C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video Empty
PostSubject: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:49 pm

I saw something briefly in the newspaper headlines about this this morning, but gosh this is ridiculous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3Z_Kskl_U&eurl=http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Too bad that didnt happen about 8 years ago cause I learned a new respect for him in that video.

He couldn't know what was being thrown at him like that or if it would explode any second and he was damn brave !

So much hatred in the world . . . Sad
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:40 pm

It was very disrespectful to the Prime Minister to do such a thing to any world leader. That is what people need to remember.

On the flip side, if this had happened under Saddam, that guy would have been put to death immediately. Either by shooting him, or Saddams favorite, feet first into a wood chipper alive.

Of course, I doubt that anyone would have had the nerve to do such a thing under Saddam, there was no such thing as freedom of expression, freedom of speech or any freedom at all.

If it had happened, it never would have made it to our tv's, Saddam ran the State run station there was no freedom of the press. All the Iraqi people got to see on their television most of the time was HIM or hateful propaganda shows telling the people of Iraq why they should hate the rest of the world.

There never would have been an arrest and due process for that guy, and people would never have been allowed to protest his arrest at all.

So, many may not like the war, many may hate Bush, but it's hard to deny that the people of Iraq now have a voice and a chance of freedom that they never would have had under Saddam.

Even if Saddam died, the same barbaric atrocities would have continued. His sons were even more evil than he was.

Good for the guy throwing his shoes if that is what he wanted to do, but the country needs to enforce their laws on such matters so that other world leaders will know they will be respected and feel safe with the press should they visit Iraq.

It's a simple lesson. He broke the law, he will have due process, he wont be put to death, at the most he will spend two years in prison.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Very interesting perspective Jane. Thanks for making us think.
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
Very interesting perspective Jane. Thanks for making us think.

Thank you so much Morgan, I appreciate you saying that. I was almost going to delete it because I was hoping I didn't come off as if I supported the war.

No one wants war. But, even if there are people in Iraq that hate Bush, it doesn't matter. What matters is the end result.

Giving these people an opportunity to have a life free of fear is wonderful.

If we can have the freedom to express our dislike for someone or something, why can't they? But, like other countries that have freedom's such as ours, there are laws too.

People living in a free society know they can't just throw things at someone they disagree with, and especially a world leader.

It was very embarrassing on the Prime Minister. They are trying to build a Democracy and show that world leaders will be respected, and that the people of Iraq will be able to know what is going on, who is visiting, what is being said.

Bush did the correct thing by playing it down, it's the price of freedom, as he said, "So What, someone threw their shoes at me"
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 7:13 pm

I was also impressed by how Bush handled it - kind of with humor and in stride....and dang, his reflexes are GOOD!!!!! Perfect duck timing!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 7:28 pm

abasketclayse wrote:
I was also impressed by how Bush handled it - kind of with humor and in stride....and dang, his reflexes are GOOD!!!!! Perfect duck timing!!!!

I know Basket, that was really something else the way he ducked so fast. It goes to show you how observant he is. He even held off his secret service, he held up his hand indicating for them to stay where they were.

I haven't seen anyone here comment on how Bush is going out of his way to assist Obama in the transition. Bush was asked today why he is doing so much, especially things that are not required of him.

He said it was the right thing to do and he thought to himself that of it were him coming in to the White House right now he would appreciate it.

I honestly believe history will tell us a lot of good President Bush has done that we don't recognize or know anything about.

I find it interesting that the work and aid he has done in Africa has gone unspoken or recognized. It was actually a Democrat that brought it up on a news show I was watching earlier in the week.

He has saved so many lives, especially children in Africa by sending money to Africa, and making Aids medication, Cholera Medication, even nets available to them.

I hope some day he will be thanked for the good things he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video   How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video Empty

Back to top Go down

How Horrible Is This??? George Bush vs. Shoe Video
Page 1 of 1