C *A *P *C *H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C *A *P *C *H

Home of the Click Chicks and Joe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Undecided

Go down 
+4
abasketclayse
amainachen
Morgan Rowan
joechgo1
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
joechgo1

joechgo1

Number of posts : 18485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Undecided   Undecided EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 pm

I always wondered why people would be "undecided" this close to an election, but, here I am......very undecided.

I won't go into details as to why I am unhappy with BOTH candidates (and their running mates).

Just wondered if I'm alone in being undecided at this point?
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Number of posts : 16603
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Nope youre not alone

tie me up and put a weapon to my head and I'd vote for Obama. That's as close as I can get.

At this point ( ducks tomatoes dt ) I'd be more voting against McCain/Palin than actually voting for Obama/Biden.
Back to top Go down
https://clickchicks.niceboard.com
amainachen

amainachen

Number of posts : 2074
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm very secure in my vote for McCain/Palin. They are not gonna win unfortunately. So I'm afraid I'll be praying alot because i truly fear for this country come January. Good luck
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, you all might be surprised, but I'm leaning towards voting for McCain/Palin. It goes against my normal voting history, but I'm not party specific when I vote; I always vote for who I think is best.

As my senator, Obama hasn't impressed me at all. He's basically run for president during his senatorial term, and that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I'm also very concerned about his connections, which include a domestic terrorist who just released a new book saying that he should have planted more bombs back then, a racist preacher of which Obama was a church member, and a political racketeer.

At least, in my opinion, McCain is an American hero. I just wish he wasn't so flip-floppy on some important issues.

I'm confused!
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Well I wouldn't vote for Obama because of his politics. I just think he's the better leader of the two. Given the current state of the country, I don't see either of them being very effective. I know feelings run high about Palin but please those of you who support her please try to remember we all have opinions and I'm not trying to just diss her but rather give my opinion - I don't think she's a strong leader or the face of this country and it scares me to think of her in such a place of power. It scares me to think of ANY of them but her most of all.

I also am not impressed with McCain picking her as a running mate. I think his only purpose was to ' out-celebrity' Obama and that to me is a poor decision for running the country.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Number of posts : 20381
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:52 pm

The President will also only be as good as the people he puts around him.

Sadly, it seems, no matter who wins, it's almost a "no-win" for them - months down the road the honeymoon may-will be over and even people who voted for them will be bi_ching cause apparently some people expect a President to take care of all of our problems. Kind of like people blaming teachers for kids not learning instead of parents. Just on a larger scale.

Joe (and others) - if you are undecided, perhaps you might want to tune into CBS tomorrow night - Tuesday, Oct 29 - Barack has bought 30 minutes of airtime for (I guess) his final statements. May make no difference to you/others, but thought I"d offer that up.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Here it is another day, and I've changed my mind yet again! LOL

I was at the doctor and we were talking politics (I ht my dr.). He brought up some good points.

I'll probably decide in the booth. I hate being so undecided!
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Morgan Rowan wrote:
Well I wouldn't vote for Obama because of his politics. I just think he's the better leader of the two. Given the current state of the country, I don't see either of them being very effective. I know feelings run high about Palin but please those of you who support her please try to remember we all have opinions and I'm not trying to just diss her but rather give my opinion - I don't think she's a strong leader or the face of this country and it scares me to think of her in such a place of power. It scares me to think of ANY of them but her most of all.

I also am not impressed with McCain picking her as a running mate. I think his only purpose was to ' out-celebrity' Obama and that to me is a poor decision for running the country.

I guess we all have our opinions for sure but she is just as qualified as Obama and he will be President. No matter how you look at it. He speaks well, but that does not make a President. We have no idea who he will put in the cabinet and that scares the h e l l out of me. Palin is no dummy she didn't get as far as she has by being a dummy and its very sad how picked on this person has gotten. I will be out in full force on election day taking as many as i can to the poll. Do i think it will matter. No. I unfortunately think we will have a leader who has no experience and the experience he does has and the associations he does has lead me to believe he makes very bad choices and has for many many years and still doesn't own up to it. That is very concerning. I will defend Palin no matter what so post away. She can't be mistreated anymore than she already has and that is very sad. My only hope is that they win and she shows everyone exactly how great a vp she is.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:21 pm

One thing that concerns me about Sarah Palin is her stand against a woman's right to choose as well as her opinions about gay people.

No offense to her supporters. She concerns me big time, and she's merely a heartbeat away from the highest office in our country. I also believe she's hurt McCain's campaign. Keep hearing how she is sending out one message that conflicts with McCain's message.

Picking a pretty much unknown running mate now seems like McCain was attempting to one-up the Dems because Hillary didn't get to be on the ticket.
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:32 pm

The whole process is very interesting.

Take our board for instance - many well informed, well-educated, rounded people. Yet so many different opinions/outlooks. What is black and white for one person, is clouded for another.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Please try to understand that everyone has opinions and that is not some sort of prejudice against a particular candidate as a person but simply a statement of how someone might see it . .

McCain needed a stronger running mate thats all and one that wasnt so obviously campaigning strategy. Palin might someday be a great VP or even president but that day is not now in my opinion and I dont believe McCain picked her for her skills. He picked her for her ability to pull the media to his campaign. Even if she was a stronger politician I'd still say it was a poor choice for McCain to pick his running mate because A they are a woman and B they are camera pleasing. Its really hard to see anything else that points to her as the best choice ( unless of course 160 people asked first all said no . . . and well maybe . . .)

Obama might be in a similar situation where he was picked for his media draw and like-ability but there still was some voter input into putting him in the running. He wasn't just picked by someone. And even if he is just a pretty face for people to warm to, he has shown himself to be a powerful leader. The media is going to throw jabs at those who leave themselves open to them. Obama has not shown a weak side that can be attacked like that to the degree that Palin has.
Back to top Go down
amainachen

amainachen

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:43 pm

yes Morgan Obama was definately picked by someones for sure. He came from nowhere and in less than 2 years is running for President. WHY. Sure isn't because he is experienced. So criticize Palin all you care too. It doesn't add up. You can't pick apart her lack of experience and ignore Obama's. They are both inexperienced. Obama however will be running this country. But this together with his lack of ability to pick people to help further his political career like Ayer, Farragon and on and on its very concerning. As for Palin's view on abortion, it is just that just as Obama has his view. Why is her's wrong. She believes pro life he doesn't. She doesn't believe that gay marriage should be legalized but does support gay rights. I just know that i have never felt fear like I do right now. I didn't support Clinton but i wasn't fearful of his presidency. This man scares me, his associations, his refusal to release his birth certificate and who are the people not releasing this tape in la. la times had no problem releasing a tape they got on Gov of Califl but for Obama they will wait till after the election. Sorry it is known to be out there release it. If there is nothing to be worried about why hide it. Unfortunately Obama almost lost to Hilary, she came on a little to late so he was almost beaten in the Primary. We disagree on his weakness Morgan. He has the media in his pocket so nothing is being reported that is all. While everything they can find is being slung at the Republicans. 79percent of Media is giving favorable reporting versus 32 to McCain. Think that doesn't distort. Combine that with a promise that McCain and Obama had with campaign fundraising which he has gone back on. Now he is lowering his 250k to 150k for tax increases. Believe me that 150k will lower too. This is just the start.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Where does the media gain by siding with anyone ?

The media goes where there is a story and they attack where there is a weakness. I think Palin has shown weakness. I dont believe Obama has - at least not as much.

Again I'm in the undecided boat and not "supporting " Obama. I'm trying to state realistic facts without being emotional on either side. You wont see me saying no, no, no you cant say that about Obama and you wont hear me saying they are picking on my girl. So what. The media are going to pick on all of them. They need to be able to rise above the worst of it and show strength and leadership.

McCain is whining and stodgy. Palin appears more into her fame then her country , Obama is riding a smug glory wave of making history and whos that other guy ? Oh yeah sorry Biden but you just arent newsworthy it seems.

I think both candidates make good points but neither will follow through anyway so I'll just vote on leadership probably and Obama is a better leader of the two. Does his past association with college professors scare me - nope but then I was a war protester myself in the 60's so the Weathermen dont scare me any more than the Boston Tea Party did. Were they right to do what they did ? Probably not in the way they choose but you simply cant equate war protests with 9 - 11 terrorism. Many of those college students involved in that stuff went on to be productive respected members of society. But in a campaign they will use whatever they can to smear someone
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I have to agree about Obama and his lack of experience, Deb. It worries me so much, as does his involvement with Ayers, Rev. Wright, Chicago priest Father Flager, Tony Rezko. Besides, as I said previously, all he's done as the IL senator is run for president! He's been running his campaign for two damn years already!!

I know a lot of people don't like Hillary, but she was my choice, and I think she got screwed by the Dem party big time.

Obama's also just a little too smug and uppity for my taste.

I honestly have never missed voting for any election, presidential or otherwise, but I truly could care less this time. Since Obama is predicted to win IL by a landslide, I just might skip it all this time around since my vote won't matter one way or the other anyhow.

I also agree that Obama and Palin each have little experience. Biden is a blowbag that says some incredulous things (including the "invitation" to terrorists to do something to us if Obama is elected). McCain, in my opinion, is an angry old man....but, when all is said and done, he is still an American hero in my eyes. I hate voting in a president in any election who has zero military experience.

I'm back to being undecided today! stun
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 pm

you can't be serious Morgan, on what the media has to gain by endorsing Obama?? media has leaned slightly to heavily democratic for quite some time. imo, there is no such thing as objective journalism anymore. they all pick their candidate and color as positive a picture of them as can be done.

there was a time when ALL information in an election...esp one for the presidency... was revealed to the general public. not any more. a very troubling trend that appears not to be changing any time soon. thing is... a lot of people are not involved enuf in politics to do their own digging, and believe everything they hear on whatever station they watch regularly. don't tell me a slant L or R by the media doesn't pack a powerful punch.

i also believe it's too late for McCain/Palin to gather enuf votes to win.
i have to say, that if Obama & Co can run the country as effectively as they have their campaign.. our nation has nothing to worry about... so i'm clinging to that premise, hoping for the best with an Obama Administration.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi there Nancy! ht

You sure are correct about how well Obama has managed his campaign.

It has been obvious for a long, long time now that Obama has been the darling of the media. SNL even did skits which made it ever clearer to me how lopsided the love being doled out by the media was for him.

What happened to journalistic integrity? If they want to back a candidate, they should take a leave of absence until the election is over and done with. I find it kind of insulting and condescending with the bias I've heard....like the commentators are making up our minds for us!

Okay....I'm done. I have NEVER EVER EVER wanted an election and the whole lengthy ordeal it brings to be over with.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Admin
Susan

Number of posts : 13631
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Obama scares the hell out of me. There's just too many unanswered questions about him and I don't trust him at all. I'm not all that McCain crazy, but I at least feel safe in the knowledge that he will know how to run our country.
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 pm

I have NEVER EVER EVER wanted an election and the whole lengthy ordeal it brings to be over with. THAT!!!!

hi Joe! who luerves ya', baby?? me and Telly Savalas, that's who!! wink
Back to top Go down
Morgan Rowan
Admin
Morgan Rowan

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm

I still havent heard what the media has to gain by backing a specific candidate. Obama is the darling of the media because hes what celebrity is all about - interesting and watchable. That doesnt mean they have something to gain besides ratings cause they are celebrity oriented. So, I ask again - other than the obvious - Obama is making history - Palin is pretty to look at side of media coverage

What does the media have to gain by endorsing Obama ?
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 pm

What does the media have to gain by endorsing Obama ?

their agenda. media has always leaned Democratic as long as i can remember.
i admit the media gravitates to more coverage of those with more charisma, savvy, looks. in Obama's case.. he can do no wrong. in Palin's case (good looking, someone new, exciting.. right?)... it's working against her.
both Palin and Obama have limited governing experience....if you prefer to continue to overlook Palin's governing of ..a state. what i see Obama offering up is his ability to communicate as well as he does.. and that can't be overlooked, either. BUT i'd personally feel better about him if there was more on his previous record to back up such an embrace-able gift.
Back to top Go down
coocooitstrue

coocooitstrue

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 pm

i haven't read this yet, due to a time crunch to exit my house... but for those who care to...

Click here: Meridian Magazine:: Ideas and Society: Would the Last Honest Reporter

if this is truly an honest accounting of politics today, it's worth checking out.
Back to top Go down

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:22 pm

neworleans_lady wrote:
Obama scares the hell out of me. There's just too many unanswered questions about him and I don't trust him at all. I'm not all that McCain crazy, but I at least feel safe in the knowledge that he will know how to run our country.

DITTO. I fear the worst and I cannot get over the uneasy feeling I have.
Back to top Go down

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:13 am

I watched his special and it all sounds good but I still want to know where the money is going to come from. It doesn't add up cutting taxes and all these new programs I can't understand the math.
Back to top Go down
joechgo1

joechgo1

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:09 pm

I read reports this a.m. that Obama was "fact-checked" and there were several things that he aired that were untrue.

Obama scares me too! I just don't trust the man; nor do I like him very much either.

Well, let's be realistic, they'll say just about anything to get elected, but the vast majority of their campaign promises will never be fulfilled!!

How do you know a politician is lying? Their lips are moving!
Back to top Go down
abasketclayse
Admin
abasketclayse

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Well, I've got to say this.

I would have to say that just about any candidate that is running for President must be doing it because they have a great desire to try and improve our country - I mean, who the heck WANTS the job as President? Is there really any glory in it? Heck no. Does it pay well? Not really. Is it dangerous and controversial for your family? You bet.

I would never hold any candidate to everything he/she says during a campaign. Of course, I would not appreciate blatant lies, but to me, a promise during a campaign is more like a really developed researched wish of sorts. Somewhat of a "plan". But we all know that roadblocks get in the way of plans.

I missed John McCain leaving his hotel by about 10 minutes today. I had a meeting at a Barnes and Nobles in a new mall (in a new, underdeveloped area of town) and he was staying in a hotel next to the mall. Very out of the way, not too much fanfare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided   Undecided Empty

Back to top Go down

Undecided
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
C *A *P *C *H :: KITCHEN / politics, hot subjects-
Jump to: