C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama Has Won

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:50 am

Congratulations to all of his supporters here. I am sure you are all feeling very happy, as you should be.

Hugs to all......
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

Number of posts : 11531
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:11 am

Thank you Jane!

I must say that McCain was very gracious and gave a compelling speech. I admire him for the way he conveyed what was in his heart. I wouldn't have been upset to see him in office, he would have been a vast improvement over the Bush administration that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 am

Jane, love
Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Thank you Janey....
Yes Obama is our new president and I am very hopeful
that he will bring some much needed change to this country...

I am feeling hope and peace about it and also want to tell the
people who support McCain that I think he is a wonderful person
and I thank him for his service to our country....

I pray that at some point, both men will sit down and discuss ideas
McCain has alot of experience, and there would be nothing wrong with him
aiding Obama for any reason....

I wish peace and love to you all in this historic time...

God bless America and each and every one of you !!!

Heder
Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:50 pm

My husband and I cried at the election results. I truly never thought I'd see this in my life. That in and of itself is sad that I could not foresee the possibility even at a relatively young age of 38. I called my brother and in the 29 years of his life, I have never heard him as excited as he was Tuesday night. He's an extremely quiet person but he could not contain his joy Tuesday night. I'm still in a state of shock and don't quite believe it. This is all tempered with sadness since my father is not alive to see this. He was a Republican but I think even he would have been emotional. I am thankful that my grandparents, born and raised in Atlanta, who were active participants in the civil rights struggle, were alive to see this day. There was a time not so long ago when they could not vote. I can only imagine how they feel.

I pray that President Elect Obama will serve this country with distinction. I pray that he will truly reach across to the Republican party and be EVERYONE's president and not just the president for those who voted for him. I hope that the electorate will remain engaged in the political process and work for change in their own communities. No one person can do it alone.

I've stayed away from the board because I know how unpopular Obama was here. I just hope that we can come together as a country and work to rebuild. I hope that Obama will continue to inspire and bring out the best in all of us as he must certainly give the best of himself. I feel that I must seek to do better in my own life in the face of such a monumental event.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Ex, so eloquently said. ht It indeed was a very, very special moment and time.

It is good to a point that people are passionate about their candidate but in the end, with someone eventually being elected, you are right - you can choose to look away and stalk off and refuse to find the good in the elected person or you can step up to the plate and support them by working for the good of our communities.

I too, feel that not only do we need a leader in the Presidential role, but very, very good people working with him.

Thanks for sharing your very personal glorious moment!
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 pm

I wondered if thats why you were missing Ex

I think just his opponesnts were loud here. Honestly, I thought Obama had a lot of support on the board. Its just the way of politics. It was in a way just as refreshing to me to have people openly not like him rather than try to act PC correct and be AFRAID to state they didn't like him in fear of appearing predjudiced. A strange kind of reverse predjudice.

It is a great testament to the endurance of the American spirit to see this man win. What amazed me even more was the mixture of races in the crowds. It was the young and new generation that heavily elected this man. It makes me proud to have done my job well and helped to raise a generation that sees no color barrier among men. They voted for the man, not for his color. That's truly wonderful to see.

I see the results here in this moment of a dream I once had as a young girl. A dream talked of in songs and poems and among friends. A dream portrayed on stage, written about in books, planned for in our future. The time was 1969 and a war raged on a world away. A war that took the lives of our friends, our brothers, our fathers. A war that seemed to have no reason, yet each day more died. We looked to each other and said. . . why. We looked to each other and decided . . . no more. War is wrong and love is the answer.

Love one another. Make love not war.

And with that our own battle lines were drawn. We took to the streets with our message. We faced down the rifles with flowers. We faced down the riot gear with song and hands held together. We faced down the predjudice of the world with body paint and velvet clothes and hair.

Everyone had a place with us. Everyone. We knew no color barriers, no race fears, no hatred. We loved even those that chose to beat and arrest us, those that chose to mock us, and worse yet, those that chose to poison and kill us.

We had a dream. We dreamed of a world where all things were possible. We dreamed of a world where love prevailed and war was no more. We dreamed of a better life for our children. And so it began. If each one of us taught our children to love and accept and seek peace . . . the world would be a better place.

Teach your children well
Their father's hell will slowly go by

Today I see with great astonishment that truly. . .

We taught our children well.

Love Barack Obama or hate him, but the fact will remain his historic election rings freedom louder and stronger than any of our words could ever say.

God bless this great land. May he guide it well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Ex ht

I just pray for our country to get back on track again, and if Obama can lead the way I'll stand behind him.
Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
I wondered if thats why you were missing Ex

I think just his opponesnts were loud here. Honestly, I thought Obama had a lot of support on the board. Its just the way of politics. It was in a way just as refreshing to me to have people openly not like him rather than try to act PC correct and be AFRAID to state they didn't like him in fear of appearing predjudiced. A strange kind of reverse predjudice.

It is a great testament to the endurance of the American spirit to see this man win. What amazed me even more was the mixture of races in the crowds. It was the young and new generation that heavily elected this man. It makes me proud to have done my job well and helped to raise a generation that sees no color barrier among men. They voted for the man, not for his color. That's truly wonderful to see.

I see the results here in this moment of a dream I once had as a young girl. A dream talked of in songs and poems and among friends. A dream portrayed on stage, written about in books, planned for in our future. The time was 1969 and a war raged on a world away. A war that took the lives of our friends, our brothers, our fathers. A war that seemed to have no reason, yet each day more died. We looked to each other and said. . . why. We looked to each other and decided . . . no more. War is wrong and love is the answer.

Love one another. Make love not war.

And with that our own battle lines were drawn. We took to the streets with our message. We faced down the rifles with flowers. We faced down the riot gear with song and hands held together. We faced down the predjudice of the world with body paint and velvet clothes and hair.

Everyone had a place with us. Everyone. We knew no color barriers, no race fears, no hatred. We loved even those that chose to beat and arrest us, those that chose to mock us, and worse yet, those that chose to poison and kill us.

We had a dream. We dreamed of a world where all things were possible. We dreamed of a world where love prevailed and war was no more. We dreamed of a better life for our children. And so it began. If each one of us taught our children to love and accept and seek peace . . . the world would be a better place.

Teach your children well
Their father's hell will slowly go by

Today I see with great astonishment that truly. . .

We taught our children well.

Love Barack Obama or hate him, but the fact will remain his historic election rings freedom louder and stronger than any of our words could ever say.

God bless this great land. May he guide it well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now THAT made me cry......Morgan...time and time again before I have said that you write so beautifully.....today you have written something that blows me away and shows the heart that I so adore in you.....God bless you and your talent to make people think...what a gift you have....

EX I hope you will continue to come here my love....all is well....the world has come about in full force and changed what we have known.....I am so proud of our country...

Love to you all

heder
Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:49 pm

I think it's great that people can talk openly about politics on the board. While there was a lot I would have posted in response, I didn't feel like dealing with people saying that I was blinded due to some loyalty I may have felt based on race. I'm not saying anyone particular would have said that but I felt that it would be an inevitable argument. There are just some battles I'm tired of fighting. Race didn't figure into my decision although the end result does affect me, in part, on a racial level. I am all for open debate. But I'm also for choosing to step away if I can't handle the heat in the kitchen. This time, I couldn't. I love everyone here but I just had to distance myself for short time.

I, too, was touched by the cultural unity. I have never seen anything like that.

Most of all, to see Dr. King's Dream actually realized in Obama is truly wonderful. I hope that people will not give him a pass just because of the historic nature of the election. It would be a slap in the face to the civil rights movement. He absolutely must prove that he is worthy of the position. He, more than any prior president. It's a tremendous burden but to whom much is given, much is expected.

I must also say that while I'm particuarly joyful, I'm also deeply saddened by the passing of Proposition 8. But that's a whole other discussion.

As for Senator McCain, I teared up for him as well. He fought hard and was so dignified in his concession speech. I hurt so much for him when he said the loss was his fault. I hope he'll let go of that feeling because it was not his fault. I don't know that any Republican could have won in this climate, regardless of the Democratic candidate.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Martin Luther King was very much a part of the times I described. We marched for peace. . . not only in a foreign land but also in our own country where riots and tension ran high. It's hard to describe the 60's and the unity of spirit and love that was born there against the status quo of the established order. It seems so normal now - oh well - the kids think different but then you were not allowed to think different. If you dressed yourself in velvet and tie die and even jeans, if you grew your hair, you then made a statement of who you were and believe me there was much predjudice against the flower children and all they believed. We were disowned by our families, harrassed by the police, our freedoms taken from us, arrested, spat on, screamed at and disapproved of by all that held power. It was a frightening time but you knew in your heart that you were right. You felt God's love all around you and you just moved forward with it because you had no doubt at all that you were right and love was the answer.

Martin Luther Kings words were for all of us that felt that way in the 60's. . . all who were held down and felt the sting of predjudice. He spoke for many in our generation, not only the people close enough to hear him. I wish you could have all been there to see the power of the movement. It was a magical time.

~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:01 pm

I can't imagine what it must have been like to be part of the movement. I'm thankful that I have been able to benefit from it, as we all are.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:28 pm

Glad to have you back Ex

I hope you never feel uncomfortable here again.
Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am

I thought it was really nice that when President Bush called Obama to congratulate him he invited the Obama family to come to the White House.

They are going on Monday. That will be fun for Michelle, Laura is going to show her around and visit with her alone at some point.

What a great country. It's amazing how important it is to everyone for an easy transition. Obama's team already has office space in the White House and Bush has a team of 20 helping them with things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obama Has Won Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Has Won   Obama Has Won Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Has Won
Page 1 of 1