C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm

(....for now, at least.......)

hrrr
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 4:21 pm

wink Are you making this stuff up???!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Unfortuantely, I typed the heading in wrong, and he's only ahead by 22 votes...but I'm holding out for the 55!

Steady as he goes...onward and upward! I'll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:30 pm

spongie wrote:
Unfortuantely, I typed the heading in wrong, and he's only ahead by 22 votes...but I'm holding out for the 55!

What do you like about Frankin politically? You seem very excited about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:31 pm

Janey wrote:
spongie wrote:

What do you like about Frankin politically? You seem very excited about him.

Hey, Janie! I wrote this about Frankin a few weeks ago, but you must have missed it. Very Happy wink

The story of the Coleman/Frankin Senatorial election is the stuff of lyric poems or Shakespearean intrigue. It starts with a good prince who is prematurely cut down in his prime and his kingdom taken over by a rival. Six years later, his rival's reign is opposed by his successor to the throne, and the fate of the kingdom's rule lies at the hand of the tiny shoemaker who lives in the shadow of the castle.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the mood for lyric poems, so I'll just do a bullet point.....

*Paul Wellstone, a popular two term Senator in a progressive state, is killed along with his wife and daughter in a small engine airline crash just 11 days before he was expected to win his third term to the Senate. (This was six years ago).

*Minnesota law says that a dead candidate cannot run, so Walter Mondale is appointed to run in his stead, and Republican Norm Coleman is elected to the post by the narrowest of margins (not as narrow is the Coleman/Franken election, but close nonetheless).

*On the issues, Coleman is a good Bushie, and voted over 90% with Bush.

*In 2008, Coleman ran the dirtiest campaign Minnesota has seen in some time, if ever. This is one of the reason why I am pushing Franken. Dirty politics should not be rewarded.

*I've watched Al Franken since 1975 when he first appeared as a writer on Saturday Night Live, listened to him on his Air America Radio, and read three of his books. (Including "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them .") I think I have a pretty good read on the man.

*Franken supports an enactment for every child in America to receive health care coverage immediately. He believes that private pensions and social security should be protected, wants to cut tax breaks for oil companies, increase money available for college students and cut interest rates on student loans.

*As a progressive Democrat, a very vocal "call a spade a spade" kind of guy, and having opening and repeatedly bearded the Hannity/Limbaugh/O'Reilly lion in his den, I doubt that you would like Al Franken, Jane, but he warms the cockles of my little progressive heart...

*Franken is for change, but change does not nessecarily mean a whole new never thought of before thinking, it can also mean a change to things being different from what they are right now. I liked the Clinton years, nothing wrong with appointing those who supported the Clinton presidency. I also like seeing tried and true people on Obama staff who know the ropes. (And how many people working with George W also worked with his dad and Reagan?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 1:46 am

Quote :
*Franken is for change, but change does not nessecarily mean a whole new never thought of before thinking, it can also mean a change to things being different from what they are right now

Well, when I hear a promise of "change" that is exactly what I expect, real change. Obama ran on the promise of change that he was going to bring to the White House. We heard it day and day out for 2 years, change, change, change.

He promised it would not be politics as usual. And yet, it looks more and more like another 4 years of the Clinton Administration. He didn't tell us he was going to take some old idea's and do them in a different way - He said he was going to bring change. And so far he hasn't.

Making excuses for his lack of imagination in finding new qualified people to fill his cabinet is very telling. It's like the Clinton Administration all over again, and with Hillary too.

Quote :
The Obama administration has absolutely nothing to do with the people Bill Clinton or George Bush chose for their administration...This is about the "Change" Obama promised if he were to be elected.

I liked the Clinton years, nothing wrong with appointing those who supported the Clinton presidency. I also like seeing tried and true people on Obama staff who know the ropes. (And how many people working with George W also worked with his dad and Reagan?)

We aren't talking about who Reagan, Bush Sr. Clinton, or our current President Bush,,.....It doesn't matter who they hired.

This is about Obama. This is about now and the future, not the past. It was supposed to be about new idea's, and a fresh new approach to running the country with Obama at the helm.

To me he hasn't a clue, I thought he was going to do as he promised for almost 2 years and shake-up Washington.

A complete break from politics as usual, not the same old Washington insiders. I, and others that I have spoken with (a few die hard Clinton fan's among them) are already disappointed in Obama. They also expected a new administration, fresh blood, not the same old tired people from 8 years ago.

As Biden said during the primary's "Obama isn't ready to be President" As Hillary said during the Primary Debate's "Obama is Naive"
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:03 am

Just gotta put my two cents in even though it's not the topic of the thread....

Obama doesn't even take office for weeks - and you expected changes on your plate already? He has met with some world leaders. He is gathering staff, making a game plan, setting up FOR CHANGE.

As a supporter, I continue to be amazed at the regular communication I receive at least weekly from his team giving me updates and keeping me informed on what he is doing pre-taking term.

As for his "team", a new "boss" can bring new motivation. Seeing things they may have worked for before falling apart in the last few years, can bring new motivation. The fact that they are still in politics and haven't been ousted for whatever and continue to work for our country is IMO worth giving them another chance.

I choose to keep my glass half-full!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Barack Obama is negative 47 days from being the new president, and we are already upset that there hasn't been more change?

Wow, talk about a tough crowd! Very Happy

He's already broken from "business as usual" by picking a bipartisan cabinet. He has some of the Clinton crowd, is keeping on many of the Bush appointees, and his own inner circle are being placed in top positions (the new blood you seem so eager to see...wink ).

Hillary Clinton is an interesting appointee. She may have shared a bed with Bill, but the U S was very clear on what they wanted a First Lady to do, and that was bake chocolate chip cookies, not organize National Health Care. I would not consider her one of the "Clinton Cabinet."

Hillary has certainly made her own way, her own history, and it has nothing to do with Bill Clinton. She is the Senator from New York, and a front runner in this presidential election. She will also be doing what Obama directs her to, as will the rest of his cabinet. Whichever other administrations, either the right or the left, this cabinet will be functioning under the Obama directive, not the Clinton directive (and I think they will find Obama to be more centralist than Clinton was.)

I'm not getting upset over any of this. Yes, there will be the right wing complaining about Obama, and soon there will also be the left wing complaining. A friend of mine in the Senate said, "You know you are doing a good job when both sides think you decided for the other guy."

Obama has 4 years to make a change, and hopefully another 4 years after that.

I don't expect him to make a change five weeks before he's the president!

(Although the day after he announced his new financial team, the Dow Jones when way up! So I guess he is already is making a change! wink )

Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm good with the ' change '

The change needs to come from Obama not the people around him. Those people just need to know thier stuff and so far I think he's picked great people to ' know their stuff '
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:48 pm

I just read this in the Washington Post:

Quote :
A Gallup poll conducted on Monday showed that nearly eight in ten (78 percent) approved of the way Obama is handling the transition with a scant 13 percent disapproving.

I don't expect that number to remain this high, but certainly not many people are concerned or upset about the way Obama is handling things to this point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:17 pm

So is Franken still ahead???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:52 pm

Still ahead, Janey, by four votes!

There are still around 3,000-6,000 votes to be counted (or not counted....these are the votes both sides have questioned, or are being decided by the state if they will be counted or not.)

For instance, Coleman has questioned every vote for Al Frankin where the voter also voted for McCain......like there is no way the voters of Minnesota would not vote a straight party ticket, so Coleman thinks those votes must be tossed out. Crazy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:43 am

For me Al will always be STUART SMALLEY. I can't take him serious. I look at him and all I can see is him looking in that mirror saying,
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and God Dang they love me"

Sorry, I can't look at him without laughing....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:34 pm

Sorry, I still don't find the man at all interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!   Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Frankin ahead by 55 points!!!!
Page 1 of 1