C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Illinois Governer arrested today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Illinois Governer arrested today Empty
PostSubject: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:54 pm

No surprise here, but thought it would all happen when he was done in office, but am glad he got busted today.

I'm sure you've all seen it on the news. This guy is definitely a crook.

Just last Thursday I was at the dentist and he asked me if I thought Pres. Bush would pardon former IL Gov Ryan, who is currently serving time in jail. I said, "It's reported that Bush and Ryan weren't close at all and Bush hasn't pardoned anyone as of yet. However, Ryan is old, his wife is old and she's ill, so I wouldn't mind so much if he gets out, but just leave the jailhouse door open because Blagoyavich (or however you spell it) will be headed there soon," and *poof* he's arrested a mere five days later.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:20 pm

No Man, who can you trust anymore...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 am

joechgo1 wrote:
No surprise here, but thought it would all happen when he was done in office, but am glad he got busted today.

I'm sure you've all seen it on the news. This guy is definitely a crook.

Just last Thursday I was at the dentist and he asked me if I thought Pres. Bush would pardon former IL Gov Ryan, who is currently serving time in jail. I said, "It's reported that Bush and Ryan weren't close at all and Bush hasn't pardoned anyone as of yet. However, Ryan is old, his wife is old and she's ill, so I wouldn't mind so much if he gets out, but just leave the jailhouse door open because Blagoyavich (or however you spell it) will be headed there soon," and *poof* he's arrested a mere five days later.

Boy Joe, you were ahead of us on this one that's for sure. I know Chicago politicians are well known for being corrupt. He is most certainly a product of the "Chicago Machine"

But this guy really takes the cake, like so many before him he said he was going to clean-up the Chicago Political corruption, especially after the previous Governor was found guilty and is currently in prison I guess many believed him.

I believe there is a lot more to all of this. This is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be be a lot more people implicated in this, and they will be people.

Obama said today that he hadn't spoken to the Governer, but two weeks ago in an interview that Obama spoken to the Gov. and discussed who would be a good pick to replace him. I did see that interview myself.

And of course Obama was a huge supporter of the Gov. when he was running for election.

Don't jump all over me, I am just saying what I heard and seen for myself.

I honestly hope Obama isn't involved in any of this, it would be disastrous for the country. For some reason Obama's name came up 44 times in the papers released today.

I have heard that Obama and this Gov. are both friends of Tony Resko (the slumlord that's now in prison) How on earth did Obama end up befriending so many questionable people?

The language this guy uses in these tapes is disgusting.
It was the 'F' word throughout.

At one point in one tape he said "Obama can go 'F**k' himself". Can you imagine the arrogance. I believe it was in response to getting something if the Gov. gave the seat to Rice. She had put her name in for the seat and told the Gov. Obama would back her. She then removed her name when Obama gave her the job with him.

This is what he said about Obama's seat
"It's a F***ing valuable seat, you just don't give it away for nothing"
And this
"I've got this F***ing and it's golden.I'm not giving it away for nothing"
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:44 am

I have a hard time trusting any politician, to be honest.

Now I'm anxious to find out who was bidding for the Senate seat! They should be as guilty as the guy selling it.

I also believe the IL Gov and Obama will be linked because of what happened. Too bad because this whole mess will be a cloud over Obama and he hasn't even taken office yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Quote :
joechgo1 Wrote:
I also believe the IL Gov and Obama will be linked because of what happened. Too bad because this whole mess will be a cloud over Obama and he hasn't even taken office yet.

I agree with you Joe. I don't watch Chris Mathews or the other Bobble Heads on that Network, but yesterday you could have knocked me over with a feather when I was skipping through MSNBC to hear Chris say that there could very well be connections with the Gov. and Obama, and also his transition team. And quite possibly some of those that he has chosen to work for him.

Chris is among those at MSNBC that spoke of Obama as if he was the second coming. Now, here he is turning on a Dime. But, it didn't help that David Axelrod just about a week ago in an interview said that Obama had been in touch with the Gov. in regards to suggestions of who should fill his seat.

On meet the Press on Sunday Obama was asked about Hillary's replacement and he said he didn't have time for that because he was tied-up in Illinois Politics. (Which leads one to believe Axlerod was correct and he was in contact with the Gov.

Then yesterday Obama said he hadn't spoken to the Gov.

And I will remind you once again, don't jump all over me. There is nothing wrong in Obama just making suggestions and giving ideas on who would be a good choice to fill his seat. I have heard that it isn't unusual.

It's when deals are struck and demands are made and met that there is a problem.

The thing is, they have been watching this guy since 2002 or something like that. So this all goes back a few years.
And there are other unsavory people that are associated with both of them that may tie Obama to this guy. Who knows at this point.

It just surprised me when MSNBC started playing connect the dots. I thought to myself, how fast they can turn on someone they could see no wrong in just the day before.

This guy is not going to go away quietly, he is at work today. He has no shame. It's going to be a mess!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Blagojevich Arrest Puts Obama Ties in the Spotlight

Federal corruption charges against the Illinois governor cast an embarrassing glare on the world of Chicago politics he shares with the president-elect.

By Cam Simpson and Jonathan Weisman, The Wall Street Journal

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WASHINGTON -- The federal corruption allegations against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich cast an embarrassing glare on the world of Chicago politics he shares with President-elect Barack Obama, even though the two Democrats aren't close and there is no suggestion Obama did anything inappropriate.

The case will keep the public spotlight on some episodes Obama thought he had put behind him, including his ties to Antoin Rezko, a convicted Chicago real-estate developer who was accused in a Federal Bureau of Investigation affidavit Tuesday of scheming with Blagojevich. Rezko raised campaign funds for both men, and was one of Obama's earliest supporters as he was climbing the political ladder in Illinois.

The matter also highlights ties between the disgraced Democratic governor and some members of Obama's inner circle. His top campaign strategist, David Axelrod -- who will move to the White House for a senior adviser's job -- lists Blagojevich on his firm's Web site as one of his clients, when the politician was a candidate for Congress.

And because Blagojevich stands accused of trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by the president-elect, Obama's name will be forever linked to the case, even though he isn't accused of wrongdoing.

Chicago has been home to some of the country's most notorious corrupt politicians as well as some leading political reformers. Obama throughout his career has tried to portray himself as being firmly in the latter camp, while critics have repeatedly tried to tie him to the "Chicago machine" environment that shaped his early political career.

The critics have rarely succeeded. "Obama, to his credit, got through this system with very little mud on his suit," said David Mendell, a Chicago journalist and the author of an Obama biography.

Obama aides say the president-elect and Blagojevich had no real political relationship beyond a few Obama statements supporting the governor's campaign. They said Obama wasn't involved in the governor's 2002 race -- and that press reports indicating he was are inaccurate.

The Republican National Committee, however, circulated some of Obama's statements to the press on Tuesday, including a 2006 report indicating Obama said he would be happy to work for Blagojevich's 2006 re-election campaign, even though the Illinois governor was under investigation. "If the governor asks me to work on his behalf, I'll be happy to do it," a suburban Chicago newspaper quoted Obama as saying. It was unclear Tuesday, however, how much, if any, work Obama actually did on behalf of the Illinois governor's candidacy.

Obama's incoming chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, succeeded Blagojevich in the U.S. House in 2003. But transition officials said Blagojevich wasn't involved in Emanuel's successful bid to take over that seat.

Axelrod was also close to Blagojevich, although the two men appear to have gone their separate ways in 2002, when Blagojevich ran for governor against the advice of his former political guru, Mendell said.

Patrick Fitzgerald, the chief federal prosecutor in Chicago, said repeatedly Tuesday that there are no allegations Obama knew the seat he relinquished on Nov. 16 was up for sale.

But there are clearly some uncomfortable questions for Obama. Asked Tuesday in Chicago whether he had been in contact with Blagojevich about the job, Obama said, "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But Axelrod said on Chicago television Nov. 23 that the two had spoken. Asked if Obama had expressed a preference, Axelrod said he had not, but also said: "I know he's talked to the governor. And...there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and he's, I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

On Tuesday, Axelrod said: "I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the president-elect has spoken directly to Gov. Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject."
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:46 pm

So....how do you expect someone to be a Senator and NOT have "ties" to the Governor???????hmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:07 pm

abasketclayse wrote:
So....how do you expect someone to be a Senator and NOT have "ties" to the Governor???????hmm

I agree Basket. It's not at all unusual. I even said in another post that I would expect Obama to maybe name a few people that he feels would be good for the State to replace him. Nothing wrong in that.

I am assuming from what is being reported that the quote on the tape where Blagojevich said on "F*** Obama" was because he refused to play ball with him and give him anything.

I believe his exact quote was "F*** Obama if all I am going to get is gratitude"

It has been reported that it's not unusual in these situations for the person leaving a particular position to recommend someone else, or maybe several people for consideration.

I personally don't see anything wrong in that if the person being recommended can stand on their own merit and is qualified. It only becomes a problem if there are deals being made.

If Obama did speak to him and give his opinion on some people the Gov. was considering that's fine. He just needs to tell the truth, that's all.

But apparently Blagojevich from what has been reported does not give anything away for free.

David Axelrod was very clear in that interview (local Chicago station) that Obama had spoken to Blagojevich about several candidates and now he is saying he made a mistake and Obama didn't speak to him after Obama says yesterday that he hasn't spoken to him at all.

He is a top adviser to Obama and is highly regarded and respected by both Democrats and Republicans and is not known for making mistakes, I mean this is a pretty big mistake if it is indeed a mistake.

I just can't see him making such a mistake, to say Obama had spoken to Blagojevich about several candidates and is quite fond of many of them....

To me and many in the media it's obvious that someone from the Obama camp (if not Obama himself) was in contact with Blagojevich because from what has been reported in those released papers Blagojevich made the comment "F*** Obama if all I am going to get is gratitude" Aparently Obama wasn't willing to give him anything in return. That's how I read it anyway.

So what are people to believe? I'm not saying Obama is lying, but if he did speak to him he needs to just say so. But someone is telling lies here.

If Clinton had just told the truth he never would have found himself being impeached. The only thing Clinton did wrong in that situation with the Monica scandal was lie under oath, and lie to the feds. Otherwise he was free and clear.

Same with Martha Stewart, you can lie to the local police all you want, but not the Feds....That's a crime.

Scooter Libby is in Prison because he also lied under oath.
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

Number of posts : 11531
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:30 pm

But Axelrod said on Chicago television Nov. 23 that the two had spoken. Asked if Obama had expressed a preference, Axelrod said he had not, but also said: "I know he's talked to the governor. And...there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and he's, I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

On Tuesday, Axelrod said: "I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the president-elect has spoken directly to Gov. Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject."

That really concerns me. For someone like Axelrod to be contradictory doesn't look good. You just can't seem to trust anyone these days.

I could be wrong, but Obama seems far too bright and in control of his future, and becoming involved in such an outrageous scheme would be political suicide for his career, not to mention his presidency. Who knows? Just my meager 2 cents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

catz-4clay wrote:

That really concerns me. For someone like Axelrod to be contradictory doesn't look good. You just can't seem to trust anyone these days.

I agree, it just doesn't make sense for Axelrod to now claim he made a "mistake"

This man knows his stuff, and from what I have heard about him, he doesn't make mistakes like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Quote :
On meet the Press on Sunday Obama was asked about Hillary's replacement and he said he didn't have time for that because he was tied-up in Illinois Politics. (Which leads one to believe Axlerod was correct and he was in contact with the Gov.

I saw this interview on Meet the Press a few days ago, and could not find the clip (I'll keep looking), but it is not as you are reporting it. (Funny how things can get twisted...)

Obama was asked about Hillary's replacemant, and he laughed and shook his head, and said with a chuckle, (something to the effect that), "I don't have time to keep up with who will be Hillary's replacement in the Senate, I can't even keep up with who's going to replace ME in Illinois!" (which was a pretty good response.)

I remember at the time thinking he was saying that he has a lot of things on his plate right now, and who will replace Hillary, who wins in Georgia, who wins in Minnesota, or who will replace him in the Illinois Senate is not something he has a whole lot of time to ponder over. (What with the bailouts to the banks, auto industry, newspapers, the recession/depression, wars in two countries, Gitmo, picking his cabinat, having meetings with international leaders, Bush....who will replace him in Illinois is petty and pretty minor for him right now.)

Blago is a small time thug who tries to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder, how exactly does this tie back to Obama? Obama may have suggested a few names for the short list, but that's it.

Get on Blago's back, guy's a sleeze, but I can see no reason to think Obama is invloved in any way. One's the Gov and one's the Senator. They know each other, but really, are in two very different spheres.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:19 pm

NBC had reported this earlier today. It's just so sad to see he is in any way involved with this piece of crap.

Quote :
Attorney for Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. says his client is likely 'Senate Candidate 5' in the complaint against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

Jackson himself has admitted to it being him....and did meet with Federal Prosecutors this morning.

Quote :
Blagojevich is accused of a "pay-to-play" scheme to fill the U.S. Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

Quote :
Though the affidavit names Senate Candidate 5 as an individual potentially willing to pay Blagojevich in exchange for Obama's seat, Jackson said he was assured by federal prosecutors Tuesday that he is not a target of the investigation.

Quote :
Jackson's attorney James Montgomery Sr. also emphasized at an earlier press conference Wednesday that Jackson was not guilty of any impropriety.

"Congressman Jackson has never authorized anyone to seek the governor's support in return for money, fundraising, or any other thing of value," he said. "The information contained in that affidavit does not in any way make Jesse Jackson Jr. complicit in any pay-for-play transactions."

The affidavit says an associate of Candidate 5 discussed raising $500,000, and then another $1 million, for Blagojevich in exchange for the Senate seat. But Montgomery suggested Jackson could have been set up, and said he wasn't aware of any associates making such a proposal.

"I wouldn't put it past someone to be purporting to represent Jesse without authority," Montgomery said. He said Jackson is still interested in filling Obama's open Senate seat.

ABC News on Wednesday earlier quoted federal law enforcement sources saying the son of the civil rights leader is the candidate identified by the FBI as willing to spend up to $1 million to secure the Senate seat.

Senate Candidate 5 is listed in the FBI complaint, which includes a compendium of wiretapped conversations involving Blagojevich and his allies, as being named by the governor as an option for Obama's Senate seat because he would pay or raise money to Blagojevich's re-election campaign.

According to the affidavit, in a Dec. 4 recording of Blagojevich with an unnamed adviser and unnamed fundraiser, the governor says he may be able to cut a deal with Senate Candidate 5 that provides Blagojevich with something "tangible up front."

If Blagojevich ran for re-election, Senate Candidate 5 would "raise money" for the campaign, the affidavit alleges.

"Blagojevich said he might 'get some (money) up front, maybe' from Senate Candidate 5 to insure Senate Candidate 5 kept his promise about raising money for Rod Blagojevich.

(In a recorded conversation on October 31, 2008, Rod Blagojevich described an earlier approach by an associate of Senate Candidate Five as follows: 'We were approached "pay to play." That, you know, he'd raise me 500 grand. An emissary came. Then the other guy would raise a million, if I made him (Senate Candidate 5) a senator.'," the affidavit reads.

"Blagojevich allegedly told Fundraiser A to tell Individual D that if Senate Candidate 5 is going to be chosen, 'some of this stuff's gotta start happening now ... right now ... and we gotta see it,'" the complaint continues.

In the affidavit, Blagojevich also allegedly says that unless Obama helps his wife get a seat on a corporate or nonprofit board, he will appoint Senate Candidate 5, rather than Senate Candidate 1, who has been reported to be Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. Jarrett is joining the White House staff.

Blagojevich is also quoted allegedly saying on Nov. 11 that he will appoint Senate Candidate 1. "But if they feel like they can do this and not f---ing give me anything . . . then I'll f---ing go" with Senate Candidate 5.

Jackson, 43, joined the House in 1995, succeeding Rep. Mel Reynolds, who resigned after his conviction on charges of sexual assault, obstruction of justice and solicitation of child pornography involved a 16-year-old girl who worked on his campaign.

Jackson said Tuesday that he met with Blagojevich on Monday "for the first time in years."

"If these allegations are proved true, I am outraged by the appalling, pay-to-play schemes hatched at the highest levels of our state government. Sadly, today's criminal complaint casts another dark, wide cloud over our state. The people of Illinois deserve better," Jackson said in a statement.

The office of U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, who is
prosecuting the case, would not say whether Jackson is Senate Candidate 5. The FBI referred all comments to Fitzgerald's office.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/10/report-jesse-jackson-jr-allegedly-named-blagojevich-willing-pay-senate-seat/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

spongie wrote:

Blago is a small time thug who tries to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder, how exactly does this tie back to Obama? Obama may have suggested a few names for the short list, but that's it.

Get on Blago's back, guy's a sleeze, but I can see no reason to think Obama is invloved in any way. One's the Gov and one's the Senator. They know each other, but really, are in two very different spheres.

Sponge are you serious? You admit that "Obama May have suggested a few names"

So are you saying that Obama lied yesterday when he said he hadn't spoken to him?

Of course people should wonder and be sure that Obama wasn't involved in any of this.

I can't believe you said this, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever,
Quote :
One's the Gov and one's the Senator. They know each other, but really, are in two very different spheres

What on earth does that have to do with anything? Jessie Jackson, jr is a Congressman, is that not different than being a Governor?

Maybe people will begin to wonder if they should have paid more attention to Obama's connection to the Slumlord and other's that Hillary tried to tell us about.

Obama didn't rise in the ranks by not associating with as many politicians as possible to advance his career.

This Gov. is also connected to the same unsavory people in Chicago as Obama is.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:01 pm

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Janey wrote:
spongie wrote:

Sponge are you serious? You admit that "Obama May have suggested a few names"

So are you saying that Obama lied yesterday when he said he hadn't spoken to him?

I said Obama may have mentioned some names for a short list, I never said he mentioned it to the Govenor. (jump...jump...jump --> conclusion)

How can I "admit" anything? I don't know anything. There are a whole lot of people that know nothing, that are speculating on this....

Quote :
Jessie Jackson, jr is a Congressman, is that not different than being a Governor

Jackson is involved because there is conjecture that he might be the "5th Senate Candidate", the guy who on tape, Blago says would give him half a million immediately, and another million when the Gov ran again. The guy who would "buy" the Senate seat from Blago.

So that is the connection, not that they are both in politics in Illinois, but that that they might both be in this mess together.

(By the way, I don't know if Jackson has anything to do with this at.all. and if he is being dragged into this to discredit him, that is bulls*it. I do think that Blago is a big enough sleezebag that he'll rat out whoever the "5th Senate Candidate" is. Until then, I'm not pointing my finger at anyone...except Blagojevich.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Sorry, I couldn't get the link to work when I posted it...This couple is really something else.

Illinois First Lady Prominent in FBI Complaint Against Governor

Illinois First Lady Patricia Blagojevich is mentioned a number of times in the FBI complaint accusing her husband and his chief of staff of corruption.

Illinois first lady Patricia Blagojevich's official Web site says she's "committed to spreading the governor's message."

That's putting it mildly, according to the 76-page FBI complaint released Tuesday accusing her husband, Gov. Rod Blagojevich, and his chief of staff of corruption.

The first lady was not arrested Tuesday, but federal prosecutors nevertheless allege that she was engaged in the governor's attempts to sell Barack Obama's U.S. Senate seat to the highest bidder and to intimidate The Chicago Tribune. The court document mentions the first lady, though not by name, 19 times in six graphic sections.

Much of the information authorities collected came from bugs in the governor's campaign office and his home phone, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said at a press conference Tuesday. The prosecutor said Mrs. Blagojevich was referenced in the complaint, but he would not describe her involvement further.

"I'm not going to comment on anyone not charged," Fitzgerald said.

According to the complaint, in one profanity-laced account, Patricia Blagojevich was allegedly heard in the background of a call between her husband and someone identified as "Deputy Governor A" advising the governor on how to handle The Chicago Tribune, which had published an editorial critical of the governor.

"F--- them," Patricia Blagojevich is quoted as saying, according to the document. In an apparent reference to the Tribune Company's attempts to sell Wrigley Field and the Chicago Cubs, she urges the two engaged in the phone call to "hold up that f---ing Cubs s---."

The complaint also says Mrs. Blagojevich then got on the phone and said the Tribune owner could "just fire" the editorial's writers. Gov. Blagojevich then got back on the phone and adopted that same position, the affidavit claims.

The complaint alleges that the governor and his chief of staff, John Harris, threatened to withhold financial assistance to the Tribune Company, which declared bankruptcy Monday, in connection with the sale of the Cubs and the storied ballpark in which they play.

Blagojevich is responsible for appointing Obama's successor to fill out the remaining two years on the president-elect's Senate term. The document claims that the governor conspired to trade Obama's Senate seat in exchange for his wife's placement on paid corporate boards or some other compensation.

The FBI complaint repeatedly mentions Blagojevich's attempts to win a plum assignment for his wife. On one Nov. 8, 2008, phone call, he discussed the possibility of getting his wife a high-paying job at a Washington or New York firm, or with a union.

On a Nov. 10 call, both Rod and Patricia Blagojevich -- in a two-hour phone call with Harris and other advisers -- allegedly discussed what they could obtain in exchange for appointing certain candidates to Obama's seat. The first lady allegedly suggested that she is qualified to sit on corporate boards. The governor discussed on a phone call later in the day whether Obama could get his wife a job on a corporate board immediately, according to the document.

Patricia Blagojevich has a personal history of friction with The Chicago Tribune. The newspaper has published a series of critical articles on her real estate dealings with politically connected clients.

In an Oct. 19 article, the Tribune reported that since Rod Blagojevich began raising money in 2000 for his first run for governor, the first lady's home-based River Realty, Inc. earned more than $700,000 in commissions -- and that "more than three-quarters came from clients with connections."

One such deal, reported on last year, involved the $650,000 sale of a condo from a businessman who later won $10 million in no-bid state contracts.

The Tribune reported that the first lady earned a likely commission of between $26,000 and $39,000 in the sale.

The newspaper also reported that Mrs. Blagojevich also had a long business relationship with Antonin "Tony" Rezko, the Chicago developer and former Obama fundraiser who was convicted on fraud charges earlier this year. The Blagojeviches reportedly refuse to disclose how much the real estate company made off Rezko.

The governor and his supporters have called the reports "Neanderthal" and "sexist."

Asked if anyone else would be charged in connection with this case, FBI spokesman Frank Bochte told FOX News, "This investigation certainly is not over. It's ongoing."

Patricia Blagojevich is a licensed real estate broker and appraiser, and has an economics degree from the University of Illinois. As Illinois' first lady, she championed early childhood literacy as well as health care programs to children.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:39 am

Why wasn't Obama upfront about Emanuel speaking to Blagojevich about his list of names he gave the Governor? For goodness sake this all began before Obama even won the election.

I just don't get this at all. There was nothing wrong in it, in the Senator making a suggestion of names to fill his seat. There have been countless current and former Governors (Democrat's and Republicans) that have said that it would have been more unusual if he hadn't. Why did Obama act as if all this was news to him? They knew the Feds had Emanuel on tape, why tell us he is confident that his team is not involved in any of this?

Unless Blagojevich asked them for something in return and they didn't report it the crime. It doesn't matter that they turned him down as far as giving him some kind of deal if they knew about what he was doing and didn't report it. All Obama did was allow this scandal to overshadow what he is doing right now. The press knew right away when Emanuel was all of a sudden no where to be found in last few day's.....

Rahm Emanuel talked with governor's office about who should fill Obama's Senate seat.

Chief of staff for Obama had list of names

By Bob Secter
December 13, 2008

One source confirmed that communications between Emanuel and the Blagojevich administration were captured on court-approved wiretaps.

Another source said that contact between the Obama camp and the governor's administration regarding the Senate seat began the Saturday before the Nov. 4 election, when Emanuel made a call to the cell phone of Harris. The conversation took place around the same time press reports surfaced about Emanuel being approached about taking the high-level White House post should Obama win.

Emanuel delivered a list of candidates who would be "acceptable" to Obama, the source said. On the list were Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, Illinois Veterans Affairs director Tammy Duckworth, state Comptroller Dan Hynes and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Chicago, the source said. All are Democrats.

Sometime after the election, Emanuel called Harris back to add the name of Democratic Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan to the approved list, the source said.

a government affidavit filed with the charges claimed that Blagojevich had kicked around the idea of using his Senate selection to leverage an appointment to an ambassadorship or Cabinet post in the Obama administration.

The government affidavit said Blagojevich and others were recorded talking about an unnamed "president-elect adviser" concerned about the election for Emanuel's congressional seat who might help the governor land a new job at a non-profit organization.

Below is the link to complete story....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-rahm-obama13dec13,0,3359611.story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Did you guy's catch his news conference a little while ago?
It was fast, a real in and out. He insisted he was not guilty and that he would fight this until his dying breath.....Thanked those that have been supporting him (not by name) and said he was lonely right now.

And that was pretty much it. I have a feeling he may have a few tapes of his own from meetings that weren't conducted in his home or office. There has to be something to make him feel so confident, unless he is a complete nut.

What is the purpose of trying to impeach him? I mean Clinton was impeached and he remained in the White House.

So why bother?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Governer arrested today   Illinois Governer arrested today Empty

Back to top Go down

Illinois Governer arrested today
Page 1 of 1