C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very Outspoken thoughts......

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Very Outspoken thoughts...... Empty
PostSubject: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 am

I posted this in the Palin thread but seriously...I want to see some peaceful things said sometimes...like acceptance...had Mccain won the election I would hope that Obama supporters wouldnt be ridiculing him......It would be very unfair....OUR new president elect deserves a chance....he isnt even in office yet.....

so going back to the 60's and 70's I am busting out with it...

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE................

I am just curious as to why ANYTHING should be kept secret from the american people in the first place.....

Its our economy, lives, jobs, finances, and family members fighting overseas.....what was so "secret" that Obama let out of the bag ??

was it something that can put us in harms way ??

Is it something that makes the current presedential team look bad ??

I did not see the interview or meeting or what was said..but as a United States citizen I gotta say I am looking forward to a president who will put it out on the table and say whats going on instead of one where I am still wondering about those "horrible weapons of mass destruction" that were never found.....and not knowing a damn thing about whats happening to US......

we do have a right to know the decisions being made for us do we not ?

I am sooo confused here....and just about ready to completely give up...all the mud slinging for both candidates...not just on Obama side and not just on Mccain side BOTH supporters on BOTH sides have said horrible things...

we do have a NEW president elected and we have no choices but two..

we can respect him and hope the best and pray he makes all the best decisions that ONE man can make...

or we can continue to ridicule him and his plans...

and Palin is out of it now she should probably be left alone...unless she is the one still mud slinging...ADDING HERE....I wasnt really bothered by her.....I think she is a sweet and passionate soul who will one day do great things if she works hard and is given a chance...not everyone will be extremely well spoken and know all the answers...she came up short a few times but I think its odd to hold it against her considering how short some of our previous leaders had fallen short...

Love to all...its just a little too much when really we should be focusing on hope for a better life....

I want for everyone to have some peace in their lives whether it be financially, spiritually or politically...

I will pray for all that...as I pray for my new president...may he allow God to guide his hand.

Heder
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 pm

Well said Heather. You said very much what I have been thinking but didn't respond with cause I didn't feel I could put it as well as you did.

The unrest is very disturbing to me and seems to only add fuel to the fire (meaning the problems our country is dealing with and facing). There are so many opportunities to use your time and energy starting in your own community to make a difference. Fight for what you believe in - but do it in action not just in words.

I hate the anger. snk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Did you see McCain on Jay Leno last night?

I watched the whole interview. I think he was great.
He made a few jokes about losing and then said, now he sleeps like a baby. Sleeps a few hours, wakes up crying, goes back to sleep, and in a few hours wakes up crying. He was making a joke.
But then he had nothing but praise about our new President and said Obama was
an honorable man and he totally supports him and has no fears about him being President. You could tell by his eyes and his demeanor that he was serious.

I would not be surprised if he were offered a job in the near future.
He also had praise for his good friend Joe Lieberman. Who supported him, but is an Independant Democrat. I hope that he also will be offered a roll in the upcoming administration.
I do admire both of these men and although I don't think McCain was the right man to be President I do wish him the best. If Hillary had won the nomination, I might have supported McCain. Although his choice for VP might have made a difference. Sorry If that offends anyone. IMO I don't think it was McCain's choice but the party's choice and she was only chosen to try to sway the women voters who shouted vote for McCain when Hillary lost the Florida and Michigan votes in the primary.

Jay did ask him about the choice of Sarah Palin, John was kind towards her, but I got the feeling, he was just being a gentleman. Again, my opinion, I thought he looked uncomfortable answering.

He was a good guest for Veterans Day and related experiences as a POW.

I know Jay made a lot of jokes about him during the campaign, but he does respect him as a man. McCain has been a guest many many times in the past I don't think He would have come on the show is he felt otherwise. He certainly doesn't need the money and he isn't promoting a record (Joking)

I do apologize to the Sarah fans, but I have a right to my opinion too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 5:57 pm

HEDERLEE wrote:
I posted this in the Palin thread but seriously...I want to see some peaceful things said sometimes...like acceptance...had Mccain won the election I would hope that Obama supporters wouldnt be ridiculing him......It would be very unfair....OUR new president elect deserves a chance....he isnt even in office yet.....

I am just curious as to why ANYTHING should be kept secret from the american people in the first place.....

Its our economy, lives, jobs, finances, and family members fighting overseas.....what was so "secret" that Obama let out of the bag ??

I did not see the interview or meeting or what was said..but as a United States citizen I gotta say I am looking forward to a president who will put it out on the table and say whats going on instead of one where I am still wondering about those "horrible weapons of mass destruction" that were never found.....and not knowing a damn thing about whats happening to US......

we do have a right to know the decisions being made for us do we not ?

I am sooo confused here....and just about ready to completely give up...all the mud slinging for both candidates...not just on Obama side and not just on Mccain side BOTH supporters on BOTH sides have said horrible things...

we do have a NEW president elected and we have no choices but two..

we can respect him and hope the best and pray he makes all the best decisions that ONE man can make...

or we can continue to ridicule him and his plans...

and Palin is out of it now she should probably be left alone...unless she is the one still mud slinging...ADDING HERE....I wasnt really bothered by her.....I think she is a sweet and passionate soul who will one day do great things if she works hard and is given a chance...not everyone will be extremely well spoken and know all the answers...she came up short a few times but I think its odd to hold it against her considering how short some of our previous leaders had fallen short...

Love to all...its just a little too much when really we should be focusing on hope for a better life....

I want for everyone to have some peace in their lives whether it be financially, spiritually or politically...

I will pray for all that...as I pray for my new president...may he allow God to guide his hand.

Heder

Heather,

It's just common sense when two people share a conversation in private it remain that way. Especially when it's between the President of the United States and the soon to be President.

Obama made a huge mistake, no matter how trivial the conversation was, it will make it difficult for Foreign Leaders to trust him on sensitive or even private matters.

A President must be trustworthy when meeting with Heads of States, Leader's, Foreign President's, Prime Ministers and so on.

When a Leader of a Foreign country meets with the President and then they hold a news conference they don't tell us everything they talked about, they tell us only what they want to tell us.

What Obama did by letting everyone know what he and the President discussed was let everyone know he can't be trusted to keep a conversation private. How on earth will leaders from sensitive countries open up to him in private if he blabs about everything.

There are countries working with the United States but they don't want it to be known. It could be for a host of reasons.

Lets use Pakistan as an example. Lets say the U.S. has information that
there is a place where there are terrorists hiding out, they go to the
Pakistani Prime Minister and ask if they can go in and take them out.
The Prime Minister might say sure, but if it's found out that you were
here I am going to say I didn't know anything about it. So they agree
to that. The reason being, the Prime Minister wants to live and not
have the terrorists blowing up him and his family.

There will always be things that the Government wont share with the public. That is why there are extensive background checks done on all employees working in the White House, NASA, CIA, FBI, Secret Service and other Government Agencies where there is sensitive information, these
employees have to have a Security Clearance before they can even begin
working in these Government Agencies.

You can't just put anyone at all to work in the White House or any Government Agency. If you think Obama is going to tell the Public everything that is going on you are wrong. It would be suicide for him to do such a thing.

There has to be a tremendous amount of trust between leaders that depend on support of each other.

As far as the WMD's in Iraq. They were long gone to Syria by the time the
war began. Saddam played games when the U.N. inspectors came. He would tell them they could search in this area, then they would leave and he would move everything to the place they had searched. Then they would go back and he would allow them to search the place he had just moved them from....It's as easy as that. It went on for way too long.

The U.N. Inspectors weren't allowed to roam freely and search where they
wanted, they had to go where he told them they could go.

The U.S. and their Allies did find lots of weapons and they brought freedom
to people that had been tortured and made watch while their wives,
daughters and sisters were raped and murdered. Men shot in the head
because one of the sons wanted his wife.

Last night I watched a Marine on t-v that was one of the groups sent to find the mass graves. His job was to document and take video, he will never get over what he say. thousands upon thousands of people all thrown into mass graves. Men, Women, Little Boys, Little Girls, Toddlars, Infants, Babies not yet born still in the womb of their Mother's.

How did that all happen? How could we allow that to go on? Forget about the WMD's for a minute and that Saddam wiped out an entire town using
WMD's. Saddam and his two Son's were WMD's all on their own, just the
three of them.

They were pure evil. They were Hitler all over again. They were doing exactly what he did, mass murder. We all like to believe that another Holocaust could never happen again, are we sure about that?

Anyway Heather, don't expect Obama to personally let all of us know what's going on, that ain't going to happen unless he's a complete idiot!
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Anyway Heather, don't expect Obama to personally let all of us know what's going on, that ain't going to happen unless he's a complete idiot!

Jane, I'm not going to comment on the rest of your last statement but this last comment is out of line.....
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 pm

abasketclayse wrote:

Jane, I'm not going to comment on the rest of your last statement but this last comment is out of line.....

Why is that so out of line? She's not calling him an idiot, she's saying that ANY President that would let us know everything that's going on would have to be loopy! It simply would not be safe, that's why there's such things as security clearances and "need to know" basis.

It seems that everyone is so sensitive about Obama, I just don't understand that snk
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:47 pm

HEDERLEE wrote:

Hi sweet Heather, I can certainly understand what you're saying, but is it right to simply dispose of a long held tradition of civility? Since our country began, one president has handed the reins over to the next, and they would meet in private to discuss certain things. It's the tradition, and it's a good one. It shows respect to both men.

What gives him the right to just disregard that? And now, it seems he gets a pass on that, too. I just shake my head in wonder.

I'm trying to give him a chance, Heather, but I don't think it's smart to be blind about the man. He's done nothing but openly ridicule GWB for two years, and their first PE-Pres meeting, he disrespects him again. I think that's something to be disappointed about.

Much love, Heather, I hope I've stated my views in a way that won't cause more hurt.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:48 pm

"Unless he's a complete idiot" - my apologies if I took it wrong, but that implied to me that he's already an "idiot" and the next step is "complete idiot".

I am trying to maintain respect is all. I sure would like to see people post their opinions and thoughts without trashing the target - be it Obama, McCain, Clay Aiken, or whoever is being discussed.
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:51 pm

abasketclayse wrote:
"Unless he's a complete idiot" - my apologies if I took it wrong, but that implied to me that he's already an "idiot" and the next step is "complete idiot".

OMG I love you Basket! This just tickled my funny bone. You have a point about respect and I'm trying...but something about this sentence just killed me. Too funny!

rlo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 pm

abasket ht thu

Renee, I may be wrong, because I have not read all posts, But I have read a lot of hatred and fear about Obama.

The things I have read about McCain are, Not right for the job. More of the same, (Bush) not agreeing with his voting record etc. Not the same fear and hatred. There is a difference.

I probably would not have posted at all if not for that, Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Because things are printed in blogs and elsewhere on the internet does not make them true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:28 pm

abasketclayse wrote:

Basket,
Please tell me what exactly you consider out of line.
Was out of line to tell Heather that Obama wasn't going to be giving us Daily Briefings or was it that only a complete idiot would do such a thing?????
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:33 pm

mypumpkin58 wrote:
abasket ht thu

Renee, I may be wrong, because I have not read all posts, But I have read a lot of hatred and fear about Obama.

The things I have read about McCain are, Not right for the job. More of the same, (Bush) not agreeing with his voting record etc. Not the same fear and hatred. There is a difference.

I probably would not have posted at all if not for that, Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Because things are printed in blogs and elsewhere on the internet does not make them true.

I understand what you're saying pumpkin, I just disagree. I would never be so naive as to think that things are true simply because I find them on the internet. However, I think it equally dangerous to accept what the networks say at face value.

I don't worry about rumors and blog gossip that was ignored. There are plenty of verified facts that were ignored leading up to this election. Not even Bill Clinton was given such a pass as this man.

We needed a leader that other nations could look to with respect and yes, a bit of fear. They needed to know that if pushed, the United States will respond. What I see now are many of our enemies looking to make inroads with Obama, while at the same time they are committing breaches around the world. Putin seems to be putting together the Kremlin again, and he's working with Chavez. Iran just tested a missile that will reach Europe, but at the same time, they are thrilled with Obama's presidency and reach out to him in congratulations.

There are very very real consequences to fear.

And to clarify one major point: I don't hate Barack Obama. I think he is completely unqualified for the job and holds philosophies that will damage our country, but I don't hate him. I do, however, hate the free pass he's been given, the nearly messianic joy shown over him for reasons I sure don't see, and the hypocrisy of being told to "sit down and shut up" after conservatives have had to listen to the worst vitriolic spewings about a President many still supported.

Those things I hate. Barack Obama I don't trust, but I can give him a chance. The frenzy though? I'll never be able to handle that...(and that frenzy does not in any way shape or form applies to anyone here. I'm talking about OUT THERE).
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Just a thought because the election is over and I live with the hope that Obama will be a good President, but I don't believe Obama came out after the meeting and discussed "everything" from the meeting with Bush.

Carry on.....

Oh, and Heather, for you: ht
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Renee, I do understand what you are saying, however I think it is each person's interpretation of what you posted. I happen to have a different interpretation and understanding.

That's what makes this a great country.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I just can't understand why people who supported John McCain so vigorously can not now trust him when he says Obama is an honorable man and he trusts him to be President.

Or do you and others think he is now lying? And I don't mean this in a bad way.

ht
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Renee wrote:
abasketclayse wrote:

Why is that so out of line? She's not calling him an idiot, she's saying that ANY President that would let us know everything that's going on would have to be loopy! It simply would not be safe, that's why there's such things as security clearances and "need to know" basis.

It seems that everyone is so sensitive about Obama, I just don't understand that snk

Renee,
Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to understand the point I was trying to make.

Now that he has been elected we will have at least 4 more years of walking on eggshells.

I wonder if it's safe to say the name Hussein yet? I also wonder how many Muslims had their names legally changed here in the U.S. once it became known that Democrats were against that name, that it was almost a crime to even mention that his middle name was Hussein?

I just wanted to explain to Heather that no matter what, whether it's Obama or any President for that matter they are not going to tell us what is going on concerning every single thing. He would put the entire country at risk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:04 pm

abasketclayse wrote:

I am trying to maintain respect is all. I sure would like to see people post their opinions and thoughts without trashing the target - be it Obama, McCain, Clay Aiken, or whoever is being discussed.

Basket if that was meant as an apology it was a poor one. I didn't in any way trash anyone. You apologize for taking it wrong yet explain that you weren't really wrong because I used the word "complete" which means I think he is an idiot already.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:27 pm

mypumpkin58 wrote:
Renee, I do understand what you are saying, however I think it is each person's interpretation of what you posted. I happen to have a different interpretation and understanding.

That's what makes this a great country.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I just can't understand why people who supported John McCain so vigorously can not now trust him when he says Obama is an honorable man and he trusts him to be President.

Or do you and others think he is now lying? And I don't mean this in a bad way.

ht

McCain is not lying. He will always put his country before anything. He has said that many times. He means what he says because it's good for the country, it's just how he is. As he has said many, many times, he would rather lose an election than lose a war.

Same thing goes for the leader of the country. It serves the country well for him to put trust in Obama.

It's misplaced trust, because any man that leaves a private meeting with the sitting President and tells the media what was said is not to be trusted.

American people are very proud of the transition of Administrations. It's part of tradition. It's a way for both sides to come together and heal. What Obama did was not a good thing. It left a sour taste in many peoples mouths.

Bush had office space set-up with 20 people to assist Obama's staff with anything they needed the day after the election. He even had phone lines put in....

There is a lot to be said about tradition, it's sad when someone breaks away from such an important tradition. There was no need for Obama to discuss his meeting with President Bush at all.

If you ask me, Obama is acting as if he is already President.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:35 pm

joechgo1 wrote:

Carry on.....

ht

Is that your Tim Gunn Impersonation Joe???? LOL

I love Tim. I think he is certainly one of a kind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:40 pm

I will admit it, Obama scares the hell out of me. I find him quite charming but beyond that a total void. I have voted in every election since I was of age to do so, and have not always voted my party so party lines have nothing to do with how I feel. I don't trust him. I do not wish him to fail, I love this country, but some of his ideas are just way over the top.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Jane,
IMO insinuating that Obama is an "idiot" or "complete idiot" is out of line. IF you did not mean that, I apologized for understanding it wrong. IF you were calling him an "idiot" that is trashing as far as I can see.

I don't get the rest of what your were saying in your statement to me.

And as for Barack acting like he's already President....wow, getting all his ducks in line seems really appropriate to me. Why wait? Why waste 2 months just waiting - there's plenty for him to learn in the meantime. Isn't it someone traditional that this happens? I don't know that others haven't done the same thing....
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Sorry Heather, your intent of this thread kind of went down the toilet didn't it.....Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:42 pm

Its ok basket ....I tried...we cant always have peace when we want it...

carry on.......

Joe...I love you so much precious

and LOVE ALL of you.....

I LOVE OBAMA AND I LOVE MCCAIN AND BUSH AND CLINTON AND EVERY STINKING AND NON STINKING PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD......

I JUST LOVE THE F*CK OUT OF THEM...

Sorry I had to get that out

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I just felt like spreading the LOVE
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 pm

HEDERLEE wrote:
Its ok basket ....I tried...we cant always have peace when we want it...

carry on.......

Joe...I love you so much precious

and LOVE ALL of you.....

I LOVE OBAMA AND I LOVE MCCAIN AND BUSH AND CLINTON AND EVERY STINKING AND NON STINKING PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD......

I JUST LOVE THE F*CK OUT OF THEM...

Sorry I had to get that out

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I just felt like spreading the LOVE

Okay Heather, it's official. You are the coolest girl ever! Love you hon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:19 pm

I Love you too Renee.....

I mean that with all my heart and soul...

each of you are such a part of me...I cannot imagine life without one of you...so whether we agree or disagree ya all are stuck with my ass !!!

FLAT OUT no ifs ands or BUTTS

well except for Clays Butt.....I still like his butt....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 am

Basket,

I would like to apologize to you. I can understand how you may have misunderstood what I said. Being petty doesn't do anyone any good. (That applies to me, you or anyone else)

I don't know if you read my entire message but I didn't trash Obama at all.

I do however promise you I was not implying anything about Obama. I was not calling him an idiot or a complete idiot.

I was just trying to explain to Heather that no President (any President) within his right mind would ever give a briefing or update us on sensitive issues concerning the running of the country. They are not about to begin sharing with us now.

And if any President should do so, they would be complete idiots because it would put the country and our safety at great risk.

The Terrorists have televisions, computers and can get their news the same way we do. They would love for our Government to tell them ahead of time what their plans are....

There has to be a high level of secrecy in order to stay a step ahead of those that want to harm amd destroy us and other countries that enjoy the same freedoms we enjoy.

The fact that Obama didn't keep his talk with the President to himself wasn't a smart thing to do. It doesn't matter what they discussed, it's the principle of the issue.

It doesn't assure Leaders of other countries that they can confide in Obama and it stay between them. So where does that leave the U.S.?
We depend on other countries to share their intellegance with us. They also depend on the U.S. to help them to stay safe too.

There may come a time that Obama may need to call upon a former President for advice or just to discuss a sensitive issue on something, don't you think Obama might just want them to be discreet (sp)?

He needs to show President Bush the same respect many people here want everyone else to show Obama. Why isn't it important to many here that President Bush be treated with respect? He is still our President and he has been treated horribly no matter what he did.

And lets not forget he is also Obama's President and he should have shown him respect and thanked him for sitting down to talk to him.

I don't like the double standard, it's ok to treat Bush like trash but Obama is off limits even if it's something true about him.
Anyway, I hope we can move past this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Outspoken thoughts......   Very Outspoken thoughts...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Outspoken thoughts......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next