C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 So, where is it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
~
Well first of all I wasn't even here when that problem happened

and second you said yourself the ' members ' said they wished the comparisons would stop - if members want something to stop then they just stop it themselves or avoid it. If I want something to stop I get to take out the big guns and stop it. Don't you just hate that !

We have rehashed the locked thread a thousand times. Threads are locked when someone is unsure of the validity of it or the damage that may ensue. That happened. The thread was unlocked. No new rules came from it. We are a free speech board but we are not a free for all hate speech board.

Again personally for me as a member . . .

I have no problem with legitimate comparisons. I have a problem with trying to keep score and level the playing field. Its the OH YEAH well what about YOUR guy. It's the us against them - your guy against mine stuff. If you can't see that cincy I don't know how better to explain it than that. So I guess we'll keep running around this hamster wheel.


~



Not really. I am not going to compare the two, except to counter comments about Clay that I disagree with. And I will do that based on positive input about Clay without derogatory comments about Adam. However, if Adam makes a
media statement or has a performance like his AMA performance (or for that matter, if any entertainer does or says something I think worthy of discussion), I may start a thread about it.(say for example, Adam reprises his performance of Ring of Fire or he makes another mis-speak such as his most recent one concerning Susan Boyle). And if people try to brush it off as “he’s just a bad boy” or he is held to some different standard or compared to Clay, I will likely respond. Even when Adam was in the midst of criticism about his AMA performance, rather than keep that discussion focused on Adam, there were so many incidents of people saying things to justify Adam by making comparisons to Clay (like “ at least Adam is honest” and “not pretending to like women like Clay did just to get us to spend all our time and money on him”). Bring that kind of red herring commentary into it, and I will likely call it what for what it is. But nope, no hamster wheel comparison discussions for me.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

avatar

Number of posts : 18485
Age : 69
Localisation : Hometown, IL
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Now, I know I'm old, but I cannot remember anyone saying here that Adam is honest and not like Clay pretending to like girls. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected, but I honestly do not recall that ever being said on Morgan's boards.

Haven't we gotten all this out of our systems yet? Isn't it like beating a dead horse? It is to me. Unless, of course, folks want to keep the "argument" going. It seems like a useless waste of energy.

We got it, Joan; you don't like Adam and you love Clay.

uns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 pm

joechgo1 wrote:
Now, I know I'm old, but I cannot remember anyone saying here that Adam is honest and not like Clay pretending to like girls. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected, but I honestly do not recall that ever being said on Morgan's boards.

Haven't we gotten all this out of our systems yet? Isn't it like beating a dead horse? It is to me. Unless, of course, folks want to keep the "argument" going. It seems like a useless waste of energy.

We got it, Joan; you don't like Adam and you love Clay.

uns



You might be correct, Joe. I don’t have time to track down posts, so let's just say I was talking about the general attitude when it comes to Clay held to a higher standard. But you absolutely could be right....maybe I heard/read it at some other Clay board where they don’t love Clay as much as we do here or where they brutally criticize and tear apart every word he says, every career move he makes, etc. So, yeah....that seldom happens here so I most likely read it on another fan board or maybe one of the Adam Lambert fan boards???? Although I haven’t spent a lot of time there lately.

I did go to those boards when he was on American Idol though. So, I wouldn’t say that I “don’t like Adam”....I’ve just moved away from him since American Idol.

But I shouldn't have quoted something without a source. Forgive me? ht
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 pm

I'd think you'd want Clay to be held to a higher standard

but well, thats just me I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clickchicks.niceboard.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
I'd think you'd want Clay to be held to a higher standard

but well, thats just me I guess.



Yep, that's just you.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

avatar

Number of posts : 18485
Age : 69
Localisation : Hometown, IL
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Joan, there's nothing to forgive. I simply think you're pulling at straws at this stage just to prove your point about not liking Adam. Honestly, I'm wondering now if you came back to Morgan's boards just to be combative. As I said the other day, all this crap is bordering on ridiculous at this point.

Also, I'd like to state that happy joy, who posted she wanted to vent about Adam, hasn't even entered this thread. She's an infrequent poster anyhow, but when she posts, it seems she wants to insult people and leave. I find that highly distasteful and unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegiftsthesame



Number of posts : 1544
Age : 51
Localisation : NE Arkansas
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:39 pm

I thought a "venting" thread was a place where a person could go, if she/he felt an strong need to say something..that might be considered negative, about someone, like Clay, or Adam, or Kate Gosselin or President O'bama or me for that matter...

and be comfortable that she/he was not going to be jumped on, or critized or belittled or called stupid, bigoted and/or judgemental...

it's called a vent thread so that if you simply cannot bear to read anything anyone has to say, that is anything but sunshine and puppies, then you already know...it's probably not a good place to read...

and, if this thread is not locked, in the future...
AND if Adam does or says something that I don't understand, offends me, or YES even I don't approve of,
I think I will come here and say so....
AND assume I won't get jumped..

maybe, happy joy feels the same as me,
and she just doesn't have anything to "vent" about yet..

I absolutely could be very very wrong....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joechgo1

avatar

Number of posts : 18485
Age : 69
Localisation : Hometown, IL
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Once again I stand corrected.

And with that, I'm outta here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 pm

DipsyArkie wrote:
I thought a "venting" thread was a place where a person could go, if she/he felt an strong need to say something..that might be considered negative, about someone, like Clay, or Adam, or Kate Gosselin or President O'bama or me for that matter...

and be comfortable that she/he was not going to be jumped on, or critized or belittled or called stupid, bigoted and/or judgemental...

it's called a vent thread so that if you simply cannot bear to read anything anyone has to say, that is anything but sunshine and puppies, then you already know...it's probably not a good place to read...

and, if this thread is not locked, in the future...
AND if Adam does or says something that I don't understand, offends me, or YES even I don't approve of,
I think I will come here and say so....
AND assume I won't get jumped..

maybe, happy joy feels the same as me,
and she just doesn't have anything to "vent" about yet..

I absolutely could be very very wrong....


Or maybe she just has more sense than I do!

No, Joe....I didn't come back to be "combative". Nor did I come for the sunshine and puppies. It's a differing part of my personality from yours, but for the most part, the only threads that interest me ARE the ones that involve differing sides of issues/subjects. Note, I said for the most part.

I like to argue......I admit it.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

avatar

Number of posts : 18485
Age : 69
Localisation : Hometown, IL
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Still love ya, Joan, but, yeah...you do like to argue! LOL

this is my *last* kitchen visit ever.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm

joechgo1 wrote:
Still love ya, Joan, but, yeah...you do like to argue! LOL

this is my *last* kitchen visit ever.....

Too many years of biting my tongue. LOL!

Still love ya, too, Joe ht
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Dips - that sounds like a fair description of a venting thread.

But just to be clear this is just a thread of people talking to each other - if someone wants to vent about something in particular about Adam they should start a thread about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clickchicks.niceboard.com
abasketcase
Admin


Number of posts : 6723
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 pm

So yeah, well...there you go.

Let's see if I can get my head around all this. I've posted on several sections of this boards about Adam, but I found that it seemed disingenuous to post about Adam on his fan thread, so I stayed off them. When Cincy posted on the Adam comments about Susan Boyle, I was curious to see if Adam was held to the same standard of conduct that Clay was, and the thread was locked. Then several days later it was unlocked...no, I take that back, a new thread, that was NOT about the comment, was opened about the Adam/Boyles thread being locked.

As I was reading the comments, I realized that I could not speak my mind about Adam on the main thread either. It then occurred to me that a venting thread in the Kitchen might just do the trick. I posted, then got on with my real life. I haven't been able to come back to the board until tonight, to find that there has been a very interesting discussion going on in my absence...about me.

The most interesting aspect is that the venting thread that I suggested, you know the safe place that I could post without fear that I would be mocked, shut down and called over sensitive, etc? ...in the closest thing to that venting thread, I have been mocked, talked about, and finally accused of doing hit and run assaults.

Dipsy is correct, I do plan of establishing an Adam venting thread...when and if I find it necessary. Who knows, maybe Adam won't be grabbing women's crotches on stage, or tossing insults at other performers, in which case I wish him well and you will see no venting from me. My point to the post on the main board is that I am just so frustrated by having my (I think) very real frustrations about the way Adam news is handled on this board.

I do not intend to get into all the he said she said's, because it's not about that. My frustrations is the feeling that I am not allowed to say what I feel about Adam without reprimand, or argument, or belittlement.

Sometimes I just want to post it, and let it sit there. I don't want to defend it. I don't want to argue it. I just want to say, "Adam talked smack about Susan Boyles, What's up with that?" Without it getting all out of control...(see past week of posts).

Ergo, the venting thread. I can say, "Adam talked smack about Susan Boyles, What's up with that?" and not have people accuse me of starting something, comparing Adam to Clay, locking the thread, coming back on the thread and saying that the quote is a lie, but then, okay, maybe Adam did say the quote, but he was misquoted, or Clay is held to another criteria, Adam's a bad Boy, Clay's a good boy, so Clay's a bigger hypocrite...etc etc...seech!

So I guess now I am am accused of only coming on board to insult people and leave, which is highly distasteful and unnecessary.

Yeah, I'm putting out fires in the real world, so don't have time to park myself on the Kitchen thread (mainly because I don't have anything to say), and for days there is this rich commentary to which I am not privy as to what a shit I am.

So much for the safe haven in which to vent my frustrations about Adam and his antics.

I told Morgan a few months ago that I didn't feel welcome here, and she assured me I was wrong. You guys are sure going out of your way to prove her wrong.

I don't know what my plans are for this board. I have made a few friends here, and if I've stepped on a few toes, I apologize. I also appreciate Dipsy and Cincy having my back when a thread was opened up (it appears to me) expressly to taunt me.

I will step back and see what I feel my options are here. I am just.....a little rattled...at what has taken place here over the past few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Rowan
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 pm

I dont believe this thread was opened to talk about you happy - if I did I would close it.

But since it is in the kitchen there is more leeway for people to vent. They think what they think - I can't change that. I didn't see anyone jumping in to gang up on you.

I wanted to just correct this

Quote :
Then several days later it was unlocked...no, I take that back, a new thread, that was NOT about the comment, was opened about the Adam/Boyles thread being locked.


The thread was reopened when I returned and moved to the AI section.

All of this happened because you had a different person moderating the board who was unsure what to do . I just don't see it as a big deal. It was one thread out of thousands and it was locked because it looked like an argument brewing not because of who the argument was about.

As for Adam - you want to vent about him - start a thread and have at it. But don't expect it to just as you say ' sit there ' - thats just not going to happen. People will have thier opinions.

I also don't get the holding Adam up to Clay's standards. Clay sets his own standards as does Adam. How can you hold them up to the same standards ?

For instance I've been married 4 times. I'm not ashamed of it. It's just the way it is. Is it a scandal in my life ? No. I don't go around preaching about religion and the sanctity of marriage so no one much cares. Would if be a scandal in say Sarah Palin's life ? I'd say yes because she has set her standards vocally different than mine. I would not expect us both to be held to the same standards. There is a distinct difference in our lifestyles.

Anyway, if you want to vent about Adam. Go ahead and start a thread. I honestly don't think anyone is ultra sensitive about him. In my opinion they rush to his defense because of the vitriol of the attack. Its rare anyone says simply geesh, I hate it when he does that. They say more to the effect of he's disgusting, makes me want to puke etc and well no one wants to hear that about someone they like. That will get a reaction every time. I hope you can see the difference.

I am sorry if you got hurt in this thread but well the kitchen can get real uncomfortable sometimes.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clickchicks.niceboard.com
joechgo1

avatar

Number of posts : 18485
Age : 69
Localisation : Hometown, IL
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Okay....this is definitely my final kitchen visit.

I just want to apologize to happy joy for making her feel uncomfortable. Sincerely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abasketcase
Admin


Number of posts : 6723
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Joe, I accept your apology...sincerely. I have never had a fight with you, I've even told you in past threads that I respect and support you. You seem like a very cool guy. Which is why ... well, I'll drop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So, where is it?   

Back to top Go down
 
So, where is it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
C *A *P *C *H :: KITCHEN / politics, hot subjects-
Jump to: