

I just want to post a hiya and think it's great to see some new variety round here!!

(but as much reading as I do, these series are not my cup of tea - not yet anyway!)
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm

I tried to watch the Vampire Diaries but I don't think you can jump on that train. I was lost and it seemed like a daytime soap to me. But man, those are some pretty people on that show !!!!
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Number of posts : 2211

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Twilight...Vamp Diaries....HARRY POTTER section?????????????? eeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Twilight and other Series books Thud Twilight and other Series books Bliss Twilight and other Series books Cheerlea Twilight and other Series books Thud

i'll definitely be baaaack!!!!!!!!!!!
...here and on the other threads too, of course!
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 pm

OMG. just saw your avatar, Lori. LOL!!! Twilight and other Series books Coffeesp
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 am

Just dare coo and me to get started on a Twilight thread. Very Happy Especially anything to do with RPatz!! tongue

Back to top Go down
Cherie

Cherie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Susan wrote:
Just dare coo and me to get started on a Twilight thread. Very Happy Especially anything to do with RPatz!! tongue

I can't believe I've been sitting here staring at the word RPatz wondering what the heck it meant. It finally dawned on me and I can't believe I'm actually telling you this. I am a fan of the books and movies but I haven't been to any websites, mesageboard or anything related to them. I haven't followed the actors at all so I guess I'm not a real fan afterall.

Do we need to dare you? I hope you do get started. I'm sure there's lots of stuff I don't know and would love to read about.

The thing I'm the most interested right now though, is when can we expect the next movie? And is it true that they're planning on making the last book into 2 movies? I read that somewhere, but not sure where now.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm

haha That's what all the Twihards call Rob! I thought it was kinda cute - just like him. katy Coo always has good info on Twilight.

Part one of Breaking Dawn will be this November and part two will be the following year. They have been filming part of it in Baton Rouge and there were even sightings of Rob and some of the other actors here in N.O. I think I would tdb if I saw him in person - those eyes!!!

In a way I'm glad they are making the movie in two parts because it gives us one more movie to look forward to, but it will be so hard waiting a whole year for it. I think Stephanie Meyer should get busy and write some more Twilight books. There are so many areas in which she could go with it.

LOVE the books and the movies - can you tell? lolol

Thanks Morgan for setting this up!!

I've never seen the Vampire Diaries but I'm sure I would love it. It's on the second season now, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 am

Twi-Geek, checking in!! Twilight and other Series books Longtong i have my 'sources' on AllThingsTwilight, and share the bits of
information/links/pictures with Susan by email, because i know she's a huge fan of Robert Pattinson!
as for me, i adore them all in their own way, meaning the characters from the movies. i am also
a wolf lover!! that said, i don't have a strong favorite, but i am bizarredly attracted to the weirdness that
is Jasper lol!
i'm pathetic. just thinking about Breaking Dawn coming out in November, i had to reread the book
again. that's the 5th time! Twilight and other Series books 1n Book 4 is my most favorite of them all.
Vampire Diaries is on Thurs nites at 8pm, CW channel. i enjoy this show, but it no way replaces
the Twilight series for me. it's on hiatus at the moment, and returns with new episodes 4/7.
Cherie, if you're really interested in a little more information with the Twilight movies, i can send
you some mails with pictures, links. do i have your email address?
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 am

f/n to Sus: don't expect any more Twilight books from Meyer. she's writing again, but with
a different storyline. not sure what it's about. i haven't had time to check her website. i agree
with you tho, there is more 'story' to tell. the final-FINAL Twilight book could center on Renesmee
and Jacob!! their life together has just begun!
Back to top Go down
Cherie

Cherie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 pm

So it's true about making the last book into 2 movies. I can't wait.

Yes, The Vampire Diaries is in it's 2nd season. I love that show. I love Twilight but I think the actors can be kind of boring at times. There is nothing boring about the actors in the VD. And they're really good looking too.

Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Diaries has been very good this season, Cherie! lots of action! new people!! can't wait to see
who is cast as Klaus....and i don't think that we've seen the last of Elijah... Twilight and other Series books 1n
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Here's a bunch of photos from RPattz who was on MTV yesterday. *swoon* Click on the MTV link. You'll have to have a facebook account to view them I think.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/The-Twilight-Saga-Edward-Cullen-Fans-Unite/128220743858615

Last edited by Susan on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Clip of Rob in his new movie. I can't wait to see this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxhVh8RO0ws
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Breaking Dawn teaser photo. How can they possibly make this a PG-13 movie? wink

http://www.twilightnews.co.uk/2010/11/30/glamour-magazine-first-official-breaking-dawn-photos/
Back to top Go down
Cherie

Cherie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm starting to worry that the movie Breaking Dawn may be disappointing. They're saying that they will rate it PG-13 no matter what, to make sure it stays a teen flick, but I don't see how they can do that without leaving out a lot of stuff. I really enjoyed the book and I have a very vivid imagination when I'm reading, so I found it a little difficult to see how they would portray it in a movie. There were a lot of gory scenes going on in my head. I would love to see the movie as my mind pictured it, but I'm afraid that even if they did film such scenes that they'll end up on the cutting floor.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/03/25/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-pg-13/
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 am

If they keep it PG13, I guess they'll be leaving a lot of the story to our imagination. Sad I wish they'd put out a R version for the grownups and the PG13 for the kiddies!!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:07 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Official Breaking Dawn trailer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCai8g4jV_0&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Cherie

Cherie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:06 pm

OMG, I can't wait for this movie to come out. I clicked on your link and saw that there are a ton of videos on youtube. I had no idea that there were any trailers out yet. I could spend an entire day just watching them. They all seem to be different too. Where do they come from? How do people get material like this to make all of these videos?
The little girl who was picked to play Renesmee is adorable.
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello to my Twilight lovers! i am trying to keep my expectations down a little for Br/Dawn...but
it's kinda hard for me to do that as i've enjoyed all of the films in the series, each one progressively
more than the last! November seems so far away...THEN BDPt2 is not going to be released 'til
the following November (2012!!)
for the time being, i am looking forward to seeing Water for Elephants. i really enjoyed the book,
and DO have high hopes for this movie! calling Rob 'Jacob' in another film is gonna get downright
confusing for some Twilight fans Twilight and other Series books 1_wink
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Anyone going to see Water for Elephants? It starts tomorrow and the first show is at 11:00. I'm going to shoot for that one. Can't wait to see Rob and Reese together!!

http://www.waterforelephants.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 pm

OKAY, am a little late to the Twilight party. Girlfriend of mine insisted that I see the series (she has them all on dvd). I was reluctant, as I'm not into vampire movies generally. I went kicking and screaming over to her house last Wed to see the first two. I was mildly impressed, but not hooked. Last night I went over to see Eclipse. Am hooked now and can't wait to see the 4th and 5th. Problem is, much of it is WAY over my head. I feel like a dummy having to ask her questions all throughout the movies. She's an expert, and has seen them like 700 times! Would it help me to go back now and read the books? I am thinking about it. To maybe catch some things I missed in the movies.
Back to top Go down
Cherie

Cherie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm

I think it would help a lot if you were to read the books. As in any movie that came from a book, there's always some stuff that gets left out. The Twilight series isn't any different. If you liked the moves, I think you'll love the books. I've read all 4 but I've been rereading Breaking Dawn, the last one, just to refresh my memory before the movie comes out. The book was pretty intense, so I can't wait to see the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight and other Series books   Twilight and other Series books Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight and other Series books
Page 1 of 1