C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I can't make this stuff up....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I can't make this stuff up.... Empty
PostSubject: I can't make this stuff up....   I can't make this stuff up.... EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

While Al Franken is closing in on the Norm Coleman lead in Minnesota (Coleman leads by a scant 130 votes, with 42 percent of the recount in) (Eta, Coleman lead now down to less than 100 votes with 52 persent of the votes in...it's going to be a squeeker....)....

.....things are brewing in the Greorgia runoff election between sitting Republican Senator, Saxby Chambliss and contender, Democrat Jim Martin.

It has to do with some funny business about conflict of interest and employee safety at the Imperial Sugar Factory in Savannah, Georgia.

Quote :
In February 2008, an explosion at the Imperial Sugar Factory in Savannah, caused largely by combustible dust particles, killed 14 workers and injured 40.

The whistleblower who brought the issue to light came before Capitol Hill to testify on the matter.

Saxby Chambliss sat in on the hearing, though he was not part of the Senate Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety.

He was accused by his opponents of verbally harassing the whistleblower.

Moreover, Chambliss continued to oppose a new combustible dust standard at the plant even after the explosion.

Finally, when families of the victims filed a lawsuit, the Senator refused to give evidence or testimony, citing Senatorial immunity, which doesn't actually exist.

Imperial Sugar has funneled donations into Chambliss' coffers for his reelction bid.
Back to top Go down

I can't make this stuff up....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
C *A *P *C *H :: KITCHEN / politics, hot subjects-
Jump to: