C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Political Thread....Sarah Palin

Go down 
+3
coocooitstrue
Susan
joechgo11
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Political Thread....Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm just wondering if those who were initially so enamored with Sarah Palin are still of that opinion. Just curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 5:50 pm

That would be an excellent question to ask on a Political Message Board. Do you belong to any Cincy?

You seem to enjoy discussing Politics so you should enjoy that type of forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 pm

okay... ill bite. Very Happy

I was never particularly enamored, per say, with Sarah Palin... i did think she was a good choice for an otherwise dying campaign.. do I like her? yes. Do I think she has enough experience to justify a vp nod? probably not. The only way I would have been totally happy with the republican ticket is if Romney had gotten it. Since he didn't, I'm sorta meh.

Having said that, I'd much prefer a republican ticket I'm meh over than a democratic ticket that makes me say "OH HELL NO!!"

Can you tell I"m baiting you Cincy?! It's all in good fun... :) ht
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:17 pm

I like her.
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:27 pm

I like her but I'll be honest...I fear for her. The media isn't interested in hearing what she has to say. They're interested in giving her a pop quiz.

Let's pop quiz Obama, shall we?

I am truly disgusted by the bias in the media. Take a look at the View. The way Obama was treated versus McCain. Give me a freakin' break.

I think that this debate is IT for Palin, one way or another. She either kicks ass or this election is up. She is going up against a seasoned effective debater. This is going to be TOUGH. IF she holds her own, the battle continues. If she comes out ahead, I hope the speculation will die down.

I find it interesting that there have been calls for both VP candidates to step down. What the hell ever happened to loyalty?

I deeply admire Sarah Palin, and I think she's been treated grossly unfair. I want her to shine, and I genuinely believe she can.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:47 pm

I actually haven't seen her speak since the republican convention. I think the debate with Biden will either make or break her. My initial impression was WOW! I'll wait to comment further until after the debate.
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:49 pm

i've never felt enamoured over Sarah Palin, tho i think she speaks, presents very well, and knows how to rev up her Party. McCain/Palin wouldn't have paired up in the first place, if she didn't have good enuf qualifications/experience, to take this huge step upwards in power
i'll be sure to post my opinion again once she debates Biden, but i'm certainly not changing my support based on her recent interviews with Couric or Gibson, which were obviously orchestrated to reflect her in a negative light. shame on Gibson, btw. how dare he ask her if she thinks she's able to handle the VP position, being a mom of 5 kids??
the Bush Doctrine question was meant to trip her up, however.. she should have been more prepared to answer Katie's question about McCain's economy package.

..what's with Biden, btw? he has presented very low key, and has come out with comments contradictory to the Obama platform. then again, HIS VP selection is almost a non-issue, isn't it? the party is relying solely on Obama's popularity to vote them both in.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Number of posts : 2074
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Renee wrote:
I like her but I'll be honest...I fear for her. The media isn't interested in hearing what she has to say. They're interested in giving her a pop quiz.

I am truly disgusted by the bias in the media. Take a look at the View. The way Obama was treated versus McCain. Give me a freakin' break.

I think that this debate is IT for Palin, one way or another. She either kicks ass or this election is up. She is going up against a seasoned effective debater. This is going to be TOUGH. IF she holds her own, the battle continues. If she comes out ahead, I hope the speculation will die down.

i love her still yes. and amen to what you say Renee. It is disgusting the bias that is around. Obama didnt' get this kind of quiz when he first burst on the scene and they are still trying to destroy her. I think you are right Renee she needs to at the bare minimum hold her own and with Biden's propensity for gaffs she could surpass him.
I find it interesting that there have been calls for both VP candidates to step down. What the hell ever happened to loyalty?

I deeply admire Sarah Palin, and I think she's been treated grossly unfair. I want her to shine, and I genuinely believe she can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Renee wrote:

Renee, you are 100% correct in regards to the media. It's an absolute disgrace. It's also very, very sad. I don't know how John McCain didn't just get up and tell them all to go straight to hell. What they did was despicable. Barbara Walters was disgraceful. She didn't once look the man in the eye while she rudely attacked him. It was horrible to watch, they had no respect for the man whatsoever.

They have gone after Sarah Palin in such a hateful and disgusting way my stomach churns just thinking about it. It's like they are set to destroy her no matter what. They went after Hillary too, she should have won, not Obama.

Obama has pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes. People haven't paid any attention to his past, and that's a huge mistake. Biden has made so many blunders and gaffs and it's all gone unnoticed. He was a mess during the Katie Couric Interview and nothing was said about it.....

During an interview with Couric, Biden said that President Franklin Roosevelt had gone on television in 1929 to discuss the Wall Street crash
(Herbert Hoover was president in 1929 and the TV hadn’t been invented yet).

And lets not forget him telling Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham to stand up.
(Graham is confined to a wheelchair) ...

And there are plenty more where they came from. I would also like more honesty from Obama in regards to him being brought up Muslim.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Not a big fan of anyone in this race but I dont see a problem with Biden treating the Senator in the wheelchair like anyone else and not seeing him as a wheelchair first. I kind of admire that. I also think he handled the misstep well.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-&p=Missouri%20State%20Senator%20Chuck%20Graham%20to%20stand%20up&type=
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Uh, Obama was not brought up Muslim. I haven't picked a candidate yet but I just wanted to make that comment. I hate reading incorrect statements.

As for Palin, I think her handlers have stressed her out too much. I think, left to her own devices, she would do just fine in interviews. I think she'll be fine in the debates. The problem has been that by keeping her under wraps, the party has placed undue pressure on her to do well in her all too few interviews. She hasn't had as much time as the other candidates on the tickets to prepare for a national election. I don't expect her to be well versed on everthing. I see that the party is going to let her give more interviews this week which is a good thing. She's a smart woman and can certainly handle herself in interviews under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, a presidential election isn't a normal circumstance.

As for The View, I guess I don't watch it enough. I thought the questions were fine. I think McCain underestimated what the interview would be like since it was a daytime show but I thought they asked legitimate questions. For me, running for President means you should be prepared for any type of questioning under any circumstances unless those questions involve your family which are strictly off limits.
Back to top Go down
katydid

katydid

Number of posts : 9389
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:39 pm

I fear for this country greatly if she has the 2nd position to the Presidency.

I differ with her on everything and there had to be a better choice for vp out there, woman or man.

I think she is good at speaking with patent rehearsed answers, but the interviews show her inability.

The proof is in the debates and I'll be watching for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 pm

I thought this thread was about Palin... nope, not impressed. Obama was not raised Muslim, as some would like to believe and have others believe. I have seen nasty rumors come through my e-mail and that is one of them. I am voting based on the issues and where I agree and don't agree with the candidates. Based on that, I am voting Obama. If I were to try and base it on how people do in interviews, etc... I would be putting my vote in the media's hands (we know how dangerous that can be). SO... find out where the candidates stand on the issues and vote according to what you believe. That is my story and I am sticking to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm

[quote="ExMenudoFan"]Uh, Obama was not brought up Muslim. I haven't picked a candidate yet but I just wanted to make that comment. I hate reading incorrect statements.

Uh, yes he was. His father was Muslim. His Step-Father was Muslim. While living in Indonesia and attending school (yes it was a Catholic school) his religion was listed as "Islam" They had ahowed his school records in at least two Bio's I have seen recently.
He attended Prayer in the Mosque with his step-father. (he even said so himself on his book)

And he has said many times that Wright is the person that brought Christianity into his life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:14 pm

If you have questions about Barack ever being raised Muslim, Snopes gives a very detailed answer: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:03 am

I won't debate politics or religion with friends or family. It's a good way to gain enemies.

But since this is a Clay board, I will only state that Palin and her church believe that gays are sinners. And that they can pray away their sins. I can't remember where I heard her say this, but I did. I didn't read it I heard her say it.

I will just say, this kind of thinking has brought a lot of pain to individuals who through no fault of their own are different.

Many young people, especially boys have suffered to the point of committing suicide. This is not right. I am glad Clay now feels comfortable in his life.

And I am sorry if this offends any of you or your religion. You are certainly entitled to your beliefs as well as I.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 am

mypumpkin58 wrote:
I won't debate politics or religion with friends or family. It's a good way to gain enemies.

But since this is a Clay board, I will only state that Palin and her church believe that gays are sinners. And that they can pray away their sins. I can't remember where I heard her say this, but I did. I didn't read it I heard her say it.

I will just say, this kind of thinking has brought a lot of pain to individuals who through no fault of their own are different.

Many young people, especially boys have suffered to the point of committing suicide. This is not right. I am glad Clay now feels comfortable in his life.

And I am sorry if this offends any of you or your religion. You are certainly entitled to your beliefs as well as I.
\

Thanks to all for their response....I was just curious. But I'm gonna respond to pumpkin ( love u ) because she brings up something that I have always felt and that is that a government leader, be it President, congressman or whatever, or a judge, should not rule or make decisions based on any personal religious belief. I pray for our leaders that they make wise decisions and I have no problem with them praying for strength and guidance, but when it comes to specific issues, I truly believe in a separation of church and state. Although we are a Christian majority nation, I don't think that's what our founding fathers meant when they drafted the Constitution.

Renee, I don't think Obama would have any problem at all with a pop quiz. But I do wonder how McCain would do. I watched the debates and I felt McCain was somewhat likeable and seemed to have a sense of humor. I will go so far as to say that if he IS elected, I won't feel the same sense of dread I felt when Bush won. But I would not feel at all secure with having Palin as second in command......I find her not only ill-informed but lacking in interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:41 am

Just a curious question about Obama.

Why would it matter if he were Muslim? Not trying to start anything just curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:37 am

Terizz wrote:
Just a curious question about Obama.

Why would it matter if he were Muslim? Not trying to start anything just curious.

I don't know if it would matter, only time will tell.....

I don't think Obama would do well with a Pop Quiz. Even during interviews it takes him a while to answer, lots of pausing, stuttering, stammering, ehh's, ahhh's, hmmm, he has a difficult time even when it's scripted.
He tends to pause a lot in just one sentence. After watching him consistently over the past few months I can see why he would not do the town hall's with McCain. He would have sucked. I personally think Town Hall formats are terrific. Allowing "The People" to ask the questions is so much better than any formal debate....
He doesn't do well in a Q & A format.

If you haven't noticed how often Obama Stammers, Stutters, Pauses and hmmm's and Haaa's constantly, pay attention next time and watch how often he does it.

Terizz, it doesn't matter to me, I lived in the Middle East and have a lot of Muslim friends here in the US and abroad. The problem is that when born to a Muslim father, attending school and being considered Muslim because that is what is on your school records.
(in both schools he attended in Indionisia it recorded his religion as Islam.) Below is part of his Biography I seen on TV....

"His former Roman Catholic and Muslim teachers, along with two people who were identified by Obama's grade-school teacher as childhood friends, say Obama was registered by his family as a Muslim at both schools he attended. That registration meant that during the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class.

He also attended Prayer on Fridays at the Mosque with his Step-Father.

I spoke with many of my Muslim friends about the Muslim issue, this is what they explained to me is their position:

"For them, that he was born to a line of Muslim males makes him born a Muslim. Further, all children born with an Arabic name based on the H-S-N trilateral root (Hussein, Hassan, and others) can be assumed to be Muslim, so they will understand Obama's full name, Barack Hussein Obama, to proclaim him a born Muslim".
This is another fact too:
Muslims consider him a murtadd (apostate), that is, a Muslim who converted to another religion and, therefore, someone whose blood may be shed? (In other words, he could be killed for it)

Last edited by Janey on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:00 am

I came across this on my web travels

Additionally, Signorile offered that McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, embraces a Pentecostal faith that is "vehemently antigay" and, it has been reported, is a member of a church that apparently extols ex-gay programming, as evidenced when it recently publicized a Focus on the Family conference in her state
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 am

While I don't agree with Ms. Palin's views on gays or the abortion issue, she has a right to her opinion just like everyone else. I believe it'll be a long time (unfortunately) for gay people to have the rights they so deserve, but it'll happen one day. As far as the abortion issue, whether she or any other candidate is against it is really is a non-issue (for me anyway) I really do not ever see the government being able to overturn the right for a woman to have an abortion.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Number of posts : 2074
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:46 am

Rubylamoon wrote:
I came across this on my web travels

Additionally, Signorile offered that McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, embraces a Pentecostal faith that is "vehemently antigay" and, it has been reported, is a member of a church that apparently extols ex-gay programming, as evidenced when it recently publicized a Focus on the Family conference in her state

wrong wrong wrong. I was raised pentecostal and i am getting tired of our faith said like its a witchcraft type of religion. Those of you who say whats wrong with being muslin then whats wrong with pentecostals. Sorry this upsets me. The faith does say that homosexuality is a sin but all have welcomed into the church. I have never seen anyone turned away based on preferences. Of course there are ranges of the pentecostal but all in all they believe the same. We welcome and pray that whatever sin is done that the person will ask for forgiveness. I have my beliefs about homosexuality but they are mine just as palin has hers and would not rule based ont hat. where do you get the idea she would govern with her beliefs anymore than obama would govern with his beliefs whatever they are. muslin or that preacher in chicago that preaches hatred. why is that worse than palins church preaching against gays. If i am to assume that palin will govern with her beliefs then i sure would be nervous about obama being President with all the hatred delivered from the pulpit of his church of 25 years. Palin has a right to go to whatever church she wants and to have her beliefs and i see no where where she would govern other than what is the law. I don't attend a pentecostal church now my family does and we are not a cult. we believe in the bible, in God's word, we believe in the sanctity of marriage, like others. Most are not all sos narrowminded as i have read on boards or the media. that makes me sick. I am tired of all the double standards. obamas religion is ok but her's is not. Before anyone knocks palin's religion maybe go to a church and see for yourself instead of writing what may have been read. i have no idea if palin or her church in this focus on the family try to reprogram gays or not. I suppose if a gay person wants to try and change maybe it did happen but i'd have to see the circumstance surrounding that. i don't believe they go and try to recruit gays to reprogram.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:24 pm

I agree that the media is full of bias. Fortunately (I guess) it goes both ways. I'm really worried about Palin, She came on with such confidence at the convention. It seemed to be her greatest asset. It had the Republicans cheering and the Democrats scared. She seemed fine while giving that speech, verbatim, for several weeks. She was undaunted by the the "truth-o-meters" disputing the facts she was presenting. But it seems now that she has had to venture beyond that initial speech, her confidence is waning. I don't feel as John McCain does, that the interview questions are "gottcha" questions, They are the things we all want to know before we vote and are being asked of all the candidates. I have no doubt that the media loves to "gotcha" any candidate, but I'm not interested in their silly games. I'm very interested in the answers to the questions. Her answers to some recent interview questions have been characterized as embarrassing to even some of her own party members. Maybe she will be able to turn it around at the debate.

Last edited by ClaysFayevorite on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:29 pm

I think she may be a woman of promise in the future, but at this time and with current experience, the VP spot is all a bit too much a bit too soon. She does provide a good visual (and I don't just mean that she's pretty) - she can exuberate confidence and toughness, but it's not believable to me yet... snk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:56 pm

this is very educational....THANK U ALL

heder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Political Thread....Sarah Palin   A Political Thread....Sarah Palin Empty

Back to top Go down

A Political Thread....Sarah Palin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next