C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Disgusting proof of media bias

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joechgo11



Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 pm

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/2008/10/13/obama-supporters-call-sarah-palin-c-nt-where-media

there's a line in this article that reads...


Quote :
Calling Sarah Palin a cunt would be the equivalent of a group of protesters calling Obama a n*g*&r. If that ever happened you know we would be seeing it for weeks replayed endlessly with discussions about how the race is still close because Americans are racist.



THIS is why people on the right are getting angry. THIS has nothing to do with McCain or Palin stoking the fires. THIS is the blatant double standard and media bias for Obama/Biden. Why isn't THIS on the news???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Am I disgusted? Yes! Do I think it really happened? I don't know. We just have this guy with a blog to believe. There is a lot of internet stories, and just because something shows up on the internet does not make it true.

The difference between this, one man's story, and the "Kill him" and "terrorist" shouts, is that the shouts were recorded during McCain and Palin speeches. Loud enough for the camera to pick it up, loud enough for McCain and Palin to react to the outbursts. This is news, the story of the T-shirts and the fetus are just that, stories, they are not news.

....hmmm, just noticed both people "reporting" are anonymous ....


Last edited by spongie on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Because it isn't news......there are nut cases in both party camps. However, shouting out things like, "Kill him" will attract the secret service and rightfully so. I do recall seeing similar things as these t-shirts directed at Hillary and they make me sick.

The c word and the n word are BOTH words that show the ignorance of the person using them. In the book, The Real McCain, the writer reports that John McCain himself called his wife the c word in front of witnesses.....I find that, if true, disgusting!!! I don't know how people can write that kind of thing and get away with it. But the point I am making (hang in there, there is one) is that the real concern would be if the candidate themselves used either of those words in referring to the other....and I just can't see either of them doing that. As for what the media reports, you never know...this might get picked up by the media at some point.
Back to top Go down
joechgo11



Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:44 pm

spongie wrote:
Am I disgusted? Yes! Do I think it really happened? I don't know. We just have this guy with a blog to believe. There is a lot of internet stories, and just because something shows up on the internet does not make it true.

The difference between this, one man's story, and the "Kill him" and "terrorist" shouts, is that the shouts were recorded during McCain and Palin speeches. Loud enough for the camera to pick it up, loud enough for McCain and Palin to react to the outbursts. This is news, the story of the T-shirts and the fetus are just that, stories, they are not news.

....hmmm, just noticed both people "reporting" are anonymous ....

Spongie, there are pictures and they are selling the tshirts on a cafe press website. How much more proof do you need?


Last edited by Renee on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my inability to insert verbs in the right place)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joechgo11



Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:48 pm

CinC wrote:
Because it isn't news......there are nut cases in both party camps. However, shouting out things like, "Kill him" will attract the secret service and rightfully so. I do recall seeing similar things as these t-shirts directed at Hillary and they make me sick.

The c word and the n word are BOTH words that show the ignorance of the person using them. In the book, The Real McCain, the writer reports that John McCain himself called his wife the c word in front of witnesses.....I find that, if true, disgusting!!! I don't know how people can write that kind of thing and get away with it. But the point I am making (hang in there, there is one) is that the real concern would be if the candidate themselves used either of those words in referring to the other....and I just can't see either of them doing that. As for what the media reports, you never know...this might get picked up by the media at some point.

Cincy, come on. I'm counting on your intellectual integrity right now. We may not agree on things, but you cannot deny the media bias. You KNOW that if someone showed up wearing an Obama is a N** that would be ALL over the news, and Oprah would hold a healing ceremony for the racial hatred in the nation right on her show. You KNOW that's true.

I don't believe the Real McCain any more than I believe Obamanation. Those books look at the truth through too many agendas.

I stand by my statement. This type of coverage and bias is what's fanning those flames. And sadly, things are going to start getting much hotter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Renee wrote:
CinC wrote:
Because it isn't news......there are nut cases in both party camps. However, shouting out things like, "Kill him" will attract the secret service and rightfully so. I do recall seeing similar things as these t-shirts directed at Hillary and they make me sick.

The c word and the n word are BOTH words that show the ignorance of the person using them. In the book, The Real McCain, the writer reports that John McCain himself called his wife the c word in front of witnesses.....I find that, if true, disgusting!!! I don't know how people can write that kind of thing and get away with it. But the point I am making (hang in there, there is one) is that the real concern would be if the candidate themselves used either of those words in referring to the other....and I just can't see either of them doing that. As for what the media reports, you never know...this might get picked up by the media at some point.

Cincy, come on. I'm counting on your intellectual integrity right now. We may not agree on things, but you cannot deny the media bias. You KNOW that if someone showed up wearing an Obama is a N** that would be ALL over the news, and Oprah would hold a healing ceremony for the racial hatred in the nation right on her show. You KNOW that's true.

I don't believe the Real McCain any more than I believe Obamanation. Those books look at the truth through too many agendas.

I stand by my statement. This type of coverage and bias is what's fanning those flames. And sadly, things are going to start getting much hotter.


But it is the media fanning the flames, not the candidates (for the most part, they are taking a bit higher ground and doing the usual misquoting and misstating the issues). There seems to be at least a public effort on their part to not give any of these things more attention than they deserve. Surely, you can see the difference between wearing a tshirt with a derogatory word and a call for violence.

It sounds as though rather than stating a desire that the media downplay character assassinations and name calling, you are seeking an eye for an eye, a slam for a slam type approach by the media. Will it get worse??? I don't think you will see the outright lies that have come out of Sarah Palin's mouth trying to connected Barack to terrorism out of either Obama or Biden. The Keating 5 is documented fact, not some supposed guilt by association manufacture. The reaction I have heard most is, "If that is the worst they can come up with on Obama, he must be squeaky clean."

I'm all for sticking to the issues and voting for the person whose policies most closely match what is important to each voter. The rest of this is beneath the candidates, but obviously not the media.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Quote :
Spongie, there are pictures and they are selling the tshirts on a cafe press website.

Eww, don't make do that again.....(I deserve a merit badge for that one).....so I went to the cafepress website, looked at over 285 McCain/Palin Obama/Biden T-shirts, and didn't see any remotely saying that. There were, however, Scary witch-hatted Palin and "Obama bin Biden" T's.

Look, maybe someone had those t shirts there. I donno. The pictures had this weird super saturated green not found in nature, but let's just assume that these guys went out and had them made at their local t-shirt emplorium....

No way would there be smoke bombs. And I don't believe the fetus/Bristle bit at all.

But let's say that's true as well....(except the smoke bomb..no way any one would get near McCain with smoke bombs, so I'm definitely calling them out on that one....).....

It's still not news, just some yahoos outside the venue making trouble. Having someone shout "kill him" or "traitor" in responce to a question from the VP candidate, shouted loud enough for the candidate to look at the guy, and cock her head, on camera (was that a smile?)...that's news.

I wasn't going to bring this up, because it's a non-issue, but there is a youtube of a big guy with a stuffed monkey with "Obama" across the monkey's forehead. The guy was waving it around at one of the McCain rally's. Racist? maybe, stupid? Heck yes! News worthy? Nope.... But some guy shouting "Kill him?" Yeah, that's newsworthy....


Last edited by spongie on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Double post? Can I do that?

So there are t-shirts, made by this chick here....but.....(from Ben Smith).

Quote :
I mentioned the shirts in passing earlier, and one of their creators, emailing under the name Rhiannon Volpe, objected to my suggestion that she was a Democrat:

"I personally am a registered Libertarian.... "

She added that McCain had, allegedly, used the word himself, "so is it really that offensive?" And she said none of the people pictured were Democrats.

She's also selling the shirts online, part of a line of ironical Philly hipster gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Disgusting proof of media bias   

Back to top Go down
 
Disgusting proof of media bias
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Strange bias readings after VTA ST-70 board install
» Mk III won't bias properly
» No bias readings in st70 right channel
» Identifying the B+ and Bias tap in the MK IV, and other questions about VTA MK IV boards
» How to wire the MKIII in cathode bias

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
C *A *P *C *H :: KITCHEN / politics, hot subjects-
Jump to: