C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Don't Want to be Like THEM

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Jane, I want to know why he won't/didn't pass a security clearance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
I'm not mocking you Jane - I'm answering you.

And what in the heck where you suggesting then with your references to Revelation and how he would come out of nowhere, etc . . .
what then were you referring to ?

I'm not playing the race card, Jane. The man is black. He made history being the first African American president of the United States. You can expect a whole lot of hoopla for that.

You're the one afraid of him. . . what is it exactly about him that instills fear ? His elequonce and mastery of the English language ? His fashion sense ? Maybe its the fact that he wants everyone to get a chance to eat this week. . . oh yeah and be able to go to a doctor. Scary stuff indeed.

What is it you are afraid of ? And why are you now back-pedaling after throwing the word Anti-Christ and descriptions of it from the Bible.

I don't get it Jane

But it scares me a whole lot more than Obama does.

What does the Bible tell you to do when faced with the evil one who will come out of nowhere and make everyone listen to him. . .

or do I even want to know.

~~~~~~~~~

What the Bible tells us to do is believe in Christ, I am sure you knew that already. I understand you saying you don't get it, and that's ok. I am sure when the time is right it will all make sense to you.

By the way Morgan, why are you scared?

As long as you believe in God, accept him as your Savior and of course ask his forgiveness for all your sins you will be saved and you have no reason to be scared.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Where do you hear I'm scared ?

You're not making a bit of sense to me today Jane.

I'm afraid of dogs. . . does that count ? Kind of scared of getting old and feeble . . . that count ?
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 am

abasketclayse wrote:
Jane, I want to know why he won't/didn't pass a security clearance.

Obama would have a problem for many reasons in obtaining a Security Clearance.
For example his affiliation with known Domestic Terrorists (Ayers and his Wife)
and Khalidi, a PLO spokesperson.

When Pete was in The Marine Corp. and stationed in Spain he was required to have a Security Clearance.

The Government often hires outside contractors for certain work, the people directly involved in the work will have to get security clearance. THe entire company wont have to, just those that are involved in the work for the Government.

Below is a short example of what a Secret Security Clearance is and a Security Clearance is and who may require one:

Who requires a Security Clearance?

Basically, anyone who
requires access to classified information to perform their duties. If
your job requires you to have access to CONFIDENTIAL information, you
would require a CONFIDENTIAL Security Clearance.

If your job requires
you to have access to SECRET information, you would require to have a
SECRET Security Clearance, etc.
For military personnel, two things
determine the level of security clearance required; your
MOS/AFSC/Rating (Job), and your assignment.

Many military jobs
require access to classified information, regardless of where one is
assigned.

In other cases, the job itself may not require a Security
Clearance, but the particular location or unit that the person is
assigned to would require giving access to classified information and
material.
Each of the Presidents and Vice Presidents Staff will require a Security a Clearance before they can even begin to work in the White House.
The level of Clearance they get depends on their actual job and what they have access to.

Those doing the background checks will check out everything, their honesty, their finances, their credit, all their affiliations in business, they will speak friends, they depending on the type of clearance will speak to neighbors, they will check on their relationships with other individuals, organizations, friends, they will actually talk to family and friends.

They will check into their consumption of drugs and alcohol and drugs. (that's in case they should get drunk or high and spill the beans so to speak) - on classified information... ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 2:14 am

Morgan ht thu

I can remember in the early 50's there had been a number of fires reported in the media. A young classmate of mine came to school and reported to the teacher and the class that the world was coming to an end. Her parents read about it in the Bible and that we should all be afraid. We are still here and there are a lot more fires in recent history than there were back then.

The Bible can be interpreted in many ways, usually according to the readers own beliefs.

I am also amazed at the fear that some people have of this man that we have elected our next president.

I made up my own mind about who I voted for, not by reading a lot of inuendo's or media endorsements. I find him a very knowledgeable and intellegent person who is planning to surround himself with the best people possible for the good of the country. He may even find a position for John McCain.

I just hope people will give him that chance.

By the way I was a big fan of the first President Bush and Barbara Bush is one of my all time favorite ladies.

When Bill Clinton was elected I was very upset and had a hard time accepting the next four years of listening to this man. Anyhow, I still survived the next eight years. Many people adored him. I was not a fan of either Bill or Hillary.

I guess I will say what Clay Aiken has said many times to his screaming fans, "Calm Down People Calm Down"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Well if you want to be technical about it, he is not Africian-American. His mother was white, so that makes him a Halfrican-American. Just a play on words, anyway, I think the word is Malato, probably spelled that totally wrong. His color is not the problem, not with me anyway, it's his principles or lack of that I have a problem with. But I respect his position, and will take a wait and see stance at this point.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Interesting observation Gift

not truly sure exactly what African-American exactly means but if it means you are American with descendents in Africa than surely he is that.

Interesting question - anyone know what Obama calls himself ?
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Barack.

(sorry, just HAD to do it!!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 pm

I call him prez....LOL

or Barak works too...
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 am

Basket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I asked for it.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Number of posts : 2074
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Renee wrote:
Morgan Rowan wrote:
Maybe its the fact that he wants everyone to get a chance to eat this week. . .

stun

Morgan, please tell me you were kidding here. Please.

i'm with you Renee, wow, thats definately a wow statement. Bush bashing will soon come to an end. He has been blamed for everything and he is President so I guess thats the way it goes. I just hope that when things go against Obama you place the blame squarely on his shoulders instead of blaming Bush, which i am almost sure it will be anyway. Bush has kept us all safe for 7 years now. I can also state to you that during the years of Carter, Bush Sr and Clinton my father's machine shop almost went under but under this Bush's administration it is thriving and building. So not all is bad. Bush is agreat man and I believe that history will look back and will vindicate him. I'd love to be around when it happens. I won't discuss Obama it is what it is. he is gonna do what he is gonna do. I will be watching very closely that my rights are not taken away under his presidency.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Amain, could you please tell me where that statement is Bush Bashing ?
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:

I've seen Bush Bashing on this board often. To me this is an example here

I have done my best to respect the president we have had for the last 8 years but in my opinion he's done little to earn it. We have seen attacks on our homeland, rising costs, jobs and homes lost and lives ruined in those years. The trend continues unabated thus far. What exactly should I be thankful for in Bush's administration ?

I find it offensive. He's done good things and some bad decisions were made. I'm sure you don't see the above remarks as bashing but I do. I'm being honest. I also disagree with you on Obama's associations but i'm sure you know that. I think he lacks judgement. It seems to be something he does often. I hope he knows what he is doing with his vast lack of experience but he will be President.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm

But Morgan's whole statement/whole post above that included the "wants everyone to have a chance to eat" doesn't even mention Bush in it.....uns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 6:31 pm

amainachen wrote:
Renee wrote:
Morgan Rowan wrote:
Maybe its the fact that he wants everyone to get a chance to eat this week. . .

stun

Morgan, please tell me you were kidding here. Please.

i'm with you Renee, wow, thats definately a wow statement. Bush bashing will soon come to an end. He has been blamed for everything and he is President so I guess thats the way it goes. I just hope that when things go against Obama you place the blame squarely on his shoulders instead of blaming Bush, which i am almost sure it will be anyway. Bush has kept us all safe for 7 years now. I can also state to you that during the years of Carter, Bush Sr and Clinton my father's machine shop almost went under but under this Bush's administration it is thriving and building. So not all is bad. Bush is agreat man and I believe that history will look back and will vindicate him. I'd love to be around when it happens. I won't discuss Obama it is what it is. he is gonna do what he is gonna do. I will be watching very closely that my rights are not taken away under his presidency.

I agree, History will tell a completely different story than we are being led to believe at the moment.

If Clinton had stood up to the terrorists when they attacked the U.S. during his Presidency there is a chance that maybe 9/11 wouldn't have happened. I use the words "chance" and "maybe" because we will never know for sure.

But every time they attacked it got bigger and more daring, why did it take what happened on 9/11 to get our attention?

Remember all of these attacks before 9/11 while Clinton was in office?
1. The 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured
1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted
down and punished.

2. The 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military
personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down
and punished.

3. The 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19
and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible
would be hunted down and punished.

4. The 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224
and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted
down and punished.

5. The 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured
39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted
down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise after each of those attacks, an estimated 5,000 people in
New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. who are now dead would be
alive today.So many innocent lives lost because Clinton didn't have the courage to keep his promise.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:04 pm

amainachen wrote:
Morgan Rowan wrote:

I've seen Bush Bashing on this board often. To me this is an example here

I have done my best to respect the president we have had for the last 8 years but in my opinion he's done little to earn it. We have seen attacks on our homeland, rising costs, jobs and homes lost and lives ruined in those years. The trend continues unabated thus far. What exactly should I be thankful for in Bush's administration ?

I find it offensive. He's done good things and some bad decisions were made. I'm sure you don't see the above remarks as bashing but I do. I'm being honest. I also disagree with you on Obama's associations but i'm sure you know that. I think he lacks judgement. It seems to be something he does often. I hope he knows what he is doing with his vast lack of experience but he will be President.

So its in the whole quote ok I at least understand somewhat now except for the bashing part.

Question
Did I say anything that was untrue - be specific please
Did I say something personal about Bush's personal character
Did I suggest he wanted those things to happen ?

Now please compare that to your statement about Obama.

Sorry I dont see the the Bush Bashing

criticism. . . of course . . .. even the best of presidents doesnt always get it right so there will be criticisms no matter how you feel but sorry I dont see bashing in my statement anywhere.
Did I stick to facts
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 pm

obviously we see so differently. I see a comment that he has done little to deserve being President as very disrespectful. As for Obama i stated questioning his associations. Those are facts and facts he hasn't addressed. I see alot to be thankful for. I have been kept safe for 7 years under President Bush, my children are safe. I think thats alot to be very thankful for. I have a job. I am paying my bills. I think he has worked very hard for this country. He has made mistakes, as all Presidents do but he has done alot for us too. I will post only in the other thread if I have anything to say. I have had enough of Palin bashing, bush whatever you want to call it. So its better for me to just post if i have anything to add in the clay threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:39 pm

I don't see where those responsible for the 9/11 attacks have been hunted down and punished (unless you think those terrorists who died were punished). Saddam Hussein was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks, and ben Laden, who did take resonsibilty, is still at large. The terrorists were not Iranians, they were Saudi Arabians.

Just trying to see where Clinton not "keeping his promise after those attacks." is any different than Bush, who also didn't hunt down and punish ben Laden.
Back to top Go down
joechgo11

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:57 pm

President Bush is the very first president to actively fight back against the terrorists. Since the terrorists do not represent a country, the war cannot be fought along traditional lines. The only way to smoke out the terrorists is to knock out their support pilings. The war in Iraq was justified by the WMD reports. President Bush was NOT the only person who accepted the reports, although some of the criticisms darn near imply he wrote the reports themselves.

The truth is the war in Iraq has weakened the Terrorist support networks, it kept the battle THERE instead of fighting the terrorists HERE. At least he fought instead of just saying "we'll get you" and doing nothing.

As stated before, I believe history will view President Bush as the very first President to tackle Extreme Islamist Terrorism, and hopefully ending, before it began, a second Dark Ages of civilization.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:58 pm

well just for the record so my "bash" is correctly stated - I said I did my best to respect him but he did little to earn my respect ( not the presidency )

Anyway, its a new day and I'm hoping for all the reluctance to disappear in a sea of success in the next years. Will it happen ? Who knows but sure would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 pm

OK so here I go stepping into it again. . .

Please understand I am asking this question to open dialog and NOT to criticize anyone's thinking or beliefs . . .

so here I go walking into quicksand. . .

Renee, you're a devout Christian. How can you condone killing ?

Killing people in a preemptive strike to save yourself or your freedoms is still murder. In my opinion if God wanted them dead he knows how to do it Himself not to mention the innocent lives that will die along the way in the game plan.

princess runs to hide under bed

curtn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Gotta agree to disagree here, I won't say what I want to say about Bush, just glad he is finished, and the country seems to have survived, albiet not prospered. Now to move forward, onward and upward......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:11 pm

ENOUGH KILLING ON BOTH SIDES......

THE TERRORIST WHO BLES UP THE TRADE CENTER AND OTHER PLACES KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE JUST AS WHEN WE BOMBED AREAS WE KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE AS WELL, I KNOW LOTS OF IRAQIS AND AFGHANIES (SP) WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE TALIBAN AND TERRORIST LIFE....

ITS ALL SO INCREDIBALLY SAD ON BOTH SIDES REALLY.....

WAR IS A HORRIBLE THING FOR ALL INVOLVED, BUT ESPECIALLY THE INNOCENT ONES....

SO SAD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Slow clap, Hedder, slow clap......
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 pm

I would think the real challenge would be to get them to stop wanting to kill us rather than give them a reason to hate us more.

But then I'm a Bliss Ninny and full of peace, love and woodstock most of the time.

I say the answer lies in the Game Boy.

honest

lol

Don't drop bombs on those people, drop Game Boys. Good luck trying to get the kid's attention to learn to kill real people after having the pleasure of mind numbing game play. And where to get them ? Take them from the hands of our young would be killing two birds with one stone.

Simplistic yes but I truly believe it would end the years of father to son hatred. Hopefully we dont send graphic killing games with them of course.

ok so I'm a dreamer - lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Want to be Like THEM   I Don't Want to be Like THEM - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Don't Want to be Like THEM
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
C *A *P *C *H :: KITCHEN / politics, hot subjects-
Jump to: