C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby

Go down 
+2
abasketcase
Morgan Rowan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 pm

No wonder Clay ran away from Hollywood!

I hate seeing all this ugly stuff pulled up from this man's past. It all looks like garbage and money suckers to me and I fear at this age he could have a heart attack over all of it. The new tv show being developed for him has been cancelled...how unfair. But I will say after the failure of Robin Williams and Michael J Fox, its probably just as well he is saved from that experience. I know myself, I dont find him funny anymore...there can only be one Betty White.

Bill Cosby long ago paid someone off to not press charges against him, or so Ive read so now as he tries to return to the spotlight, woman are claiming all kinds of stupid things.

One supermodel claims she had a drink with him and woke up naked so she is sure she was raped and violated. A reporter with a good memory said...hey, thats not what you said in an interview with me at the time and its also not what your autobiography book says either!

Another claims she was drugged and raped....on two different occassions.....Oh come on now! If the first one was a horrible violation then how did you involve yourself in the second one?

And this was the sixties for petes sake and women would be giving it away to someone famous even today. The sixties was all about drugs and free love....but today it sounds more lucrative to say drugged and raped. Im not buying any of it. How sad for this man.

Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
abasketcase
Admin

Number of posts : 6723
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:42 pm

I loved his show which made me respect him. I sort of don't want to listen to these accusations. I do not want to say that anyone would lie about being raped. However, at this point years later, how can they prove anything?

It's awful no matter what the truth is.
Back to top Go down
abasketcase
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:50 pm

I sort of don't understand why they are taking the reruns of the Cosby Show off the air. Fully understand any new ventures. But that show is decades old, has been a family show in content for decades - not sure what it shows to take it off the air.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:00 pm

I dont understand that at all. Many, many stars have craziness and unlawfulness in their past. Who cares? Its their private life. And Bill Cosby has never even been charged with anything. What a stupid decision. Should we not watch Ironman? or Mel Gibson movies? On and on....
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:03 pm

A lot of the allegations took place when Cosby was doing this show. Also, I've heard rumors about him doing these kinds of things for many years. I think it's good that they took the show off the air on TV Land. I personally couldn't watch anything with him with all this stuff hanging over his head, but I freely admit that I have NEVER liked Bill Cosby.
Back to top Go down
GammmaC

GammmaC

Number of posts : 4148
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 6:52 am

Yes, another idol has fallen. I hate that, especially when he has tried so hard in these later years, to "wise  up", the young black males, to act , talk and dress properly,  for success in their future, instead of acting and dressing "Gang style". Don't picture them listening to him any more, if they ever did.
Back to top Go down
abasketcase
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 am

I wonder what his old cast members think about this all...or if this kind of thing was going on back then. Sad
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 pm

I still cant believe that women are saying back in the sixties he gave me drugs and we had sex. That was the definition of a date in the sixties! And these had to be the only women on the planet that didnt want to have sex with a famous guy in the sixties. Its like saying.... Paul McCartney forced himself on me.....find a woman out there, short of a nun, thats saying no to that. These people just hear money coming. So sad.

?..
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 7:52 pm

There are too many women coming forward. They all were raped. I feel sorry for them, and I believe them.
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

Number of posts : 11531
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 8:00 pm

I do too! I never cared for Bill either. And being a victim of sexual abuse, I believe those women. Even Janice Dickerson for whom I've considered obnoxious in times past - seems credible to me.

If he is innocent why doesn't he deny it or declare his innocence?
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Just read another article about another woman coming forward; Michelle Hurd who was on Law & Order SVU the first couple seasons.

I have a soft spot for Janice D. I loved the show she had on several years ago about her beginning a modeling agency. She picked some really cute guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abasketcase
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 8:43 pm

It's weird for sure. Pretty hard to deny ALL of these. No
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 pm

joechgo1 wrote:
Just read another article about another woman coming forward; Michelle Hurd who was on Law & Order SVU the first couple seasons.

I have a soft spot for Janice D.  I loved the show she had on several years ago about her beginning a modeling agency.  She picked some really cute guys!  Very Happy

I remember that and watched it as well. It was one of the times I found her more tolerable. Hence my previous comment "obnoxious in times past." Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:07 pm

I think sometimes that time changes reality. Bill Cosby was a big star and we are talking about a time when sex was considered simple pleasure. Birth control pills were handed out like candy and AIDS hadbt surfaced yet to scare people. Why would this famous man have to force anyone. But I do agree that the more the numbers grow, the worse and more probable it looks. I guess he wasnt happy without the control factor... His poor wife must be crushed.
Ive also been a victim of sexual abuse and my heart goes out to anyone in this situation but in fairness some of these stories dont add up...and why now after so many years? Its not like hes thirty and much of a threat to anyone. What an odd situation. Its fair to say his career is over. I hope he is financially prepared. I doubt anyone including Bill will tell the whole truth.

Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Frank Scotti, a 90-year-old ex-NBC employee, is the latest to go public with stories of Bill Cosby’s past.

Scotti, who worked as a facilities manager for the Brooklyn NBC Studio where “Cosby Show” was filmed, told the New York Daily News that he arranged for monthly payments and more for eight women during “The Cosby Show’s” run from 1984-1992. He claimed some women would receive as much as $2,000 at a time.

“He had everybody fooled,” Scotti said to the Daily News. “Nobody suspected.”

Scotti provided copies of money orders to four women to the Daily News and said Cosby asked him to put his own name on them.

“He was covering himself by having my name on it,” he said. “It was a coverup. I realized it later.”

One woman, Shawn Thompson, reportedly received more than $100,000 after their alleged affair started in 1974. Thompson’s daughter, Autumn Jackson, has claimed Cosby is her father, which Cosby has denied.

One woman whose name is on the receipts reached out to the Daily News and said the payments funded her son’s private school tuition. Scotti is confident that he was sexually involved with the women receiving payments, and came forward now because he “felt sorry for the women.”

“Why else would he be sending money?” Scotti asked. “He was sending these women $2,000 a month. What else could I think?”

The story also includes a quote from Cosby’s attorney Martin Singer denying Scotti’s allegations.

“What evidence does he have of Mr. Cosby’s involvement?” Singer said. “How would Scotti know if a woman was a model or a secretary? It appears that his story is pure speculation so that he can get his 15 minutes of fame.”

NBC declined comment on the story.

Cosby now has claims against him from at least 15 women with varying charges of sexual assault. Since the allegations resurfaced, NBC has pulled a project with him, Netflix postponed a stand-up special it was going to stream and TV Land has stopped airing re-runs of “The Cosby Show.”
Back to top Go down
abasketcase
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 pm

No why did these things stay hidden for so long??
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 am

I didn't want to believe it before but I think it's hard to deny now. I, too, would like to know what all of this is just now coming out!It's a shame he got away with this all these years.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:31 pm

It took me forever to find this thread. Why was it moved over here????? I don't get it! We're all adults here. This topic isn't offensive or crude in any way, so I simply don't understand why it was removed from the main board and stuck over here (where no one goes).

I just want to repeat that I've heard rumors about Cosby's creepy ways for many years. Every woman who has come forward says the exact same thing.....no one would have believed them when Cosby was doing his family show. The women who went to lawyers all said the lawyers laughed them out of their offices because they said no one would believe them. The thing that really repulses me is that Cosby drugged all these women, so they had NO CHOICE in what happened to them. He even joked about using "Spanish Fly" way back on his comedy albums long before all these events occurred.

Anyhow, here's yet another accusation....and by a very famous person.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/supermodel-beverly-johnson-writes-detailed-account-of-alleged-bill-cosby-attack-193745232.html
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm

I don't question the credubility of any of them i think he's a disgusting pig. And to drug them shows what a coward he was. I can't stand to look at his smug face. ddddddddddddf
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm

The subject invites debate and controversy. After being told that debate brings the board down when all the members were looking for was a lighthearted break in their day, I chose to move all current affairs and 'dark ' subject matter to the kitchen. Im only responding to what is posted. I personally see no reason why we cant discuss things even when we might not agree but others do. I find all the hearts and flowers rarely get discussion moving but I was voted down so hearts and flowers it will be on the main board.

For that reason, I will no longer be posting thread topics. I will let others decide what they want to talk about. I will only post news you cant get anywhere else like my emails from Faye and info on Little John.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:56 pm

As for Cosby, it all seemed a bit like sharks in the water in the beginning and although I believed there was drugs and sex, I wasnt convinced it wasnt mutual. Im convinced now. I am left wondering why all these victims didnt speak up sooner. Seems like it was more of a parlor story of sex with a famous person until he got old and not so powerful and now its drugged and raped. Either way, it shouldnt happen to anyone without their approval, so I hope this brings the victims some closure. Again my prayers for his poor wife finding all this coming to light.

Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm

wtf

uns
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:39 pm

If your comment of wtf is about my moving the thread...Im with you. I dont get it either. If we cant talk about current affairs with respect and open discussion, just how much food can we talk about? But hey...I dont make the rules around here anymore cause when I do there is a huge backlash so why bother. Im frankly hurt, offended and kind of heartbroken at the events of the last few months. I thought we all loved each other. But it is what it is...

If the wtf was about my Cosby comment...fair enough. I just find it distasteful to be going after him now when hes old and they can really pile it on. That doesnt mean I dont believe them but geesh why wait till the stress can literally kill the guy to gang up on him. Speak up and face him when it happened. Did these women not care that it would happen again to someone else? Or at least speak sooner than this. But bottom line...the man led a real ugly life...what a waste.

Back to top Go down
abasketcase
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Alrighty. It was me who said (most recently) that I come here for more light hearted things and that I didn't want to debate. That is MY issue though - my issue to control by NOT clicking those threads, not commenting on them, knowing when to bow out, etc. Just because something is "over here" doesn't put it out of sight, out of mind. If this is in reference to me, no need to move ANYTHING. Clicking, commenting is my own issue to deal with and i can handle that responsibility.

For what it's worth - I didn't know about this until recently - there is a "search" object in the upper part of the page. Enter in a few key words and threads will pop up that contain those words and help you find your thread. If you would search "Cosby" this thread would probably pop up. Maybe everyone else knew about this option - but I didn't!
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Your comment, Lori, was followed by others agreeing. If it was you alone I was referring to, I would have had no problem naming you. There are only a handful of posters...when you posted that, others immediately agreed. I then moved any subjects that might spark debate. Thst way you dont have to be offended and can come to the board without seeing it.

I do my best to be responsive to what the members want but of course you can never please everyone.

Because of the consensus of opinion on debate bringing down the lightness and love of the board and other references to it sounding like unpleasant old times is why I decided to no longer start topics.

I was in no way calling you out in my explanation....others felt the same way too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby   Another fallen idol?    Bill Cosby Empty

Back to top Go down

Another fallen idol? Bill Cosby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next