C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! Empty
PostSubject: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am

I for one am anxious for elections tomorrow. In the midst of all the gun-slinging, commercials, pounds of literature on the door and in the mail, I am STILL warmed to see people in our country having an opinion and rallying around their candidate.

I love seeing my kids excited about the process and interested enough to keep on top of things. My 15 year old has asked me to wait till she gets out of school to vote so she can come with me and she plans on camping out in front of the TV tomorrow to watch the results begin. She watched all 3 debates with me and ended up joining the Young Democrats Club at school and was actually out in the neighborhoods (accompanied by adults) passing out some of that (paper fluff...) literature this weekend.

I know that we are all eager to move on from the campaigning - no matter what, about 1/2 the country will wake up Weds (if we have results uns ) happy and 1/2 will not be happy. I don't think there is a candidate out there who could sway those results much more than that - there is NO ONE who could win our citizens over by a true overwhelming majority.

Be safe if/when you go to vote. May your wait not be too long. If you are waiting, rather than feeling disgruntled, take a look around you and notice the people - all types - who are there, taking time, to voice their opinion. Try to look for the positive in the process! (we know there is plenty NOT positive out there!!!)

chee chee chee hidee
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 am

I'm excited! Get out there and vote - it's one of the most important things you can do as a U.S. citizen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 am

Everyone enjoy your voting and result watching. We'll be watching movies tomorrow night, and I'll be watching results via the computer probably. I'm nervous about this one.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:39 am

Feeling exhilarated this morning!! fffdfdf Voting in the Presidential race always makes me feel that way.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 am

Yes, it does!!! chee

I'm very excited but also nervous with all the attention/focus on Ohio...kind of makes me feel responsible... sniff

hidee ( I have NO idea why we don't have an American flag emoticon!!!)
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

Number of posts : 11531
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Lori, I read these words yesterday morning intending to post later in the day. I forgot. I appreciated everything you said, so articulate and covering so many aspects.

I'm still voting by absentee ballot and already sent mine in.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 pm

All I can say is thank God the election is finally here so I don't have to suffer through any more political ads! The local politicians sure put on some really putrid ads that air nonstop.

I'll be heading out in a while to vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I never saw any ads for local people here. Only saw Anti-Obama ads here. Of course, I live in Texas, what do we expect.

Anyone know how things are going so far?
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:21 pm

I don't. Haven't even have the TV or radio on yet today. It will be on all the major networks tonight though, so no regular programming.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 pm

We aren't likely to know anything until late tonight, maybe not till the wee hours of the morning - or it's possible we may not know even tomorrow. uns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Lord I hope we know by morning.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

It'll be interesting to see. The polls here close at 7pm. Usually they start predicting the winners pretty quickly anymore during the coverage.

Will you watch local or cable coverage? I'll probably flip back & forth between the local ABC channel and Anderson Cooper on CNN.

Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Probably be hanging out with Anderson. wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm following online.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 am

So intense!! I feel like I'm going to throw up!!!! So nervous!!! ddddddddddddf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 am

Think it's all over now. Thank goodness! thud
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 am

It was a long night/morning! I stayed up to watch the speeches so a little Sleep right now.... uns

My hope is that people in government and people in our towns learn to work together better in the next 4 years - a little bit of progress and positive action can go a long way.

My hope is that people never rely on one person to make decisions and that every American finds time and energy to do more than push a button at a voting poll, but actually walks out into their community - a church, a school, or even just assisting a neighbor and looks to make a difference.

I hope that people stay strong to their values and morals of basic humankind but that we are open to others different than us - either because of socio economic status, political belief, sexuality, or cultures. Set your standards but accept that the standards of others, that are personal beliefs as long as they do not physically or emotionally hurt another human being.

I wish that we had a system where we could take the energy and ideas of the losing party and put them to better use. It always seems wrong to me that the losing party sort of "walks away" - all that time, planning and networking should be latched onto and put into the conversation. (note: Obama did mention that he wants to sit down with Romney and work together - an action I hope he follows through with).

Locally, we had a lot of levies - some passed (including a levy for the parks my husband works for), some failed (our local public schools Sad ).

Here's hoping that all involved keep working for a better US!!!! thu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 am

well said thu
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 am

That's a positive way of looking at things! All I can think of to say is God Bless America.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 am

The day after elections are always kind of awkward - some people are happy and some people are NOT.

Definitely feeling that "awkwardness" at work today. uns
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Very well said!

Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 pm

I was surprised at how fast the time went by last night. All of a sudden, I looked at the clock and it was after 10 p.m.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 pm

What did you think of the coverage Joe? Did you stick with Anderson?
Back to top Go down
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I did. And I was amazed at how fast those electoral voting states were filling up so quickly. I enjoyed the coverage and that guy who continued to gauge the progresson those maps.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I did stick with CNN all evening. They did a great job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!   Exercise Your Right!  Best of Luck Voting! Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise Your Right! Best of Luck Voting!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
C *A *P *C *H :: KITCHEN / politics, hot subjects-
Jump to: