C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

California Octuplets

Go down 
+2
Susan
abasketclayse
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

California Octuplets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:07 pm

The doctor definitely needs to be thoroughly investigated. This is like an abuse of power....unnatural to have 8 babies, especially when there are 6 at home.

This case, along with the Anthony and Peterson cases, sure are intriguing though. As I've said, truth is stranger than fiction!
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:15 pm

My biggest problem with the doctor is he failed to take into consideration the mother's mental state. It doesnt take a degree to see this woman has serious mental problems.

Her simple answer to why she did this is ' I wanted a big family because I was an only child '

Can't every one of you out there see this is a woman with a need that can't be fulfilled ? Why couldn't the doctor.

I just hate the idea of buying babies and thats exactly what she did. NO ONE would have allowed her to adopt this many children but they'll implant multiple eggs for a price.

It appears to me the doctor is trying to prove his new method of inserting the eggs is working and he was looking for this kind of publicity for the procedure. Well looks like it works real well doc - but I'll bet you didnt consider a little thing like ethics when you made this decision. Maybe the state will remind you big.

~~~
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 pm

It's going to be on Dr. Phil today to. He said her excuse is that she wants a big family but he is going to say what he really thinks is the reason. I'm betting it is because she feels no one really loves her and she knows her children will love her unconditionally and that's why she wants so many.
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

Number of posts : 11531
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up on Dr. Phil!

This woman is such a liar! First she lied about receiving any Government assistance, then she lied about any desire to look like Angelina Jolie, or even caring anything about being like her. It was so obvious that it was a blatant lie.

She tries to cover up her lie regarding food stamps as not being actual aid, or whatever she said.

She really is sickening. I understand that the woman is obviously ill, and not all there, definitely "from another planet" BUT still, it is very sickening to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:37 pm

The woman has a website up asking for donations!

http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Susan wrote:
The woman has a website up asking for donations!

http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/

This woman makes me want to puke. She has some nerve begging for gifts and donations. She spends over $165 thousand to get pregnant with these poor babies and she already has 6 at home she can't afford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

OMG, why is Kate Gosselin on just about every show that discusses this woman? I am so sick of looking at that woman.

She was on Larry King last week and I had to do a double take.

She doesn't even look like herself anymore. Between her plastic surgery, her tons of makeup (she is way over done) her perfect hair and her fixed and bleached teeth I don't know where to begin.

She even sounds and acts different. She is coming across so fake, like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

I think her fame has gone to her head. She better hope her ratings hold up because what the heck are they going to live on if the show is canceled. They are pretty much living off their kids.

Maybe this other woman thought she could do the same thing. She has mentioned in many of her interviews she wants a show, and she wants to be some type of parenting expert telling other's how to raise their kid's, Oh wait, maybe she could do that. That's what Kate has become, an expert in how to live off your kid's (along with dear old dad) and going on talk shows to discuss other people that have multiples......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Octuplet mom: I’ll use student loans to raise my kids
Reports say she gets food stamps and payments for 3 kids with disabilities

“Do you have any income at all?” TODAY’s Ann Curry asked Nadya Suleman during her exclusive interview with the 33-year-old mother of 14 children.

“At the moment, no,” Suleman replied, adding that she intended to use student loans “temporarily” to pay for her family’s care.

“Right now, you don’t have an income to provide for your children?” Curry repeated.

“Probably just with the student loans,” Suleman said. “I am providing for my children. I am. And that will probably run out by the time I go back to school. So I have my own way. It’s an alternative way, but it works.”

Public backlash
Curry told TODAY’s Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira that while many people view the birth of octuplets as a miracle, “there has been an intense public backlash,” particularly from people who see the cost of raising the children ultimately being borne by taxpayers.

“I’m responsible. I am not on welfare,” Suleman told Curry. “I don’t want to disparage or seem like I’m disparaging any individual who uses welfare as a form of a resource. It can be a valuable resource. I’ve chosen never to go on welfare. I feel that it is my responsibility to do what I can to provide for my children.”

But published reports say that Suleman is receiving at least two forms of public assistance.

All of Suleman’s children are under the age of 8, and she now has 10 children under the age of 2. According to The Los Angeles Times, three of her older children have disabilities and receive Supplemental Security Income. In addition, Suleman reportedly receives $490 a month

Not welfare’
Michael Furtney, a publicist for Suleman, told The Associated Press that Suleman does not think of the public funds she does receive as welfare.

“In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare,” he said. “They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare.”

From 1997 to 2006, Suleman was employed by a state mental hospital. She was disabled in a riot in 1999 and received disability payments totaling about $165,000 until those payments stopped during her pregnancy.

Suleman said she intends to go back to college in the fall to get a degree in counseling. She told Curry that while she was still able to work, she saved as much money as she could as she lived with her mother, Angela.

“I was able to work double shifts — constantly working double shifts. I was hoarding my money — nonstop working. I really didn’t have much of a social life,” Suleman said. “My friends would go, ‘Are you saving for a house, a car?’

“ ‘No, I’m saving for babies.’ ”

Curry asked how much money she spent on in vitro procedures.

“I don’t know. I would say close to 100,” Suleman replied.

“A hundred thousand dollars?” Curry asked.

“Probably,” Suleman said. “Yeah, definitely.”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29117041/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:26 pm

The Los Angeles Times has reported that Suleman, who had told Curry she has no income, receives $490 a month in food stamps in addition to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments for her 3-year-old son, Aidan, who is autistic, and for two other children who have milder developmental issues. The payments are $600 monthly for each of the three children.

The 33-year-old single mom repeated her belief that she is not receiving welfare.

“I'm not living off of any taxpayer money. If I am, if it's food stamps, it's a temporary resource, and it's only for food,” Suleman said. “It's an excellent resource if used appropriately and not for too long ... We receive no cash. And I've never even applied. I've never applied.”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29135989/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 pm

This woman isn't in her right mind. I can't believe half the stuff that comes out of her mouth. She claims she gets so cash. She gets $900.00 a month for three of her children, plus $490.00 in food stamps and she claims she is not on welfare?

I wouldn't trust her with those children.

She is another Casey Anthony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Well we know it is a lie that she says she never applied for the benefits, because had she not applied she wouldn't be receiving them. You have to apply to receive benefits Suspect
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Somewhere in her pinhead I hear her point. She doesnt recieve rent money or any non-working assistance. She recieves Social Security for disabilities and help with food that even people with fair amounts of income can get if they have a lot of kids.

She doesnt consider it welfare but well, shes not the brightest bulb on the tree of course. Hello, baby momma. . . you get taxpayers money to support your kids. It comes from Social Services . . . you get welfare.

and student loans are for paying for classes not for the upkeep of your children.

oh yeah and how old were your other children while you were working double shifts non-stop saving for ' babies '

seek help

at the taxpayers expense of course.

~~~
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 pm

oh and ps

there is no way in hell her face is not altered - and a LOT ! No one looks like that naturally and its kind of icky really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 pm

I believe she was working double shifts before she had any of the children. That was when she was working at the psychiatric hospital before she was injured working there.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 pm

So she hasnt worked in live 7 years ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:15 am

That's the way I understand it. She was on disability for those 7 years from what she says due to the injury she got working for the psychiatric hospital. She said when she was talking to Dateline that the disability just ended for her, but she does receive it for 3 of her kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:25 am

Taxpayers may be covering octuplet mom’s bills

Hospital where 33-year-old gave birth asking state to reimburse its costs

LOS
ANGELES - A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya
Suleman’s 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California’s
taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of
dollars in the red.
Even
before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to
octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children
with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security
disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will
almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.
Also,
the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12
weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state’s Medicaid
program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles
Times. The cost has not been disclosed.

Word
of the public assistance has stoked the furor over Suleman’s decision
to have so many children by having embryos implanted in her womb.
Harsh criticism toward the mother
“It
appears that, in the case of the Suleman family, raising 14 children
takes not simply a village but the combined resources of the county,
state and federal governments,” Los Angeles Times columnist Tim Rutten
wrote in Wednesday’s paper. He called Suleman’s story “grotesque.”
On
the Internet, bloggers rained insults on Suleman, calling her an
“idiot,” criticizing her decision to have more children when she
couldn’t afford the ones she had, and suggesting she be sterilized.

“It’s
my opinion that a woman’s right to reproduce should be limited to a
number which the parents can pay for,” Charles Murray wrote in a letter
to the Los Angeles Daily News. “Why should my wife and I, as taxpayers,
pay child support for 14 Suleman kids?”
She was also berated on talk radio, where listeners accused her of manipulating the system and being an irresponsible mother.
“From
the outside you can tell that this woman was playing the system,” host
Bryan Suits said on the “Kennedy and Suits” show on KFI-AM. “You’re
damn right the state should step in and seize the kids and adopt them
out.”
Suleman’s spokesman, Mike Furtney, urged understanding.
“I
would just ask people to consider her situation and she has been under
a tremendous amount of pressure that no one could be prepared for,”
Furtney said.
A call to Suleman’s publicist Mike Furtney was not immediately returned.
In her only media interviews, Suleman told NBC’s “Today” she doesn’t consider the public assistance she receives to be welfare and doesn’t intend to remain on it for long.
Also,
a Nadya Suleman Family Web Site has been set up to collect donations
for the children. It features pictures of the mother and each octuplet
and has instructions for making donations by check or credit card.
Suleman,
whose six older children range in age from 2 to 7, said three of them
receive disability payments. She said one is autistic, but she has not
disclosed the other youngsters’ disabilities, and refused to say how
much they get in payments.
In
California, a low-income family can receive Social Security payments of
up to $793 a month for each disabled child. Three children would amount
to $2,379.
The
Suleman octuplets’ medical costs have not been disclosed, but in 2006,
the average cost for a premature baby’s hospital stay in California was
$164,273, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services. Eight times that equals $1.3 million.
For
a single mother, the cost of raising 14 children through age 17 ranges
from $1.3 million to $2.7 million, according to the U.S. Department of
Agriculture.
Gov.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is struggling to close a $42 billion budget
gap by cutting services, declined through a spokesman to comment on the
taxpayer costs associated with the octuplets’ delivery and care.
Suleman
received disability payments for an on-the-job back injury during a
riot at a state mental hospital, collecting more than $165,000 over
nearly a decade before the benefits were discontinued last year.

Some
of the disability money was spent on in vitro fertilizations, which was
used for all 14 of her children, Suleman said. Suleman said she also
worked double shifts at the mental hospital and saved up for the
treatments. She estimated that all her treatments cost $100,000.
Fourteen
states, including California, require insurance companies to offer or
provide coverage for infertility treatment, according to the National
Conference of State Legislatures. But California has a law specifically
excluding in vitro coverage. It’s not clear what type of coverage
Suleman has.
In
the NBC interview, Suleman said she will go back to California State
University, Fullerton in the fall to complete her master’s degree in
counseling, and will use student loans to support her children. She
said she will rely on the school’s daycare center and volunteers. ©️ 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:46 pm

The actual amount she gets per child with disabilities is $790.00 a month.

And when she was injured at her job she got SSI disability payments. for three years.

If she wasn't working I tend to think maybe she was getting State assistance all along.

This woman knows how to work the system that's for sure. Almost immediately after giving birth to these children she was talking about having her own tv show. I bet she watched too many John and Kate episodes.

John and Kate aren't the only one's with sextuplets, they just happen to be the only one's that are willing to pimp them out.

I really have a problem with Kate being on all these talk shows about this woman. She can't afford to talk, she was on welfare too in the beginning.

California is totally broke, so it's not CA taxpayers that will be paying for these kids, it's the entire US.

I feel for these children, but their mother is a taker and will know no bounds when it comes to begging and talking from others. I wouldn't give her a dime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:01 pm

As far as her having plastic surgery, I would say she most certainly has had some work done.

Her lips for sure, maybe cheek implants and possibly more on her her face. But the lips and cheeks for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:40 pm

The plastic surgeon on Dr. Phil today said he feels she has had her lips, nose, and cheeks done by comparing photos of her from the past and that if she had it done she could have spent up to $30,000 to have it done.

What is sad to me in this also is all the death threats that she and her PR people and others involved in this are getting, what is crazy is these people spewing these threats somehow think they are better than this woman, when they are worse in my opinion. I understand the anger and frustration towards what she has done and the burden she is putting on tax payers and the government with having all the children she has, but death threats are uncalled for.

I really pray somehow something comes together to work for the best interest of these children. I worry they will be taken away from their mother and split up. It's enough what they are going through due to all the controversy surrounding their mother, but the children shouldn't have to be split up into foster care (which is extremely expensive also), and could be harmful and abusive. It doesn't seem she has abused or neglected them in anyway to warrant anyone taking them away from her, just made some really bad decisions that has created more mouths than she can feed and support. As much as I support going to college and getting degrees she needs to be looking more for work than school, and then that leaves the question who is going to care for all these babies while she works, and she couldn't possibly work and afford to pay for all the child care it will take. She is certainly in a huge mess, and I just pray for the children in it all.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Octomom makes me wanna puke. ddddddddddddf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 pm

They just said the stupidest thing ever on ET. She said "It is now reported that Nayda may have realized before giving birth that she would not be able to pay the 1.3 million dollar hospital bill after giving birth to the octupulets."

WELL REALLY!! NO SH*T, SHERLOCK! She had no job, no income, nothing, ya think it didn't dawn on her she wouldn't be able to pay the bill for having these babies?? DUH!!
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 pm

And not only a hospital bill....but a real doozie whopper of a bill!

I know they showed a photo of everyone who'd been in the delivery room and it was something like 42 people or somewhere around there if memory serves me correctly.

Seriously....there is something very very very wrong with this woman!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:29 am

joechgo1 wrote:
And not only a hospital bill....but a real doozie whopper of a bill!

I know they showed a photo of everyone who'd been in the delivery room and it was something like 42 people or somewhere around there if memory serves me correctly.

Seriously....there is something very very very wrong with this woman!!!

The Hospital has already filed with the State for her hospital expenses....I guess they will get an IOU from Arnold like all the taxpayers are getting instead of their refunds.

I don't believe she is getting death threats. I am sure she is getting comments from people that check on her begging website (there is a "click here" for comments) on the site.

Her PR person is the one saying she is getting death threats. It's all part of a PR stunt to drum up sympathy for her.

Wonder how she is paying for the PR firm she has hired? Maybe they will get paid by the State too.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:30 am

Not to defend her cause there is no defense but when she originally had the eggs implanted she would not be forseeing having 8 babies and multi-million dollar hospital bills. She may well have had the money set aside to pay the expected hospital bill.

Its not unusual to implant a bunch of eggs in hopes of having one or two babies since most often the body rejects most of them. It is a rare occurence for all the eggs to implant and in this case two of them turned into sets of twins on their own. Her doctor used a new procedure that he developed where the eggs are actually implanted in the uterine lining and not simply floating and well, obviously it works better then he could have even hoped.

Also, when a huge bill like this is incurred from an event that brings publicity to a hospital, the hospital is likely to wave the exorbatant fees for the patient and write all or much of it off as advertising.

I guess the bottom line here is she didn't set out to have 8 babies - it just happened

but

she should not if course had even one egg implanted - but if she had had one baby or two or even three we would never have even heard of her and she would simply be her parent's nightmare.

~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California Octuplets   California Octuplets - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

California Octuplets
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next