C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million Empty
PostSubject: Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million   Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Quote :
Literary agents are queueing up to sign her to a book deal that could earn her up to $7million.

With Barack Obama's election victory certain to generate dozens of volumes from politicians, strategists and journalists - and with another shelfload of memoirs expected from members of President George W Bush's administration - Palin's personal account of her tumultuous introduction to national politics is widely regarded as the book most likely to repay a multi-million-dollar advance.

"She's poised to make a ton of money," said Howard Rubenstein, New York's best-known public relations adviser.]

Now she can buy her own shoes! wink
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million   Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:33 pm

That's a lot of cash.

Not to bring up the thing about the clothes again, but I didn't get the aftermath of the clothes thing. She had to give the clothes back??? Why? Who is going to take them now???? I didn't agree with the purchase of so many/so much, but I sure don't get that she has to return them....
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million   Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Simple damage control for the future I would imagine. How do we make this look good guys ? Well, we could donate them to charity auctions . . . Yeah yeah thats it. Good thinking.

I doubt McCain is giving back any clothes he wore in the campaign. I see no reason whatsoever for the campaign to fund her wardrobe in the first place or for her to accept such a thing. Why didn't she simply say . . . no thanks, I have all the clothes I need or cough up the bucks to look good on her own. It comes back somewhere . . . like in book deals and highly paid government jobs and favors. Bite the bullet and dress yourself. I'd be downright pissed if my campaign contribution went to dressing someone and make-up artists.
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million   Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 pm

It has to do with ethics rules on how monies raised in a political campaign can be spent, and years ago it was decided that the money could not "enrich" the candidates. The money has to be all spent on the campaign, the candidate can not "keep the spoils." So a candidate could not buy a car (or a jet) with campaign monies and keep it after the election.

This would mean that the money spent for hair and makeup during the campaign is okay, and clothing as well as long as it does not enrich Palin.

So she does not get to keep the clothing. Pretty straight forward...except it seems to have come as a surprise to Palin et al.

Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million   Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:00 pm

ah I see Sponge !

Well she has 7 million waiting so I guess shes good anyway. Better stores ahead and I'll bet they are just dying to see her again.
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million   Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million Empty

Back to top Go down

Palin Book Deal Said To Be Worth $7 Million
Page 1 of 1