C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Political Thread....Sarah Palin

Go down 
+3
coocooitstrue
Susan
joechgo11
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Yeah, cause you know Heather, we're ALL right!!!! wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:55 pm

i see that LOL

as you may have noticed I rarely post on political threads...

it scares me LOL

So I just read and learn, and then investigate what I read here...and try to figure out who Im voting for...Im still comfused...

so................can anyone give me some links please to some good videos of both Obama and McCain where they talk about these subjects please ??

ABORTION
SCHOOL FUNDING
WOMENS WAGES VS MENS WAGES
SOCIAL SECURITY
RELIGION

if they do exsist somewhere

also curious as to if there are any videos when either the Presedential candidates or their VP candidates discuss religion or sexuality or the above mentioned list??

Im on of those people who like to see it straight from the horses mouth....we all know how the media can twist so.....

thnx in advance....love to you all

heder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:29 pm

amainachen wrote:
Rubylamoon wrote:
I came across this on my web travels

Additionally, Signorile offered that McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, embraces a Pentecostal faith that is "vehemently antigay" and, it has been reported, is a member of a church that apparently extols ex-gay programming, as evidenced when it recently publicized a Focus on the Family conference in her state

wrong wrong wrong. I was raised pentecostal and i am getting tired of our faith said like its a witchcraft type of religion. Those of you who say whats wrong with being muslin then whats wrong with pentecostals. Sorry this upsets me. The faith does say that homosexuality is a sin but all have welcomed into the church. I have never seen anyone turned away based on preferences. Of course there are ranges of the pentecostal but all in all they believe the same. We welcome and pray that whatever sin is done that the person will ask for forgiveness. I have my beliefs about homosexuality but they are mine just as palin has hers and would not rule based ont hat. where do you get the idea she would govern with her beliefs anymore than obama would govern with his beliefs whatever they are. muslin or that preacher in chicago that preaches hatred. why is that worse than palins church preaching against gays. If i am to assume that palin will govern with her beliefs then i sure would be nervous about obama being President with all the hatred delivered from the pulpit of his church of 25 years. Palin has a right to go to whatever church she wants and to have her beliefs and i see no where where she would govern other than what is the law. I don't attend a pentecostal church now my family does and we are not a cult. we believe in the bible, in God's word, we believe in the sanctity of marriage, like others. Most are not all sos narrowminded as i have read on boards or the media. that makes me sick. I am tired of all the double standards. obamas religion is ok but her's is not. Before anyone knocks palin's religion maybe go to a church and see for yourself instead of writing what may have been read. i have no idea if palin or her church in this focus on the family try to reprogram gays or not. I suppose if a gay person wants to try and change maybe it did happen but i'd have to see the circumstance surrounding that. i don't believe they go and try to recruit gays to reprogram.

Holy crap Deb..I just posted what I found ,I didn't say a damned thing about any of it.I don't know anything about Pentacostals or anything about Palin. I found it while reading articles that mentioned Clay and thought it might be pertinent considering this is a Clay board and this is a Palin thread.

I'm beginning to regret coming to this board ...Every frikkin time I come here I get pissed off and this time I feel pissed on as well.

This is just the last damn straw for me.

I'm going back to the Woodshed..if anybody wants me that's where I'll be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 pm

I LOVE YOU RUBY....IM SORRY THINGS ARE SO DANG HARD RIGHT NOW AND EVERY EMOTION IS HIGH.......

DONT STAY AWAY LONG....SOMETIMES YES WE NEED A BREAK AND TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL....

I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN IT PERSONALLY AS YOU WERE POSTING SOMETHING YOU FOUND...MY BROTHER IS A PENTACOSTAL AS WELL AS SOME OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS, ALL DIFFERENT CHURCHES, AND VERY DIVERSE.....MY BROTHERS CHURCH IS VERY VERY STRICT....THEY DO IN FACT BELIEVE HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, YET THEY WELCOME EVERYONE...ONE OF MY AUNTS CHURCHES, ONCE THEY FIND OUT A PERSON IS GAY THEY "POLITELY" ASK THEM TO NOT COME BACK...I DONT AGREE WITH THAT AT ALL BUT I DONT JUDGE THEM I JUST DONT JOIN THEM...

SO THERE IS A TON OF DIFFERENCE FROM ONE PLACE TO THE NET

AMAIN...I AM CERTAIN RUBY WASNT TRYING TO OFFEND....

HUGS TO ALL
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Ruby,
I'm sure what you posted had no intended negative purpose. Unfortunately, along with Clay, politics makes for sticky situations and heated discussions !!!! Here and everywhere!

This was probably a case of "message board faux pax" - meaning that we often THINK an posted message means something other than what the actual intent was - that's a downfall of just reading and not hearing another person's actually voice and intention.

I'm sure Deb was just wanting to make herself clear on her religion and perhaps (I"m kind of assuming) her candidate/party.

Hugs to both of you. hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:21 am

Here is a site to check out where the candidates stand on the issues.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/

Check it out, Heder! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 am

Heder- Also, beware of videos that take statements out of context! wink
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Number of posts : 2074
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:28 pm

abasketclayse wrote:
Ruby,
I'm sure what you posted had no intended negative purpose. Unfortunately, along with Clay, politics makes for sticky situations and heated discussions !!!! Here and everywhere!

This was probably a case of "message board faux pax" - meaning that we often THINK an posted message means something other than what the actual intent was - that's a downfall of just reading and not hearing another person's actually voice and intention.

I'm sure Deb was just wanting to make herself clear on her religion and perhaps (I"m kind of assuming) her candidate/party.

Hugs to both of you. hug

Haven't been on this thread for awhile. Sorry Ruby got insulted. She posted something she found and I was correcting the information. I believe that is allowed. I have been taken out of context so many times but I stay around, i may stay out of a thread for awhile but I don't leave because someone thought or said something different that I. I hope you come back Ruby. I personally feel that Palin has been maligned so much here and other places but I don't leave simply because others talk disrespectful of her. I have a right to my opinion as you do to post yours. I thought since so many of us like facts i would post the facts and not someone's opinoin of the Pentecostal religion. Come on back Ruby no harm was meant towardsyou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Political Thread....Sarah Palin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2