C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have a question to members who do not ever post

Go down 
+6
Morgan Rowan
abasketclayse
GammmaC
joechgo1
CLAYFROMDAY1
Susan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

I have a question to members who do not ever post Empty
PostSubject: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm going to ask something that I've always wondered about.

Disclaimer: First of all I am asking this after having 2 cocktails. drunken Very Happy

Second: I ask this not to make anyone mad or to cause hurt feelings.

I just really am curious as to why?

9 times out of 10 you can tell what a thread is about by the title so I have to assume that the thread interests you. Why not post a reply, whether you agree with the person or not, just a little something showing your interest. You can even post an emoticon that would indicate your feelings on the subject.

Why not post a thread every now and then - it doesn't matter what it's about - yourself, your family, your community, your views on current events, AI, whatever. Anything would be appreciated.

The thing that bothers me the most is viewing a birthday thread or a prayer request or something similar, and not giving your best wishes.

There is, of course, no law that says you have to participate in a board when you join it. Maybe I'm being too sensitive since I've belonged to this board for so long that I just don't understand why this happens. That, and the fact that it becomes cumbersome for the same few people who post to keep things flowing and interesting. I just really hate to see the day that the board ends because of lack of participation. Sad

I just thought I would ask. Please don't be offended. It would just be nice to have everyone's participation. ht

If I've overstepped Morgan, please feel free to delete.
Back to top Go down
CLAYFROMDAY1

CLAYFROMDAY1

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Susan, I don't have a answer for you but I will say wve and love ya!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:24 am

Thank you Mary! ht

I guess I have my answer (or not) 19 views and one reply!!
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 am

I'm viewing, so will say thank you, Susan, for your honest question. I have a question to members who do not ever post Emlove

Personally, if you've noticed, I've quit posting so much for several reasons, one of which is the fact that some people look in but say nothing. With how open I have been, it has made me now feel uncomfortable.

Like Susan, nothing personal. Just my own curiosity and feelings.
Back to top Go down
GammmaC

GammmaC

Number of posts : 4148
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:56 am

Can't answer for anyone but myself- but I post when I get a chance..but belonging to several boards, most of the time I am just reading , either before or after work, and do not always have the time to post as much as I would like. In fact... this is the ONLY board I ever post on at all, since it is the BEST, and I feel like it is practically a family. Maybe many others are in that same boat. But will try to post even more in the future, tho you may be sorry you asked. I have a question to members who do not ever post 1_wink Meantime, Thanks for all you regulars that keep this going.Love you guys!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 am

Thank you Joe - I'm glad I do not stand alone on this issue. I was hoping I didn't offend anyone.

Gamma - thank you for your response. I know you post sometimes and we love hearing from you!

Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 am

I would also say that it is NOT the job of the manager/asst. manager to be the major thread posters. Hopefully they DO post threads, but it is suppose to be a cooperative effort!

Joe, I do know how you feel. I sometimes wonder if I should post pics and such - it just weird to reveal "parts of yourself" and yet feel like there are (for lack of a better word) "strangers" reading/viewing yourself. I also admit that I am in general, not a very "trusting" person, so I try to be "careful" and cautious about friendships online.

I guess I feel like if I'm not comforable to post, I shouldn't be enticed to visit.

Maybe some of us are just really entertaining and others can't wait to see what we have to say! uns
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 am

I'm good with the thread

but there are a few things I want to say.

One

try to get over the thread count. I look too - I get frustrated too sometimes BUT . . .Its not really as accurate as what you think. You post - then go back and proofread and it counts for a couple views already. Some people use the ' next post ' button and it bounces from one thread to the other like your email and they never really read the post but theres another hit. If you reopen you're own thread to look for comments it will count as a view. I do that all the time running up the count. And quite frankly I don't think the thing really works the way it should. I think a lot of things that are not actually views make it go up because some minor threads have huge counts and we dont even have that many members.

Two

There are lots of reasons people dont respond. The major one is no discussion was started it was simply an info post - like reading a newspaper. How often do you answer back a news story. Rarely right - cause its presented as news not questions. Other reasons people don't post is time constraints, being at work and just quickly viewing, depression, multi-tasking, etc. etc.

So let's try to get past the post count thing but that doesn't mean Susan's original message is not a good one. Susan brings up a good point. A community is only as strong as its members. If you aren't posting on occasion that it will quickly die.

As for the birthday and personal appeals threads not being answered - thats kind of my pet peeve too. A simple

rose is just not all that hard. And we should all care about each other. The idea of reading someone's sadness and saying nothing is kind of sad if you think about it. But again I think the post count does not reflect the amount of people that viewed the thread.

And Joe please don't stop posting like that. I love seeing your posts. You have such a great heart.

~~
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
CLAYFROMDAY1

CLAYFROMDAY1

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
I'm good with the thread

but there are a few things I want to say.

One

try to get over the thread count. I look too - I get frustrated too sometimes BUT . . .Its not really as accurate as what you think. You post - then go back and proofread and it counts for a couple views already. Some people use the ' next post ' button and it bounces from one thread to the other like your email and they never really read the post but theres another hit. If you reopen you're own thread to look for comments it will count as a view. I do that all the time running up the count. And quite frankly I don't think the thing really works the way it should. I think a lot of things that are not actually views make it go up because some minor threads have huge counts and we dont even have that many members.

Two

There are lots of reasons people dont respond. The major one is no discussion was started it was simply an info post - like reading a newspaper. How often do you answer back a news story. Rarely right - cause its presented as news not questions. Other reasons people don't post is time constraints, being at work and just quickly viewing, depression, multi-tasking, etc. etc.

So let's try to get past the post count thing but that doesn't mean the original message is not a good one. Susan brings up a good point. A community is only as strong as its members. If you aren't posting on occasion that it will quickly die.

As for the birthday and personal appeals threads not being answered - thats kind of my pet peeve too. A simple

rose is just not all that hard. And we should all care about each other. The idea of reading someone's sadness and saying nothing is kind of sad if you think about it. But again I think the post count does not reflect the amount of people that viewed the thread.

~~

ythat and many times I can't answer at work and have internet issue in the country.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks, Morgan. I just don't feel as comfortable anymore with how open I am and how many people don't post anything. I guess the blizzard made me realize that some people just can't muster up anything to say even if they are reading what you wrote.

Lori, it looks like you and I feel the same way. This time, for me, is different and my uncomfortable feeling is not going away, so I will continue to post but much differently than before, that's for sure.

I will just say that people not wishing someone a happy birthday or a little support on a prayer thread or if a person is going through something difficult is something I can't understand and never will. It not only seems insincere and cold-hearted, it makes me very sad to think that a person couldn't muster the ooomph to say, "happy birthday" or "hope things will be okay."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:50 pm

*scared to respond frankly* No

I guess I'll just attempt to say my peace and clear the air... I mainly lurk here any more, don't really feel as if I add a lot to the board, things are stressful at work for me, and don't have a lot of time to read the stuff here, plus not real comfy with the accusations that are being tossed in this thread. I will be honest, I rarely respond to anything, even the birthday threads and the asking for prayer threads, so I guess I'm a bad friend.

Morgan, feel free to delete my ass status, but I ain't goin' nowhere unless you don't want just lurkers here...
Back to top Go down
CLAYFROMDAY1

CLAYFROMDAY1

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

wve Paula wve
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 pm

I was merely asking for members to participate more in order to keep things more interesting.

I realize that we all have busy lives and there are days when you don’t have time to post or you aren’t in the mood to “talk,” which is understandable – we all have those days. When you do have a minute, post a hi or a bit of news – it only takes a minute.

My request only comes out of love for the board. ht rose

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Been busy downloading/watching clack, but I do lurk when I'm at work.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:46 pm

Paula, I do appreciate you being honest. An honest answer to me is better than no answer at all!

Obviously though it should be noted that if we are all "lurkers" than there will be nothing to lurk at.

So maybe my question is....to those that are willing to come out of lurkdom and share....what is it that you read about here that makes you want to come back and lurk????

Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Where are there accusations? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:30 pm

joechgo1 wrote:
It not only seems insincere and cold-hearted,
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:32 pm

That's not an accusation, it's merely my observation, but if you want to think it was an accusation, Paula, that's up to you. You are so different than you used to be, especially with me, but I was in no way accusing anyone of anything. I have a question to members who do not ever post Umerm2

Maybe it's time for me to vamoose...........................
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:59 pm

You know, I don't think anyone intends to hurt anyone's feelings here. Sometimes words do.

The point is not for ANYONE to vamoose, but for EVERYONE to participate. Dang it, it's a message board and there are no messages if people don't play!

No more begging from me - I have done it plenty of times and it's somewhat pathetic on my part - but I just have always enjoyed the active participation here.

I think Susan was just looking for some answers - answers to try to make things BETTER and more fruitful here. Kudos to her. ht

Kudos to everyone who wishes to stick together.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:15 pm

I would love to stick together, but the latest insult has me wanting to disappear for awhile. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

You know, I am all alone. I go for days without talking to anyone except my little Millie. Human contact is minimal. The boards have been a lifeline for me.

However, when I'm obviously bothering people, I think it might be time to leave, even if for a little while. It hurts to know I'm such a nuisance to some people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 pm

No need to vamoose on my account Joe.

I just feel like that response hit a little close to home is all.

I am sorry if it feels like I have changed. I don't believe I have.

peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

You are too adored by all here.

You stay.

I don't come around much any more, so post away.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Please realize that what is happening here is the OPPOSITE of why the thread was started - to get others to participate more!!!!

To find out what people like! Or don't like!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Haven't posted in a long time. My bad!
I have been super busy with work and have a larger territory this year and not spending tons of time on the computer after long days. It's not that I haven't been thinking of all of you! Hope everyone is doing well.

Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Very nice to hear from you 1crazy! Work does tend to get in the way of things at times...lol Thanks for checking in!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a question to members who do not ever post   I have a question to members who do not ever post Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a question to members who do not ever post
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next