C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and

Go down 
+2
abasketclayse
catz-4clay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
catz-4clay

catz-4clay

Number of posts : 11531
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and Empty
PostSubject: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:16 pm

This is so sad that he being such a "role model" will now be losing his endorsements after reaching the pinnacle of his dreams. I don't have a problem with whatever people (not in the limelight) do behind their own doors in the privacy of their own home. BUT for Michael to do this is so disappointing and not good judgment whatsoever. He gained so many fans during the Olympics, I feel badly about the bad example he's portrayed now to the younger fans looking up to him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/02/sports/othersports/02phelps.html?ref=sports Sad
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Not the best judgement, yes, but it doesn't really take anything away from him IMO - he followed the rules (it appears) during his sport (drug testing and all) and that cannot be denied.

Young people are learning often lately that with all the perks of social networking (facebook, myspace, etc.) and all the technology (internet, cell phones, etc) that there are also downfalls. One of them is that anyone with a cellphone with a camera on it (most of them) becomes automatic "paparazzi". Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Bless his heart. He works his butt off for these competitions and he has a little down time last November and he lets down his guard at a college party.

Speedo has already come out and said it doesn't make any difference to them and they will still honor his contract.

A Swiss watch maker said it was a private matter and makes no difference to them. And they too will continue to have him endorse their watches.

So, I guess he will be ok. I am sure he has learned his lesson.
He is a great young man. His Mom I a sure is upset, that probably hurts him more than anything. He loves his Mom and I am sure he was more concerned about her than he was for himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 pm

I agree that his mom's reaction will be far worse than any fan reaction.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 pm

He'll be just fine. What he did is no big deal whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 pm

On the way to school my 16 year old son and I always listen to "Mike and Mike" a sports show (one day my son hopes it will be "Mike and Mike and Drew" wink ) on the radio. They were talking about the Phelps "situation".

They were saying that the matter seems to be of more concern to uber upper-middle class parents and kids who are on the swim team circuit --- he has been up on their pedestal to "model" for their kids. And some of them are very upset by this.

I don't get it. He should still be up there. Bad choice for a public figure at a public place, yes. Illegal, yes. Poll all those parents who are upset and see how many of them, during their college years tried something illegal - pot, underage drinking, smoking - whatever. Bet the % would be high.

I see this as a teachable moment. I would use this as an opportunity to talk to my child about mistakes, social awareness, peer pressure, maintaining control during social situations and also about how to recover from your mistakes. And then I would say get your butt in the pool and swim like you are the next Michael Phelps.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:20 pm

joechgo1 wrote:
He'll be just fine. What he did is no big deal whatsoever.

ythat www
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Personally, I think the folks ranting & raving about this (and I don't mean here) are hypocritical. No one is *perfect.* And I heard last night that two-thirds of Americans have smoked pot.

With all the horrible stuff going on in the world, why this is even a newsworthy story is beyond me.

It also seems to me that people and the media will build up a person to a lofty level, and then will step all over themselves to tear that same person down.

I believe Michael is human, and he's 23. Again, what he did is no big deal.

Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and Large_3FEBRUARY09TOON

fffffffdfdfdfdf
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:42 pm

cof
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:28 pm

I see this as a teachable moment. I would use this as an opportunity to talk to my child about mistakes, social awareness, peer pressure, maintaining control during social situations and also about how to recover from your mistakes. [size=24][/size] << THAT!!

such a shame, that once you're in the public eye, all kinds of stuff can come out from your past. i understand Michael had a DUI also, when he was younger. i forget how old he was at the time.

all water under the bridge. what's important is how Phelps portrays himself hereon in, after being such a success at the Olympics. i think he'll be just fine thu
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Inside Edition today had a segment about Michael Phelps. He was going to practice swimming....and he had longer hair. NICE!
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Joe, was your gaydar on??? wink (just couldn't resist!)
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh no....not Mikey!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm with Joe on this one, what's the big deal. Besides from what I could see, technically it was a bong not a pipe!!! tongue www
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:15 pm

exacadacally , i mean the bigger concern should be for the weight gain he'll get from eating all the munchies not that id know you get the munchies from bongiing snk
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:24 pm

I have no problem with the suspension if its because he had a legitimate test for a specific reason but if its simply because of a picture

nuh uh - nope - bad bad bad

in this day and age ? nada nope can't fly.
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and   Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana with a pipe and
Page 1 of 1